Mkyl012104

k1 visa (merged)

36 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Heart<3 said:

Hiya! Apologies for jumping on here but I’m now feeling anxious just by reading the thread. 

I’m also divorced. I have my Foreign Divorce Decree on hand and we decided to push through with filing for a K1 visa thinking USEM Manila will accept it just fine along with a COM that doesn’t say annotated. 

Just a brief info about my situation. I came back to the Phil in 2017 to have my foreign divorce recognized. With that in mind I wasn’t expecting the process to be extremely lengthy considering it isn’t annulment but a Recognition of Foreign Divorce. Here we are, 2020 and it isn’t finished yet. I am waiting to hear from the Judge for the finality & documents to bring it to Civil Registrar General then to my Local Civil Registrar.

As for my K1 visa we r now waiting for our Case# from NVC to book for medical & interview. 

Extremely worried now that they will ask me to go back and wait for this to be annotated before granting me a visa? @Hank_ @GreenbaumUr thoughts are highly appreciated 😞

If you take your foreign divorce to the embassy on the day of your interview the US CO will except it without all the mombo jumbo. But I am removed from what the latest information is but @Hank_ has a much better idea.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

If you take your foreign divorce to the embassy on the day of your interview the US CO will except it without all the mombo jumbo. But I am removed from what the latest information is but @Hank_ has a much better idea.

And that has been an issue since the beginning of 2019, there seems to be a CO (or it is a new policy, which I highly doubt) that when he/she sees the foreign divorce decree demands that recognition of divorce be completed  ...  and that brings us to the issue of the moment.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

26 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

And that has been an issue since the beginning of 2019, there seems to be a CO (or it is a new policy, which I highly doubt) that when he/she sees the foreign divorce decree demands that recognition of divorce be completed  ...  and that brings us to the issue of the moment.

Thanks for the current information.  Thats why i referred this to you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Thanks for the current information.  Thats why i referred this to you.

What I am not certain of with this person is IF the CO asked for an annotated COM (that is how PSA refers to the Certificate of Marriage, that we call CEMAR), or if she is overthinking this.   My first impression was that she did not bring her PSA CEMAR (COM) to the interview and she received a 221g .   It would be good to know that is stated in that emailed (221g) from the embassy.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

59 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

What I am not certain of with this person is IF the CO asked for an annotated COM (that is how PSA refers to the Certificate of Marriage, that we call CEMAR), or if she is overthinking this.   My first impression was that she did not bring her PSA CEMAR (COM) to the interview and she received a 221g .   It would be good to know that is stated in that emailed (221g) from the embassy.

I agree with you. Having a copy of the 221(g) will tell us everything. I never heard it called a COM but either a CENMAR OR CEMAR.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I agree with you. Having a copy of the 221(g) will tell us everything. I never heard it called a COM but either a CENMAR OR CEMAR.

PSA calls it COM, I heard them use that when I was there getting copies of ours, I'm sure I grinned when I heard him.    It does make sense Certificate Of Marriage.  

dot com .... :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Hank_ said:

This is a new issue from the embassy, not sure if it is now policy, as the embassy checklist only states they want to a copy of the divorce decree, or if there is a new, overly zealous CO that is over-thinking things.   

The recognition of divorce is only necessary IF marrying in the Philippines, to marry anywhere else on the planet only the divorce decree would be needed.

I wish there was a way of addressing this with the embassy because no where in the embassy checklist does it list this "new requirement".

Very frustrating to say the least

Thank you @Greenbaum@Hank_

It is very frustrating indeed. I hope someone on VJ who’s had similar situation would share their journey for the K1 Fiance visa process. I’m now awaiting for my case# from NVC so I can book my medical& interview. 

