Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, heonss said:

I know there are many folks in the same situation but it’s been 189 days and i’m at my wit’s end :(

We got our NOA2 after 190 days. Unfortunately I think they're just processing things much slower. Hang in there though, you will be next!

3 hours ago, Angela & Brendon said:

We got our NOA2 after 190 days. Unfortunately I think they're just processing things much slower. Hang in there though, you will be next!

Congratulations! Join us in the AUGUST 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks, and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/744595-august-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

PDF with tips, tricks, and hacks. BTW this PDF is updated from time to time so you might check back to ensure you have the latest information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations! Join us in the AUGUST 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks, and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/744595-august-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

PDF with tips, tricks, and hacks. BTW this PDF is updated from time to time so you might check back to ensure you have the latest information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Already have :) thanks for the reminder though! Definitely recommend this page to anybody that has received their NOA2 and hasn't joined yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, heonss said:

I know there are many folks in the same situation but it’s been 189 days and i’m at my wit’s end :(

201 days here and I know its really frustrating :( I understand. Hopefully its our week

We received our RFE yesterday. The letter said we had provided proof enough of having travelled to each other's countries but they say we didn't provide enough proof of having met in-person. We stayed at each other's homes so we have no hotel receipts to provide and thought that we had supplied enough supporting evidence to show that I had stayed with him at my home and he had stayed with me at his. We didn't supply affidavits from anyone saying that we had met so that's what we'll do now and send that back to them along with some more receipts for trips and purchases we made. Hopefully that will be enough. 

56 minutes ago, midsummer said:

We received our RFE yesterday. The letter said we had provided proof enough of having travelled to each other's countries but they say we didn't provide enough proof of having met in-person. We stayed at each other's homes so we have no hotel receipts to provide and thought that we had supplied enough supporting evidence to show that I had stayed with him at my home and he had stayed with me at his. We didn't supply affidavits from anyone saying that we had met so that's what we'll do now and send that back to them along with some more receipts for trips and purchases we made. Hopefully that will be enough. 

Did you provide pages from your passport that shows entrance and exit stamps? That is one of the strongest pieces of evidence you can provide. A short letter/declaration of facts from a friend supporting that they were with you and he on separate occasions would help. I wouldn't use it as my sole proof. Keep in mind that you have only one shot at providing evidence of your meeting so think this through before responding.

This is an older thread on this topic but the information is still viable to help you.

11 hours ago, heonss said:

OH MY GOD. My case got approved today. 189 days and NOA2. Thanks to all of your kind words!!! 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Did you provide pages from your passport that shows entrance and exit stamps? That is one of the strongest pieces of evidence you can provide. A short letter/declaration of facts from a friend supporting that they were with you and he on separate occasions would help. I wouldn't use it as my sole proof. Keep in mind that you have only one shot at providing evidence of your meeting so think this through before responding.

This is an older thread on this topic but the information is still viable to help you.

Thank you. I'll read through that straight away. We sent our itinerary, tickets, passport photos with entry and exit stamps, boarding passes and all. 

My fiancé going to call them tomorrow to get a better understanding of what we need. They also asked us for something that we sent in the original package so we are wondering if our evidence got lost. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
4 hours ago, midsummer said:

We sent our itinerary, tickets, passport photos with entry and exit stamps, boarding passes and all. 

This is something I worry about when they will finally get to our case. We were very fortunate that my fiance was able to come visit me for 6 months. In a similar situation as yourself, he stayed at my home. How do you prove that, you know? I'm assuming by you stating before that you thought you sent enough evidence that you stayed at each other's homes, that you sent pictures of you both together as well? I wish we could send a disc with videos 😂

Those of you that have gotten or anticipate and RFE for the provisions of proof of meeting in person there are two main things to keep in mind that I have seen over the years.

1. Yes, you may have sent good viable proof of meeting in person with your original submission of the I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)  but sometimes it doesn't get scanned into the system for whatever reason. No one has explained the why and what for because no one knows. It just "falls through the crack" during the initial 

2. Once an individual replies to the RFE the strongest proof of meeting is passport stamps. Yes, I know, you already sent them (see #1) but to do so again can make a difference if you are approved. 

3. Another item, along with the passport stamps that is strong is charge card receipts that indicate the town in which the card was used.

Here is a website that explains further in detail. https://www.visatutor.com/i-129f-evidence-of-meeting/

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

12 hours ago, midsummer said:

Did you send them a picture of the two of you together?  One picture should have been sufficient. 

12 hours ago, Marek50 said:

Did you send them a picture of the two of you together?  One picture should have been sufficient. 

A picture(s) can help but they are not foolproof. They can be photoshopped, so they are not a strong indicator of meeting together. Passport stamps are the #1 evidence of meeting and importantly they are what the USCIS is looking for. There are others. Follow the link I provided in my posting above and read and you will see other recommendations to use to answer that question. 

Also, here is a letter that normally or has in the past sent to the petitioner to answer what they are looking for.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LcxyB7lyfhS1AHvwHGQV7oZjAO_hQJB6/view

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 8/25/2020 at 7:42 PM, heonss said:

OH MY GOD. My case got approved today. 189 days and NOA2. Thanks to all of your kind words!!! 

12 hours ago, Marek50 said:

On a side note: 

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.