Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

it really seems like were just "waived". We are not military and have never applied or had wet fingerprints. I was a little surprised. I am hoping they told me correctly but she said the card was being produced.

You look to be the exact timeline as us.  Biometrics appointment was scheduled but then the offices closed.  And then months of watching the others who had their biometrics done fly through the system.  Then wondering is ASC ever would actually open again.  Then still no biometrics at all, but EAD is a YES even without any biometrics?  I am REALLY hoping this is the case,  SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!  And living vicariously --you are giving hope.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, ourwildjourney said:

You look to be the exact timeline as us.  Biometrics appointment was scheduled but then the offices closed.  And then months of watching the others who had their biometrics done fly through the system.  Then wondering is ASC ever would actually open again.  Then still no biometrics at all, but EAD is a YES even without any biometrics?  I am REALLY hoping this is the case,  SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!  And living vicariously --you are giving hope.  

Really hopes it works out for you! Please keep us updated. Wife cannot wait to get back to work.

Timeline
1 minute ago, malajoe said:

Do you really think they take being a spouse of a military member into consideration? Just asking incase you saw or read something I am not aware of. TIA

I have no reason for thinking that other than there would be military approved fingerprints on file.  It was kind of a thought of "If I were working there how could I get fingerprint I trust". No clue if they are that coordinated.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

Congrats! Our timelines looks oddly similar, and looking through @ourwildjourney timeline we are exactly the same...

I-765 received: 2/21

Original Biometrics: 3/24

Do you think calling them helped push it along. Did the text come after you told USCIS what your issue was on the phone or was it before on hold while you were waiting to talk to someone. Maybe calling them and giving them a little push is the way to go.

I think it was just a coincidence honestly. VJ says my date for approval was expected yesterday so right on time.  I would probably wait until Monday.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

I think it was just a coincidence honestly. VJ says my date for approval was expected yesterday so right on time.  I would probably wait until Monday.

I wonder how many of us are now on hold with USCIS right now!  One here for sure!  

Timeline
1 minute ago, bodgie19 said:

LOL let me know if you get approved when I called 20 min ago the wait time was like 110 min. 😬

But the hold music is fantastic.  Kind of a flute / guitar mash-up for the ages.  

Timeline
26 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

it really seems like were just "waived". We are not military and have never applied or had wet fingerprints. I was a little surprised. I am hoping they told me correctly but she said the card was being produced.

Question -- So now do you still need to wait for a SSN?  Or is the EAD the magic ticket to working?  

Just now, ourwildjourney said:

Question -- So now do you still need to wait for a SSN?  Or is the EAD the magic ticket to working?  

Well You can start applying, but you won't get paid without SSN. I just received my card today and waiting for my SSN. Hope it comes soon. some people it took days and others took weeks.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ourwildjourney said:

We already have an SSN so not sure. From what I understand SSA should send you a card when your case is approved. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, fromsweden said:

We already have an SSN so not sure. From what I understand SSA should send you a card when your case is approved. 

Sorry if I am asking so many questions. How did you get the SSN without the other these other things approved?  Is that a separate application?  We were thinking the SSN was part of this whole processs.  Yikes!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
16 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

LOL let me know if you get approved when I called 20 min ago the wait time was like 110 min. 😬

I called an hour ago and waited for 45 minutes. An officer finally picked up my call and helped check my case status. The advise she has given was to patiently wait for an update in the portal. 😢 nothing much from the call....

FYI, fingerprints were taken on May 8, and then my case was stuck there ever since...

K1 

• I-129F sent:                       Feb 09, 2019
  • Interview:                          Aug 26, 2019
  • K1 visa received:             Sep 30, 2019
  • US Entry:                           Nov 23, 2019
  • Marriage:                          Feb 02. 2020

AOS

• Submission:                     Feb 20, 2020
  • Biometrics:                       Mar 08, 2020
  • EAD/AP Approved:          Jul 28, 2020

Timeline
Just now, ourwildjourney said:

Sorry if I am asking so many questions. How did you get the SSN without the other these other things approved?  Is that a separate application?  We were thinking the SSN was part of this whole processs.  Yikes!  

I think it will be part of it. We have an SSN because my wide was working on OPT and has been in the country for many years on F1

Timeline
6 minutes ago, sherif-fouad said:

Well You can start applying, but you won't get paid without SSN. I just received my card today and waiting for my SSN. Hope it comes soon. some people it took days and others took weeks.

Got it.  Did you apply separately for the SSN?  Or was that part of the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.