Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

1,258 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just noticed that some of October's filer's timeline from Brazil, UAE,Thailand etc. They will be having a final interview and most of them scheduled like July to September.  Is it true?

Edited by Stringbeans

4 hours ago, Stringbeans said:

I just noticed that some of October's filer's timeline from Brazil, UAE,Thailand etc. They will be having a final interview and most of them scheduled like July to September.  Is it true?

Yes, it's true that they could schedule an interview, but Brazil is already canceling June and July's interviews. The rest will follow soon.

Don't get excited. You're not being passed over. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 minutes ago, Ryceryce said:

Congrats!!! I can't remember if it's because you had an emergency interview?

Yeah! I have an emergency interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, 

So i'm pretty confused here with paying for the visa application. Back in March, I got an email saying it was heading to the embassy and although we haven't received the actual P3 letter yet but our case stated ready on the site. We went ahead and completed the DS 160 application. The instructions on the site says we have to pay the visa fee at a local GT bank . My fiance has tried several times to go and pay and he was told they're not accepting payment. I'm not sure if this is because of covid. I'm not sure how else we can pay for the visa fee. I was hoping to have it paid so that when everything is lifted and resumes we can go straight to booking an interview.

also my NOA 2 letter will expire June 20th, if the embassy hasn't touched our case yet and hasn't sent a P3 letter by that time, how will it affect our case?

☹️

2 minutes ago, GigiG24 said:

Hi, 

So i'm pretty confused here with paying for the visa application. Back in March, I got an email saying it was heading to the embassy and although we haven't received the actual P3 letter yet but our case stated ready on the site. We went ahead and completed the DS 160 application. The instructions on the site says we have to pay the visa fee at a local GT bank . My fiance has tried several times to go and pay and he was told they're not accepting payment. I'm not sure if this is because of covid. I'm not sure how else we can pay for the visa fee. I was hoping to have it paid so that when everything is lifted and resumes we can go straight to booking an interview.

also my NOA 2 letter will expire June 20th, if the embassy hasn't touched our case yet and hasn't sent a P3 letter by that time, how will it affect our case?

☹️

As a student of this thread it has been opined many times that the NOA2 expires after one year but can be extended in increments of four-months at a time. The embassy has the responsibility to extend the visa past any four-month period, with good reason, for another four months up to one year. If it totally expires then you would have to reapply and start over. We will learn more as the embassies open so sit back and relax but stay in engaged.

The embassies are closed but some are scheduling and some that allowed scheduling are now cancelling the appointments. Until your embassy switches on the interview scheduling you are not able to pay your fee.

That's how it will affect your case.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

As a student of this thread it has been opined many times that the NOA2 expires after one year but can be extended in increments of four-months at a time. The embassy has the responsibility to extend the visa past any four-month period, with good reason, for another four months up to one year. If it totally expires then you would have to reapply and start over. We will learn more as the embassies open so sit back and relax but stay in engaged.

The embassies are closed but some are scheduling and some that allowed scheduling are now cancelling the appointments. Until your embassy switches on the interview scheduling you are not able to pay your fee.

That's how it will affect your case.

oh okay make sense. thank you !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/18/2020 at 3:20 AM, Greenbaum said:

Yes, it's true that they could schedule an interview, but Brazil is already canceling June and July's interviews. The rest will follow soon.

Don't get excited. You're not being passed over. :D

I have noticed that you were being rude sometimes.

My medical is on the 26th and my interview is on the 2nd. They are going to mark it as priority and send it ASAP so I hope it gets there in time. Bit worried!

7 hours ago, Stringbeans said:

I have noticed that you were being rude sometimes.

The information is out there and has been said many times. You are not here for six years hearing the same question asked over and over. I even have people who post the same question just after it has been asked in a previous post above theirs. People don't read each entry, or they wouldn't ask the question. I created a step by step guide so they wouldn't have to ask the same question. 

“It is better to keep one’s mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” Good luck and stay engaged. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, Cilllah said:

My medical is on the 26th and my interview is on the 2nd. They are going to mark it as priority and send it ASAP so I hope it gets there in time. Bit worried!

I'm sure they have the process for the sending of your medical to the embassy post haste. You're getting closer, but you are moving in the forward direction. Stay engaged and you should be fine. With not many interviews and taking their medical it should be a breeze to get this completed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 4/9/2020 at 6:54 AM, JenelleRosado said:

Well the situation here has gotten pretty dire, civil unrest etc. So yes I'm okay with leaving here for now and returning for the interview when things settle down. I'll keep you all updated when I do return for the interview. Thanks for all your help Greenbaum! 

I’m curious what type of emergency visa they granted you. I tried to get my husband on the repatriation flight from Belize and they would only offer non-immigrant visas such as the tourist visa or diplomatic visas. Was the emergency visa you are referring to a tourist visa or were you given another option? We elected not to go that route since my husband wouldn’t be able to work for an indefinite period of time so I just stayed here with him in Belize and requested an expedited interview when they open back up.

By the way, I don’t really consider the situation in Belize dire as we only had 18 cases. It is actually much safer here than in the US right now. I live with my husband near the western border and while there has been some issues with border intrusion, the situation here is not really out of the ordinary for Belize.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.