Kimo04

Uscis home visit

49 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kimo04 said:

What I mean is being a caregiver with the company I work u are not going to one client Monday to Friday,  u can be posted to a different client in different locations,  my husband can't know exactly where I will be working 

That's normal, I'm pretty sure most people don't know the exact address their spouse is working at if it changes all the time /they travel a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

That's normal, I'm pretty sure most people don't know the exact address their spouse is working at if it changes all the time /they travel a lot. 

The typical response would be the name of the agency she goes through. If they really pressed for an address, then it would be their address.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
46 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The typical response would be the name of the agency she goes through. If they really pressed for an address, then it would be their address.

It is very possible for one not to know where your spouse is at working on particular day. They could be going from one location to another and with a surprise visit like that one could get facts mixed up. 

Edited by PrisEri

*** Gentle reminder not to use any foul language on the forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, PrisEri said:

It is very possible for one not to know where your spouse is at working on particular day. They could be going from one location to another and with a surprise visit like that one could get facts mixed up. 

U gat what am saying right , for example I was working in south that day and my husband said north that's the only question he gat wrong. But he gat the name of the company right 

38 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

*** Gentle reminder not to use any foul language on the forum.

VJ Moderation

Sorry about that 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

What are you worried about? there is nothing to see here. They came , they saw and they left.  You case will be approved unless you have some other inadmissibility issues.

Edited by azblk

Timeline
8 minutes ago, azblk said:

What are you worried about? there is nothing to see here. They came , they saw and they left.  You case will be approved unless you have some other inadmissibility issues.

@azblk nothing to think of, our marriage is bonafide we have child together. Bcos is taking too long after interview in September , and anything yet only for them to send me my case is still pending. On the day of the interview the officer asked us if she requested DNA, are we ready to do it. We are ready for anything 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Kimo04 said:

@azblk nothing to think of, our marriage is bonafide we have child together. Bcos is taking too long after interview in September , and anything yet only for them to send me my case is still pending. On the day of the interview the officer asked us if she requested DNA, are we ready to do it. We are ready for anything 

The uscis is by nature suspicious. For whatever reason they decided to do a home visit which happens sometimes. From your description it seems everything was as should be expected. Do not worry yourself to death. Nothing you have described is unusual.

1 hour ago, azblk said:

It is not a question of admissibility at this point.  USCIS is investigating the legitimacy of the marriage on which her GC application is based.

Having a child together doesn't indicate a bona fide marriage.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
8 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Having a child together doesn't indicate a bona fide marriage.

@geowrian please can u define bonafide marriage for me, because when you and ur spouse are living together and have baby. You are happy with each other and do things together 

1 minute ago, Kimo04 said:

@geowrian please can u define bonafide marriage for me, because when you and ur spouse are living together and have baby. You are happy with each other and do things together 

His point is that having a baby doesn't "prove" anything.  Plenty of couples in bonafide marriages do not have children.  Similarly, people have children with folks with whom they have had a one night stand and no discernible relationship.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

His point is that having a baby doesn't "prove" anything.  Plenty of couples in bonafide marriages do not have children.  Similarly, people have children with folks with whom they have had a one night stand and no discernible relationship.

But in our case is not like that,  after we gat married we waited for one and half years become the baby come and we still plane to have more. We Date, we married and we have baby.

Just now, Kimo04 said:

But in our case is not like that,  after we gat married we waited for one and half years become the baby come and we still plane to have more. We Date, we married and we have baby.

No one was suggesting it was like that in your case.  Just that two people having a baby together is not in and of itself, evidence of a bonafide marriage.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

@Jorgedigam African lady and I need a father figure, duties in the life of my children 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.