Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, amyS said:

oh marriage based

Cool. Also on the same boat. I’ll try what you did today first thing tomorrow because I’m also about to lose my job with my work visa expiring soon. Thanks and I’ll keep everyone updated.

29 minutes ago, mat2291 said:

I also called today (again). They did tell me that those that got their biometrics rescheduled are from category C33, C36, C37 (I might have missed another category). She said no biometrics are needed for my EAD/AP so they will be producing the card without the former, but they are needed for my I-485 so a new biometrics appointment is still necessary for that.

I honestly don’t know what to believe anymore. I’m just banking on that they will produce our EADs without biometrics but that is probably just me being hopeful? Probably too hopeful?

I am C09, I got re-scheduled biometrics already, and the invite says it is for both EAD + AOS. My other C09 friends that also got re-scheduled already, their biometrics invites mention AP only. What a mess...

C33 is Mr. Trump's favorite one - it is DACA. C36 and 37 look like reasonable for prioritization to me

Edited by MIBogdan

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

I am C09, I got re-scheduled biometrics already, and the invite says it is for both EAD + AOS. My other C09 friends that also got re-scheduled already, their biometrics invites mention AP only. What a mess...

Right? Even that is an understatement.

I also thought it was funny how I mentioned to the officer that I “knew people” who filed in May and June and got their first biometrics scheduled ahead of me and she was adamant about how all of it was a lie. She was almost believable when she said they’re scheduling using FIFO approach. I didn’t have the fight in me to tell her that’s not the case.

Edited by mat2291

7 minutes ago, mat2291 said:

I also thought it was funny how I mentioned to the officer that I “knew people” who filed in May and June and got their first biometrics scheduled ahead of me and she was adamant about how all of it was a lie. She was almost believable when she said they’re scheduling using FIFO approach. I didn’t have the fight in me to tell her that’s not the case.

The FIFO statement may be actually correct, but it is totally obscured how exactly do they define it. FIFO for what? Date of filing? Date of RFE? Date of original FP appointment? Your zodiac sign? :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Does anyone have an actual lawyer looking into this. They are obviously not doing FIFO and it seems like this would be cause for some kind of lawsuit. We are a couple of days away from the promised processing time of 5.5 months and there is no EAD card in hand, yet folks 2 months in are getting appointments. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/27/2020 at 4:35 PM, sherif-fouad said:

I received my SSN today

Did it come on its own in the mail? From checking the box on your original EAD application?

Or did you have to apply with SSA for a ssn?

It's been almost 4 weeks since we got approved, but still no ssn. We have the EAD card, but it's almost useless without an actual ssn.

Just got our interview appointment in the mail today for the end of August! Strangely, my EAD/AP status is still stuck at "fingerprints taken" since March 😕 not sure what to think about that but hopefully we are close to the finish line.

3 minutes ago, PimT said:

Just got our interview appointment in the mail today for the end of August! Strangely, my EAD/AP status is still stuck at "fingerprints taken" since March 😕 not sure what to think about that but hopefully we are close to the finish line.

They started mass scheduling for family-based interviews, it is visible from most trackers on different forums. Looks like field offices dug out from oath ceremonies and now resume interviews

Timeline
2 hours ago, amyS said:

Good News:

I called USCIS this morning and ask to speak to a tire 2 officer, after 2 hours tire 2 officer call me back and help me scheduled a biometric appointment on 8/17.  I received the appointment notice through my email 20 minutes later.  

My RD is 02/18 original appointment is 03/20(canceled), local ASC open on 7/13 , I-765 approved in July, I have been waiting on the reschedule notice for very long time.  I told him I have a job offer I really need the card. 

I am so shock this actually works, I feel lucky enough to have a really nice Tire 2 officer, anyone in the same situation can have try !!! If you want to speak to a Tire 2 call very early, afternoon they will say they are not available anymore. He also confirmed that they need the biometric to print the card

I tried this today on Live chat, and got the generic response. 

It seems like they were only willing to give me the same help if i already had an appointment that needed to be re-scheduled. I said No, i never even received on to begin with, can you help me with that?

*que in the generic response*

1 minute ago, INNSU09 said:

I tried this today on Live chat, and got the generic response. 

It seems like they were only willing to give me the same help if i already had an appointment that needed to be re-scheduled. I said No, i never even received on to begin with, can you help me with that?

*que in the generic response*

I will try calling them instead, live chat is not helpful for me. Call them and ask to speak to a Tire 2 officer and explain the situation

1 hour ago, mat2291 said:

iam waiting from jan. FIFO is bull . everyone at USCIS knows that.. damn we are getting new stories every day 

duh

1 hour ago, YasminJose said:

Did it come on its own in the mail? From checking the box on your original EAD application?

Or did you have to apply with SSA for a ssn?

It's been almost 4 weeks since we got approved, but still no ssn. We have the EAD card, but it's almost useless without an actual ssn.

I got it from the original application.

wait couple of weeks after RECEIVING your card if you didn't get it call  SSA.

By the way I called the SSA After receiving the card and they said that USCIS didn't apply to me for an SSN. And I still received it after 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, PimT said:

congratulations

hope I get mine soon.

3 hours ago, fromsweden said:

We just called and despite requesting to speak to a tier 2 agent they would not connect us "due to high call volume". We will call back tomorrow very early. 

Every day a new agent and a new response. 

i spoke to the rep . Adding to the story list. if you have not received an appointment after 30 days of ASC reopening, you can call to schedule an appointment. 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.