Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I had an RFE for our AOS, to which we quickly responded. The status on our AOS is that the RFE was received, but will it necessarily affect the processing of the EAD and AP? 

The status on the EAD and AP just still say it was received. We filed on February 20, and our NOA1 is March 24th. 

So I keep checking on the basis that other late Feb filers are getting their documents. But I wondered if because our AOS had an RFE, that the other cards might come later than normal. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

Same here. Our ASC is open from Monday. No incoming mail to inform on new biometric date. This is exhausting. 

@TandClaudia @Ihatebaseboards did your status online change to "waiting to be rescheduled" after the cancellation?

2 minutes ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

I had an RFE for our AOS, to which we quickly responded. The status on our AOS is that the RFE was received, but will it necessarily affect the processing of the EAD and AP? 

The status on the EAD and AP just still say it was received. We filed on February 20, and our NOA1 is March 24th. 

So I keep checking on the basis that other late Feb filers are getting their documents. But I wondered if because our AOS had an RFE, that the other cards might come later than normal. 

We never received an RFE, but our timing in terms of filing and NOA1 is exactly the same. I'm in Chicago so I don't know if that effects us for being slower. Like you, I'm hoping we are next because it seems like they are slowly exiting out of the "Feb teens" and starting the 20s...at least thats my hopes. I'll send you something if anything changes on my end as our timelines are similar.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

We never received an RFE, but our timing in terms of filing and NOA1 is exactly the same. I'm in Chicago so I don't know if that effects us for being slower. Like you, I'm hoping we are next because it seems like they are slowly exiting out of the "Feb teens" and starting the 20s...at least thats my hopes. I'll send you something if anything changes on my end as our timelines are similar.

That's great, I really appreciate it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
3 hours ago, morry & ren said:

Hello all,

My wife just got her update yesterday that her EAD card is being produced!:dance:

Congrats!  I'm kicking myself....I had planned on taking Claudia in to do a "walk in" for biometrics the first week of March, but I decided to wait until they scheduled a date for her.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

1 hour ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

Those of you who are waiting for your status of EAD/AP to change from "APPROVED" TO "Card Mailed" please 'heart'/like this comment, so we know that we're in the wait together.

Hi! We’re on the same boat again (got RFE the same time) lol. My status changed to “New Card is being produced” on June 29 and “Case Was Approved” on June 30. 

I received the approval notice in the mail on July  7. Received my updated SSN card on July 13. But so far no update about the combo card being mailed. Hoping we get it next week. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

Congrats!  I'm kicking myself....I had planned on taking Claudia in to do a "walk in" for biometrics the first week of March, but I decided to wait until they scheduled a date for her.

We ended up having to drive to Greer SC to  have her Biometrics  done. They scheduled her there instead of Nashville. It was a much better drive and a little closer for us and nowhere near as much traffic as Nashville. They would not have let us in if she didnt have her appointment letter with us. It closed the very next day after her appointment on the 18th!

Just now, drifus26 said:

Card being produced 6/23

Card approved 6/24

Card was mailed to me 7/14

good luck everyone!

Congrats! Glad to know it’s moving. So it may really be another week for us who got the notice on 29/30. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I too received 2 RFEs ugh! 
I-485, I-765, I-131 Jan 27

Expedite Approved: May 15

RFE: June 1st

Expedite Refused: June 11

2nd RFE: June 24

Approved: July 13

insane! 

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Jujusmom said:

Congrats! Glad to know it’s moving. So it may really be another week for us who got the notice on 29/30. 

Thanks! You can follow shipment of EAD cards on https://opttimeline.com/ 

Even though this is a website for optional piratical training (OPT) EADs, the shipping status corresponds with approval dates of EADs from AOS as well.

29 minutes ago, drifus26 said:

Thanks! You can follow shipment of EAD cards on https://opttimeline.com/ 

Even though this is a website for optional piratical training (OPT) EADs, the shipping status corresponds with approval dates of EADs from AOS as well.

This is exactly what I've been looking for! But question, when I click the link its YSC; my service center is MSC. Does it matter?

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

This is exactly what I've been looking for! But question, when I click the link its YSC; my service center is MSC. Does it matter?

You can't search for your individual case on the OPT website. But if you go down to the bottom, and click on the tab "Shipping Status" (next to the tab "By Receipt Date"), it will pull up information on the EAD cards being shipped. You can see what approval dates they are working on, and which have been sent out over the past week.

Hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.