Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Distantlove718 said:

Hey we did the biometrics March 6 and it was updated on the status for aos and ead. But we just got a notification to do another one for the travel document. Do we have to do it again? The one we already did can’t be applied ? 

Hi

Same here

I did I-485 and I-765 biometrics taken yesterday that was March 12

But today I got a letter from USCIS appointment to my I-131 AP biometrics taking on coming March 24

Did you ask USCIS or you have any idea what happend?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
20 minutes ago, FWEAK said:

Hi

Same here

But today I got a letter from USCIS appointment to my I-131 AP biometrics taking on coming March 24

Yeah they told us if we got the letter to do it for the travel document then we have to do it. I asked to speak to a tier 2 but they said I’d have to call back Monday 

21 hours ago, FWEAK said:

Hi

Same here

20 hours ago, Distantlove718 said:

Yeah they told us if we got the letter to do it for the travel document then we have to do it. I asked to speak to a tier 2 but they said I’d have to call back Monday 

This is happening for many many people I think it has something to with that February 24th change over. Things  were fine before that.  How could so many biometrics be needed again? I know it kinda gets under your skin, but there is nothing you can do but comply.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 minutes ago, PECS said:

Received my entire AOS packet due to outdated forms being sent. Now all docs included copies for evidence has marking in it, can i resubmit it those?except updated forms?

Yes return all but the outdated forms they will see their markings. Of course submit the current new forms as required.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 minutes ago, PECS said:

Awe, Thank you Sarge2155, as I was about to reprint the whole package again. What about the check do i have to change it too?

thumbnail (2).jpg

To be safe I would void out the old check and rewrite a new one. While you are at it check again the edition date and current dates of all forms  before you resend too.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

On 3/13/2020 at 11:51 AM, ImmPro said:

It has been a crazy 2020, and we are just three months in. I just wanted to share my experience from the law office where I work, so you guys have some idea of the climate currently. 

Let me start off with I am frustrated because just yesterday one of those packets sent before the 24th was rejected. It was sent out the 22nd and was delivered to Chicago on the 24th. That same day we sent out seven others exactly the same way. Mind you there is no difference except probably the individual who looked them over at the lock-box. Now 6 out of the 7 were no problem, but one did comeback.  To make things worse it was raining and when it came back the whole packet was soaked. As if someone dipped it in water , so everything inside the packet was destroyed. Of course we always make copies of everything sent, so at least we have that. USCIS has no idea sometimes how to implement its policies, especially regarding this new public charge rule. If they don't know how can anyone else know. We sent those public charge forms out to clients that have consular appointments and sometimes they ask for them and sometimes they don't (although became effective after Feb. 24). I think we wont know the full story until this policy has been in place for at least like a year.

Today I got an e-mail for the embassy in Beirut, Lebanon because one of clients was scheduled   for an appointment there on March 20th. He left on Monday and guess what they are suspending routine consular operations. This might be something that might be prudent to keep an eye out on, because can be the first of many. I am just updating you guys just to give you my experience of the climate right now. It's crazy to say the least. 

Hey guys, 

Sorry to hear about your situation, do you know if they cashed your checks anyway? 

39 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

To be safe I would void out the old check and rewrite a new one. While you are at it check again the edition date and current dates of all forms  before you resend too.

Hey there,

I just realized I too sent old editions of the forms. Should I wait for them to be rejected or should I just go ahead and send a new one in? 

18 minutes ago, terence2108 said:

Hey there,

I just realized I too sent old editions of the forms. Should I wait for them to be rejected or should I just go ahead and send a new one in? 

Wait for it to be rejected.

Citizenship Complete!

I’m a little anxious seeing all those rejection. Why cases are getting rejected?

what about that new I-485 form? I didn’t know nothing about it 

I sent my package on Feb 21

Lockbox received on Feb 23

Receive Texts on March 3 

Biometrics Letter on March 12

(I have to go on March 23)

Do I have to worried about something? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mine was rejected too, I even included the Fedex receipt and highlighted the date February 23,  2019 12:23 pm. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/734876-aos-rejected-help-please/

So I'm going to start working on the I-944 and submit new forms.

Good luck to everyone.

39 minutes ago, terence2108 said:

Will it be rejected if I did include the i-944 And the supporting documents but accidentally used the previous edition Of the i-485 and i-864? 

All you can do is wait now!

Citizenship Complete!

33 minutes ago, Maria&Wirbir said:

I’m a little anxious seeing all those rejection. Why cases are getting rejected?

what about that new I-485 form? I didn’t know nothing about it 

I sent my package on Feb 21

Lockbox received on Feb 23

Receive Texts on March 3 

Biometrics Letter on March 12

(I have to go on March 23)

Do I have to worried about something? 

If you got a biometrics letter you are safe from a rejection. The rejections come from using the old forms after February 24th.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.