Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Karthick said:

Silly question. When you faxed the documents to USCIS did you mention receipt number or anything else on all the documents to ensure they are all part of the same request?

No, I only mentioned it in the cover letter. I was too lazy and stressed to get it faxed to do that haha. 

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to put it down though

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, Basil123 said:

Just got an email from the Ombudsman that they've sent an inquiry to USCIS. They're being bombarded for my case from all sides haha💪

Unfortunately they have 90 days to respond to them.

4 hours ago, troseryensid said:

Hi all...

after so many months of no news, biometrics canceled in March and EAD expedite denied in June, I just kinda gave up on checking everyday to avoid the disappointment. 

fast forward to this month - did biometrics on Aug 21st, didn't notice it was only for I-485/I-765.

Ah. I moved in June. The person who now lives at my old address was nice enough to let me know that an immigration letter arrived at the old address. what? Went to pick it up - another biometrics appointment notice for I-131 (code 2) for September! What! I would have never gotten it if I wasn't in contact with the new tenant person. 

Called USCIS. Tier 1 confirmed with me that my address is all changed and good since June. He thinks it was a mistake with the second notice and it was strange with it sending to my old address, as everything he can see he does not see my old address.

Tier 2 called back, very impatient and rude :( told me the biometrics I did applied to only the AOS/EAD, but did not apply to the I131. "you just gotta show up, we will not continue to process your case if we see no biometrics (!?) applied to your I-131. if you have any questions visit our website, have a great day" then she hung up on me!

I was so upset yesterday after that phone call.

So I thought, okay, I wasn't gonna not show up to the second biometrics, I was just worried about the address and if something is recorded wrong in the system..

Then, just now, I tracked my case, and AOS updated to "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485 ... we will mail you an interview notice"

!??
completely unexpected but has this happened to other Feb filers here?
I also have not done I-693.
Question is, should I now just schedule the I-693 asap, or should I wait for this interview notice to show up first? I don't know how much time I have between getting the mail and the actual interview, and part of me feel like this update could just be fluke... 
And I will still go to get that second biometrics done....

If anyone has some useful links on preparing interview, I would also really appreciate it! I am F-1 (graduated) to AOS family based

Congrats! 🎉 Wish you good luck with your interview!

I would do i-693 ASAP because it takes some time. When I did it back in July it took about 15 days. I had to schedule an appointment, and wait for results. 

And your interview could be scheduled in 1-2-3-5 weeks. I saw different cases in this forum.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’ve been seeing a lot of posts lately about folks who got an interview date pre-shutdown that got cancelled and are running into the same re-scheduling problem like a lot of us here who were scheduled for a biometrics appointment pre-shutdown and also cancelled.

It seems for these folks, they are also being slotted by the field office manually only when there is an opening and for usually high-case-volume field offices, the re-scheduling is also taking forever.

I hope for us who just got their biometrics done, we just fall on the “normal” interview scheduling queue and not this frustrating limbo.

E65765B8-5BA1-4425-AEBE-D4BD951703B6.jpeg

Edited by mat2291

3 hours ago, B3M said:

Is anyone here living in California around 1 hour east from LA? I'd like to gather timelines about cases from my area

I'm in LA. Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since June 15.

Edited by Cornflake

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

I'm in LA. Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since June 15.

Mine is like that since August 18.

What about your i-765 EAD, any news? 

Just a heads up -- the processing time for I-131 is still at 2.5-5mo with a receipt date of 03/30/2020 for an outside processing times inquiry. I know it's not much, but it might be worth a try to submit an inquiry for the I-131. I'm at work now and don't have my receipt, but I'm going to try when I get home! 

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
29 minutes ago, LilyKins said:

Just a heads up -- the processing time for I-131 is still at 2.5-5mo with a receipt date of 03/30/2020 for an outside processing times inquiry. I know it's not much, but it might be worth a try to submit an inquiry for the I-131. I'm at work now and don't have my receipt, but I'm going to try when I get home! 

I just tried this and it worked! I have been trying every week for a while since my receipt date is February 24th so it has been outside of processing times for a while, and today is the first time it actually acknowledged my case is outside of processing times

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.