Commish10

DS 160

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do given names include middle name which is her mother's maiden name. I do not see any place to include that name which is commonly uses as the full name. Thanks,

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Do given names include middle name which is her mother's maiden name. I do not see any place to include that name which is commonly uses as the full name. Thanks,

Yes.     

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The DS-160 is an absolute nightmare for us.  I'm in the Philippines now with my fiancee and the site keeps crashing or timing out.  We tried like 4 different browsers (Internet Explorer, CHROME, FireFox, and Safari).  They all don't work.  It won't even let us retrieve the application properly because it says that the surname and birth year is wrong which is absolutely false.

What can we do?  We've been struggling with this for the past few days.  I'm wondering if the US Embassy can help us or something, because we tried everything.  I went on other computers as well around here.

Suggestions???

event.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, apellica said:

The DS-160 is an absolute nightmare for us.  I'm in the Philippines now with my fiancee and the site keeps crashing or timing out.  We tried like 4 different browsers (Internet Explorer, CHROME, FireFox, and Safari).  They all don't work.  It won't even let us retrieve the application properly because it says that the surname and birth year is wrong which is absolutely false.

What can we do?  We've been struggling with this for the past few days.  I'm wondering if the US Embassy can help us or something, because we tried everything.  I went on other computers as well around here.

Suggestions???

There’s a help request on the site, and a phone number. Sorry I can’t get to the site right now to tell you exactly how to get to it. They assisted us with an issue we had.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

There’s a help request on the site, and a phone number. Sorry I can’t get to the site right now to tell you exactly how to get to it. They assisted us with an issue we had.

Ok thank you.  Will look into it....

event.png

Timeline
41 minutes ago, apellica said:

Suggestions???

How fast is your internet connection?    That could be part of the issue; low speed and high latency .     Firefox is known to work pretty good with the DS-160

There is info and links to additional info for the DS-160 here   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

How fast is your internet connection?    That could be part of the issue; low speed and high latency .     Firefox is known to work pretty good with the DS-160

There is info and links to additional info for the DS-160 here   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

The speed is actually quite good at the hotel we are staying (Marco Plaza Hotel) in Cebu.  Speed hasn’t been an issue.  However, we are constantly getting hit with entering the CAPTCHA code; which is for verification we are not a bot.  I think that is causing most of the problems honestly.....

event.png

Timeline
28 minutes ago, apellica said:

The speed is actually quite good at the hotel we are staying (Marco Plaza Hotel) in Cebu.  Speed hasn’t been an issue.  However, we are constantly getting hit with entering the CAPTCHA code; which is for verification we are not a bot.  I think that is causing most of the problems honestly.....

I have to tell you CEAC software has been a mess most all of 2019 and I guess they still haven't gotten fixed.

It has been a challenge to get the DS-160 completed.       Just keep trying...  :unsure:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

I have to tell you CEAC software has been a mess most all of 2019 and I guess they still haven't gotten fixed.

It has been a challenge to get the DS-160 completed.       Just keep trying...  :unsure:  

Thank you Hank.  We will do our best.

event.png

On 1/28/2020 at 4:32 AM, Commish10 said:

Do given names include middle name

Look at the "Help" box to the right of the given name field. It says "Your given name includes any first name and any middle name that is listed in your passport or travel documentation. If your passport or travel documentation does not include a given name, please enter 'FNU' in Given Names." I am in Manila and am almost done with the DS160. I've used Chrome and I've never had connection issues. 

Timeline
On 1/30/2020 at 5:02 AM, Hank_ said:

Keep us posted as to what worked for you to get the DS-160 completed

We finally got all the paperwork completed...including the DS-160.  Unfortunately, we still struggled with the DS-160 and had to get her sister involved located in the USA to help us.  Was able to do answer all the questions over the phone and her sister would update the DS-160.  Once she completed it, we were able to open it, submit it, and print the confirmation page before it crashed.

I still do not know what really caused the problems but I could speculate it has something to do with the "firewall" in the hotel we are staying at.  We have great speed here, but maybe doing it thru the hotel was the primary cause.

Also, we were able to schedule the US Embassy appointment at the desired time, so we are pretty happy with that.  Shortly after, we pre-registered at the St. Lukes Clinic.  There were no dates for us to schedule an appointment, I guess you just need to show up a few days before the interview to complete the process so my fiancee will have it completed in time.

Thanks again.

event.png

Timeline
16 minutes ago, apellica said:

We finally got all the paperwork completed...including the DS-160.  Unfortunately, we still struggled with the DS-160 and had to get her sister involved located in the USA to help us.  Was able to do answer all the questions over the phone and her sister would update the DS-160.  Once she completed it, we were able to open it, submit it, and print the confirmation page before it crashed.

I still do not know what really caused the problems but I could speculate it has something to do with the "firewall" in the hotel we are staying at.  We have great speed here, but maybe doing it thru the hotel was the primary cause.

Also, we were able to schedule the US Embassy appointment at the desired time, so we are pretty happy with that.  Shortly after, we pre-registered at the St. Lukes Clinic.  There were no dates for us to schedule an appointment, I guess you just need to show up a few days before the interview to complete the process so my fiancee will have it completed in time.

Thanks again.

Yes, SLEC is walk-in, first come - first served.     DO NOT show up at O' dark-thirty and stand it line, wait until SLEC has been open for an hour or two you will still easy complete day 1  and get the perk of sleeping in and having a nice breakfast.  ;)  

Allow a 24 hr. space between day 2 of the medical and the interview at the embassy.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 9:56 AM, apellica said:

However, we are constantly getting hit with entering the CAPTCHA code

I was having a nightmare with that here in the USA too. I hate their site.

Timeline

CEAC is beyond annoying.  For well over a year now, since they switched to this new software it has been messed up  ... but then it is the gubermint

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.