Andiep

Can't provide first chat proof to embassy

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

What if we couldn't provide the embassy with proof of our first chats cause of lost data? 

We used applications that deleted chats after a day or so, and if asked for it we couldn't provide it.

Do you think not being able to give them those chats get us denied? 

You don't need to prove a first chat.  It is not on the USCIS requirements.   Focus on what they asked.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Andiep said:

Hello,

What if we couldn't provide the embassy with proof of our first chats cause of lost data? 

We used applications that deleted chats after a day or so, and if asked for it we couldn't provide it.

Do you think not being able to give them those chats get us denied? 

You should be fine with most recent months or weeks chats 

That's what we used and we had no issues 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

You don't need to prove a first chat.  It is not on the USCIS requirements.   Focus on what they asked.

OP said Embassy not USCIS.  OP is also going through Casablanca so chat history has some level of importance 

20 minutes ago, brown007 said:

Casablanca is quite different than Kyiv 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

All you can do is provide what you do have. Were you asked to provide your initial chat conversations at the interview? That is rather common at the Casablanca consulate. I would provide them with what you have, and maybe include a note explaining why you don't have initial conversations. No one can say whether you will be approved or not after providing the additional documentation, but all you can do is try. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
1 hour ago, brown007 said:

i really hope so. i tried to retrieve them conversations but they are no longer exist. 

51 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

All you can do is provide what you do have. Were you asked to provide your initial chat conversations at the interview? That is rather common at the Casablanca consulate. I would provide them with what you have, and maybe include a note explaining why you don't have initial conversations. No one can say whether you will be approved or not after providing the additional documentation, but all you can do is try. 

Thank you, i will have to explain it i suppose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your timeline shows that the initial K-1 interview was 1/21, with a second interview scheduled for 2/4, and they asked for additional proof of the relationship, such as chat logs, or any other evidence you can take to the second interview that shows your relationship is bona fide.  This is not the norm for most locations, but it is very common for Casablanca.  Dig deeper and take whatever you can.  Maybe you have emails or phone call logs, or other things like your Facebook relationship record.  I remember doing this and I found an app that was able to pull old chat records from my phone when I thought they were lost.  Take all the documents that you can put together to the second interview and hope for the best!

Timeline
8 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Thank you, that is great advice.

They haven't requested it...yet. im just thinking ahead. During the interview the CO was very adamant about the application in which we met.. and we have a feeling she might want to see conversations from it.

Anyway, we might have to explain that we no longer have access to that and we never planned on keeping a log.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jennifer0220 said:

If this is a typical request, I will have the same problem.  Accidentally deleted our Facebook messages when Facebook updated messenger and you could delete an entire conversation with someone by swiping.  His Facebook was hacked and he lost all of his messages later.  I did find a photo he sent to me with the date stamped on it from the day he sent it.  I wonder if something like that would work.

Who knows from their first conversation that they will end up wanting to marry someone, bring them to the United States, and keep all of their messages?  I would have never thought to myself, "I should keep all of these messages to prove our relationship one day".

Haha! I agree...I never thought that conversation would go anywhere since we are SO far away.. but here we are. :D

I hope you don't have trouble with that. Its hard to believe those reviews saying they only asked 3 questions and said they were approved...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Del A. said:

Hi there, I know my embassy wasn't Casablanca but the Philippine Embassy also places some level of importance on chat transcripts. So maybe I can help.

I had the same issue as you. My husband and I started talking on a mobile application that we had both uninstalled before we even got to know about the K1 process. What I did for evidence was:
1) Take a screenshot of the app information on Google Play Store (I'm using an Android phone)
2) Include a short description of the application (how it works, etc.) and the time period when we used it
3) Explain that we decided to uninstall the app and our reasons for doing so (we switched to LINE and Messenger)
4) Include all other screenshots of our chats from the earliest point we could gather (One screenshot per the 15th of every month to show continuity)

It worked. 👍

Im glad! if they do ask for that I will do something similar. we have SO SO many screen shots of our conversations on messanger but not the first few days we talked on the app.

Timeline
5 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Your timeline shows that the initial K-1 interview was 1/21, with a second interview scheduled for 2/4, and they asked for additional proof of the relationship, such as chat logs, or any other evidence you can take to the second interview that shows your relationship is bona fide.  This is not the norm for most locations, but it is very common for Casablanca.  Dig deeper and take whatever you can.  Maybe you have emails or phone call logs, or other things like your Facebook relationship record.  I remember doing this and I found an app that was able to pull old chat records from my phone when I thought they were lost.  Take all the documents that you can put together to the second interview and hope for the best!

We don't have a second interview scheduled. they just said they would call us in "2 weeks".

We did have all that proof from when we petitioned, until 3 days before the interview. pages for every month of every year and many pictures of us together, with family and video chat pics. He gave them to the CO during the interview so hopefully we don't have to provide anything else but his passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco is doing this ploy now

they asked one member for chats from 2012 and another VJ member to come up with meeting (chat messages ) from 2013

i suspect it is they want proof the relationship(s) are as long term as stated in applications 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, Zaraliaya said:

Unless they actually asked for it, I wouldn't worry about it. I personally did not provide any chat logs.

I think North Africa and Middle Eastern countries come un more scrutiny then someone from Canada.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.  Hijack posts removed.~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.