Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Someone on here traveled from Salt Lake City to SF for their biometrics soooooo....

So crazy. I thought I read that they ended up going in Salt Lake City?!

Wouldn't be so bad getting to the appointment, but we don't have a car so it's a little extra tricky and another expense to think about. 

Edited by klgck

19 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Nope it was a screw up. I believe it was @JoeIngles

I asked them about it - they said it might be because my lawyer’s office is located in San Francisco and all the notices go to them (weird since all the previous ones were Salt Lake City). 

Looking at my case online, it still doesn’t list that fingerprints were taken. Hopefully they change it soon. 

Also looking at the notice - it shows the fingerprints were for the travel doc and EAD. Should I expect another notice for fingerprints? So confused by everything that’s going on

EDIT - 131 and 765 list “case was received”, 485 lists “fingerprint fee was received”

Edited by JoeIngles

2 minutes ago, JoeIngles said:

I asked them about it - they said it might be because my lawyer’s office is located in San Francisco and all the notices go to them (weird since all the previous ones were Salt Lake City). 

Looking at my case online, it still doesn’t list that fingerprints were taken. Hopefully they change it soon. 

Also looking at the notice - it shows the fingerprints were for the travel doc and EAD. Should I expect another notice for fingerprints? So confused by everything that’s going on

From my own and my friend's experience - yes, if you also have an AOS then another invite will be sent

2 minutes ago, JoeIngles said:

As long as my EAD comes out before my visa expires, they can schedule 5 more 😄

how quickly should they be updating the online status? Still stuck as “case was received”.

Ideally, within a day or two - but that is ideal case. There are literally hundreds of people that submitted RFEs and never got their status updated. Did you submit any RFEs? You can also do Emma chat but be prepared to do it multiple times until you find a cooperative agent

Edited by MIBogdan

Just now, MIBogdan said:

Ideally, within a day or two - but that is ideal case. There are literally hundreds of people that submitted RFEs and never got their status updated. Did you submit any RFEs?

No, nothing. They sent me a pink slip informing me thar I didn’t submit medical records and that I should bring them to the interview (this was back in June), but that’s about it.

Just now, JoeIngles said:

No, nothing. They sent me a pink slip informing me thar I didn’t submit medical records and that I should bring them to the interview (this was back in June), but that’s about it.

??? That is interesting... Such a nice courtesy reminder... I've never heard of such a reminder being sent out. Usually pink RFE slips mean you are on track for interview (no waiver) - usually, but not always. Official USCIS facebook (I think I found it there) says that the color doesn't matter but the wording there sounds fishy :)

1 minute ago, MIBogdan said:

??? That is interesting... Such a nice courtesy reminder... I've never heard of such a reminder being sent out. Usually pink RFE slips mean you are on track for interview (no waiver) - usually, but not always. Official USCIS facebook (I think I found it there) says that the color doesn't matter but the wording there sounds fishy :)

Oh I know...got pretty excited by it, but after getting no response for 6 weeks I set my expectations lower. At least I know they’re sort of working on things 

9 minutes ago, JoeIngles said:

Oh I know...got pretty excited by it, but after getting no response for 6 weeks I set my expectations lower. At least I know they’re sort of working on things 

Look, I submitted my medical RFE response on May 15, on May 19 status changed to "RFE response received". No status changes singe then, though I did get re-scheduled biometrics invite on July 24, for Aug 5. I would suggest you try Emma chat. Don't get discouraged by useless, template-based responses - keep trying but not more than twice a day, better do it right after 8AM EST. And I can tell you in my tracking database for late February 2020 filers with NBC there are hundreds of cases that say "case was received", particularly for family based category - this is no change for 5 months. I don't have any explanation for this

Edited by MIBogdan

Hey all,  I updated you that USCIS agent told me that my case is approved on 7/22. Only today 7/27 I received text updates. 

No biometric notice received yet even though ASC is open since 7/13. 

I contacted my congressperson to try to expedite the card production. 🤞🏻

2 minutes ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

Hey all,  I updated you that USCIS agent told me that my case is approved on 7/22. Only today 7/27 I received text updates. 

Sorry, didn't see footnotes... Was asking for what type of case - it is EAD/AP...

Edited by MIBogdan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

Good luck. It's been over 3 days and my congressperson hasn't heard anything from USCIS

Edit: I have now seen multiple filers getting appointment notices at ASCs opening 7/27 (as does mine). Still not rescheduled here. Really upsets me. Is this just random?

Edited by fromsweden

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
38 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Good luck. It's been over 3 days and my congressperson hasn't heard anything from USCIS

Edit: I have now seen multiple filers getting appointment notices at ASCs opening 7/27 (as does mine). Still not rescheduled here. Really upsets me. Is this just random?

Hi, I also tried contacting our congressman for help with the biometrics as they got my case expedited and approved but they just got back to me today with the below: :( (our Santa Ana office opened last Monday 7/20)D1DDEC24-890B-4F33-B3F7-A653FF445B94.thumb.jpeg.37b86cc6118c065f7cd09095d8fdf499.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.