On 7/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, drifus26 said:

Card being produced 6/23

Card approved 6/24

Card was mailed to me 7/14

good luck everyone!

What date was the I-765 approved?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Has anyone else called USCIS after approval of I-765 and asked about biometrics and heard they would "bypass" them (this is assuming you have never gotten "wet" fingerprints)? Am I the only one? 

9 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Has anyone else called USCIS after approval of I-765 and asked about biometrics and heard they would "bypass" them (this is assuming you have never gotten "wet" fingerprints)? Am I the only one? 

Doesn't seem like anyone on here got approved today, since you were yesterday. You guys are a rare commodity on here, which makes the info even more scarce 😁 

Timeline
1 minute ago, bodgie19 said:

Doesn't seem like anyone on here got approved today, since you were yesterday. You guys are a rare commodity on here, which makes the info even more scarce 😁 

Indeed. Maybe the reason it's not been seen before is because really the last day or two is the first days when folks who had biometrics dates on or after shutdown (3/18) have gotten approvals. There may be more to come next week. 

3 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Indeed. Maybe the reason it's not been seen before is because really the last day or two is the first days when folks who had biometrics dates on or after shutdown (3/18) have gotten approvals. There may be more to come next week. 

🤞 i really really hope your right. I need to stop checking VJ and case tracker...its become and obsession this week. Have a good restful weekend. Back to the battlegrounds on Monday.

Bit of a twist in my biometrics appointment next week. The lawyers just contacted me and informed that there have been multiple instances where USCIS erroneously set the biometrics appointment in San Francisco instead of the ASC in the applicant’s jurisdiction. 

They are now advising that I show up on the same day and time, but go to the Salt Lake City ASC instead of the San Fran one. 

so confusing 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Is there any way that I can check and confirm that I’m not making a mistake by going to the wrong place? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, JoeIngles said:

Bit of a twist in my biometrics appointment next week. The lawyers just contacted me and informed that there have been multiple instances where USCIS erroneously set the biometrics appointment in San Francisco instead of the ASC in the applicant’s jurisdiction. 

They are now advising that I show up on the same day and time, but go to the Salt Lake City ASC instead of the San Fran one. 

so confusing 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Is there any way that I can check and confirm that I’m not making a mistake by going to the wrong place? 

Best way is to call uscis. If no definite answer from them, follow what your lawyer advised. 

Hey guys,

got a status update today. The interview was canceled. It says We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you

Any ideas what it might be?

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, fromsweden said:

Hii, I called them today and spoke to a representative who said that there are no biometric waivers for EAD except for special cases like court ordered mandates etc. I explained that a few others have had their biometrics waived and she was like I'm sure they must be special cases. I didnt want to argue any further so I said thank you and hung up. 😶

I plan on calling again on Monday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, fromsweden said:

Has anyone else called USCIS after approval of I-765 and asked about biometrics and heard they would "bypass" them (this is assuming you have never gotten "wet" fingerprints)? Am I the only 

Most of those who are representatives are not well informed. So I'm not fully believing her and still have hope that the biometrics will be waived 😜

1 hour ago, CMM said:

Hii, I called them today and spoke to a representative who said that there are no biometric waivers for EAD except for special cases like court ordered mandates etc. I explained that a few others have had their biometrics waived and she was like I'm sure they must be special cases. I didnt want to argue any further so I said thank you and hung up. 😶

As far as I concerned no one who was approved without biometrics got a card yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, CMM said:

We'll find out once the people got approved without biometrics receive their cards.

Some here got i485 approved without interview so i do believe that these are legit approvals. We just don't and won't know the logistics of it.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cornflake said:

As far as I concerned no one who was approved without biometrics got a card yet. 

You're right. I was told on the phone the biometrics was "bypassed", but I have no proof of this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.