The USEM MNL checklist looks the same, it says Foreign Divorce Decree is fine. With that in mind Decree and COM(Advisory on Marriage) should satisfy the CO. I dnt see the point having it Recognized and COM Annotated if the intention is to marry in the US not in the Philippines.

i hope @Mkyl012104 would tell us if that CO asked for an annotated COM during her interview or she was simply asked to bring a COM as she hasn’t brought one upon interview. I’m a bit confused. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

A CENOMAR is what we refer here as Certificate of No Marriage. A CEMAR is Certificate of Marriage (COM) similar to Advisory of Marriage Form No.5 which states all marriages a Filipino citizen had in the past or any existing marriage.

Edited by Heart<3

8 minutes ago, Heart<3 said:

A CENOMAR is what we refer here as Certificate of No Marriage. A CEMAR is Certificate of Marriage (COM) similar to Advisory of Marriage Form No.5 which states all marriages a Filipino citizen had in the past or any existing marriage.

Thanks for the education. I have been around these parts for a long time and I knew the meaning of most of the abbreviations but never heard COM. But thanks for chiming in and setting me straight.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Thanks for the education. I have been around these parts for a long time and I knew the meaning of most of the abbreviations but never heard COM. But thanks for chiming in and setting me straight.

Apologies for butting in. I know u have been on here a long time and truly am grateful for all ur input in helping people like myself as we go through this process. 

I am confused w/ the COM CEMAR thing myself until I had to get these certificates😅. Would be nice to share for others to know esp the Phil filers.

Edited by Heart<3

4 minutes ago, Heart<3 said:

Apologies for butting in. I know u have been on here a long time and truly am grateful for all ur input in helping people like myself as we go through this process. 

I am confused w/ the COM CEMAR thing myself until I had to get these certificates. Would be nice to share for others to know esp the Phil filers.

No need to apologize. I had a private conversation with @Hank_ he agreed that COM is switched at times with CENOMAR. Most of us know it as a CENOMAR not COM. When she used that terminology it through me off. If you go to PSA and ask for a COM, you just might see a deer in your headlights. Anyways, thanks. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

No need to apologize. I had a private conversation with @Hank_ he agreed that COM is switched at times with CENOMAR. Most of us know it as a CENOMAR not COM. When she used that terminology it through me off. If you go to PSA and ask for a COM, you just might see a deer in your headlights. Anyways, thanks. 

Thank u. It sounds a bit funny though the COM thing. I hope she will come on here and share her interview experience to enlighten me about this COM thing. 

My case is still on going, finally done w/ the court hearing. But I haven’t had the Judge’s decision yet. Worse comes to worse I’m bringing just the COM (not annotated) during the interview. 😞

Timeline
On 1/28/2020 at 8:07 AM, Mkyl012104 said:

the process of getting an annotated certificate of no marriage is to Submited the required documents such us finality, certificate and certified documents... to PSA manila.

my concern is... is it possible for me to bring all required documents in PSA manila to speed up the annotation of my marrige certificte.. than mailing if from my local civil registry.

thank u

@Mkyl012104 did the CO asked for Cert of Marriage or they want it to be annotated? The PSA do not annotate a marriage by simply bringing a Foreign Divorce Decree to their MNL office. The PSA would want finality and order from the Phil Judge which would mean u will have to file for a Recognition of Foreign Divorce to ur Regional Trial Court first through a lawyer,  spend a fortune and wait a long time before u can have that COM annotated 😞

Edited by Heart<3

Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

COM = CEMAR   (not CENOMAR)

COM (used by PSA) & CEMAR (used by us here on VJ)  is the Advisory of Marriage form 5.

You ask for a COM at PSA they will know exactly what you are asking for, no deer in the headlights .... 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

COM = CEMAR   (not CENOMAR)

COM (used by PSA) & CEMAR (used by us here on VJ)  is the Advisory of Marriage form 5.

You ask for a COM at PSA they will know exactly what you are asking for, no deer in the headlights .... 

This is why I stay out of the Phil thread. So much has changed. I need to rely on you Hank for the expertise you have.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.