Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Magna said:

Does anyone hear about biometric appointment form USCIS? 

I haven't heard about the news saying anyone gets a new appointment letter, and just curious about whether the people high up in the hierarchy of the USCIS are desperately waiting for a furlough for not collecting fingerprints. 

Nothing for me either. My husband called USCIS application support center earlier but it seems like they won't give us any further notice yet. They said the office near me should be opening soon, so hopefully we'll here from them soon...

I have been trying to get driver's license but apparently DMV needs i-797 (not i-797C) to give me an approval for the license (Even though USCIS support center told us i-797C can be approval too). So I guess I have to wait 😕

3 hours ago, Magna said:

Does anyone hear about biometric appointment form USCIS? 

I haven't heard about the news saying anyone gets a new appointment letter, and just curious about whether the people high up in the hierarchy of the USCIS are desperately waiting for a furlough for not collecting fingerprints. 

Nothing for us either, our ASC isn't opening for another two weeks so we're not expecting anything for a while. Just more waiting around in limbo.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lyubov said:

My AOS interview was scheduled for Aug 13th in Memphis, TN. So excited! I guess they won't approve my EAD because it hardly makes any sense now

Don't be so sure; last year lots of people got their EAD between when their interview was scheduled and when it actually took place (including my wife).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

4 hours ago, Lyubov said:

My AOS interview was scheduled for Aug 13th in Memphis, TN. So excited! I guess they won't approve my EAD because it hardly makes any sense now

I would not be surprised if they approved  it!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Manuel94 said:

It looks like so far only people with biometrics taken before the COVID shutdown, or with military background, have been getting approvals for their I-765.

I got approved last week for ead and ap and did not do biometrics as it was scheduled the day after all offices closed due to covid. I do not have a card yet but approval notices arrived today outlining the card will be sent seperately

Edited by NKDL

3 minutes ago, NKDL said:

I got approved last week for ead and ap and did not do biometrics as it was scheduled the day after all offices closed due to covid. I do not have a card yet but approval notices have been sent out.

If you had your bio metrics, you will get the card.

Edited by sherif-fouad

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 minutes ago, sherif-fouad said:

If you had your bio metrics, you will get the card.

As mentioned above I didnt do biometrics as the offices closed before my appointment. The approval notice states the combo card will be sent out seperate to the approval notice. Keeping fingers crossed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
31 minutes ago, NKDL said:

As mentioned above I didnt do biometrics as the offices closed before my appointment. The approval notice states the combo card will be sent out seperate to the approval notice. Keeping fingers crossed. 

This is the situation we’re in. Your NOA is a week or so before ours so hopefully we get something soon. 

34 minutes ago, NKDL said:

Same. Our NOA was 3/6 so I'm really hoping our application is being worked on in the next day or so. 4 days between our NOA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, NKDL said:

I got approved last week for ead and ap and did not do biometrics as it was scheduled the day after all offices closed due to covid. I do not have a card yet but approval notices arrived today outlining the card will be sent seperately

Skipped the biometrics. Lucky you! 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, j00n said:

Nothing for me either. My husband called USCIS application support center earlier but it seems like they won't give us any further notice yet. They said the office near me should be opening soon, so hopefully we'll here from them soon...

I have been trying to get driver's license but apparently DMV needs i-797 (not i-797C) to give me an approval for the license (Even though USCIS support center told us i-797C can be approval too). So I guess I have to wait 😕

When we requested for FL DL, they only needed our passports, visas, and our foriegn DLs. This is in Jacksonville, FL. Me and my K2 have 1yr US licenses. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, j00n said:

What state are you in? I'm in Texas and just got my lawful presence verification in the mail. I went to the DMV with my i-797C and they submitted the request to UsCIS. It took about 12 days and now I'm supposed to go back to get my license. My only problem now is that they don't have any available appointments until December 🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.