Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@TandClaudia @Ihatebaseboards did your status online change to "waiting to be rescheduled" after the cancellation?

No, it says "case was received". 22 days ago I tried to expedite on basis of extreme hardship as I will lose my job if I won't have EAD (on H1b visa until October). The expedite was denied on basis that there are no biometrics.😢

2 hours ago, Manuel94 said:

I’ve noticed that the only current 3 EAD I’ve heard of being approved without biometrics were of people from the UK (2) and Ireland (1). I’m hoping this is not a pattern where Anglo-Saxon countries are given special consideration. What do you guys think?

I think it is so random that we have better chances to win a lottery than predict which  cases are prioritized. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

Are they updating the website in the morning/evening or is it just random?

@fayrog @Manuel94 @bodgie19 I got text and email notifications. If you login to USCIS turn those notifications on if they're aren't on already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@fayrog @Manuel94 @bodgie19 I got text and email notifications. If you login to USCIS turn those notifications on if they're aren't on already.

I had done that. I received the email notifications a day after the case tracker updated and never received the text notifications. It seems like those might be hit or miss. 

2 minutes ago, fayrog said:

I had done that. I received the email notifications a day after the case tracker updated and never received the text notifications. It seems like those might be hit or miss. 

They are hit or miss my k1 status still shows  case received! Go figure that.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi All,

Lots of good info on here thank you.

We are going a bit crazy over here. My wife was forced to go on leave from a job she loves at the end of last month. Here's our timeline:

2/18: I-765 received

3/18: original biometrics date

Since then... crickets...

My ASC opens on 7/27 and we still have no biometric appointment, even though we were the first cancelled on 3/18.

We also have not gotten approval of the I-765 even though it appears most with our received date have been approved.

Any idea when any of this is going to happen? I'm so nervous that the furlough will kick in and we will be put out for another 3 months :(

Edited by fromsweden

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 7/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, sherif-fouad said:

we almost have similar timelines. Mine was mailed on 07/13

I didn't get a tracking number, did you?

FYI my status never changed on the USCIS website to "My card was picked up by USPS".  However, I see on USPS informed delivery that my card is on its way and will be delivered on 7/18.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Some updates for you. 

We called USCIS at 1PM today and as we were on the phone I got a text saying there was a status change-- our 765 was approved! 

On the call we asked about biometrics and were told "it looks like they are bypassing them" for the EAD card! 

This is fantastic news. Now we wait for printing, which I pray isn't too long...

Congratulations!  So you never had to do biometrics at all?  Did they have fingerprints on file from something else?  Another application, military, etc?

Just living vicariously here because we missed biometrics by two days before offices closed.  

Thanks and congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, ourwildjourney said:

Congratulations!  So you never had to do biometrics at all?  Did they have fingerprints on file from something else?  Another application, military, etc?

Just living vicariously here because we missed biometrics by two days before offices closed.  

Thanks and congrats!

it really seems like were just "waived". We are not military and have never applied or had wet fingerprints. I was a little surprised. I am hoping they told me correctly but she said the card was being produced.

27 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Some updates for you. 

We called USCIS at 1PM today and as we were on the phone I got a text saying there was a status change-- our 765 was approved! 

On the call we asked about biometrics and were told "it looks like they are bypassing them" for the EAD card! 

This is fantastic news. Now we wait for printing, which I pray isn't too long...

Congrats! Our timelines looks oddly similar, and looking through @ourwildjourney timeline we are exactly the same...

I-765 received: 2/21

Original Biometrics: 3/24

Do you think calling them helped push it along. Did the text come after you told USCIS what your issue was on the phone or was it before on hold while you were waiting to talk to someone. Maybe calling them and giving them a little push is the way to go.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ourwildjourney said:

Thanks and congrats!

Do you really think they take being a spouse of a military member into consideration? Just asking incase you saw or read something I am not aware of. TIA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.