busycharlie

August 3rd interview but a slight problem

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have any suggestions or actually know what we should do if that wonderful Japanese Certificate doesn't arrive in time? :crying:

I told MJ to bring her receipt for her request of the certificate.

1. Go through with interview and see what that say.
  2. Ask to be re-scheduled but then we still wouldn't know when it will arrive.
  3. Option 3, I have no idea.
  4. How long is the medical good for? 30 days I think? Her date for this is July 27th but I told her she needs to reschedule as I have seen that suggested many times on this site to have that done about 3 weeks before the interview date.

Thanks for the help!!! :help:

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Does anyone have any suggestions or actually know what we should do if that wonderful Japanese Certificate doesn't arrive in time? :crying:

4. How long is the medical good for? 30 days I think? Her date for this is July 27th but I told her she needs to reschedule as I have seen that suggested many times on this site to have that done about 3 weeks before the interview date.

Charlie

I have exactly the same appointment with your fiancee. Goodluck to us!

As for your question, I have a friend who went through this. She didn't ask for a re-scheduling, she was approved during the interview but she wasn't given a visa until after the Dutch Police Certificate arrives. So I think MJ should just go for her interview date, then wait what the CO would advise her to do, most likely they will put your case into AR until the police certificate arrives which was what happened to my friend. I hope that helps!!

K-1 Fiancee Visa

1-26-2007 - I-129F package sent to TSC

1-29-2007 -- I-129F received and signed for at 5:24 AM

2-05-2007 -- NOA1 issued

5-01-2007 -- Touched!

5-03-2007 -- NOA2!!!

5-04-2007 -- Touched!

5-16-2007 -- NVC received our case

6-25-2007 -- Packet 4 delivered by DHL!

7-16-2007 -- Early medical

7-27-2007 -- Medical

8-03-2007 -- Interview - APPROVED!

8-09-2007 -- Visa was delivered today!

9-12-2007 -- Flight to the U.S. [POE - Chicago]

10-18-2007 - U.S. Church Wedding in Ozark, Arkansas!

AOS

12-06-2007 - I-485 Notice of action

1-04-2008 -- Case was transferred to California

1-18-2008 -- Biometrics

1-28-2008 -- EAD received

5-15-2008 -- Touched (ordered card production and notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident)

We can never say how our relationship would go and how long we'd stay together ... all i know is that even if we're miles apart, you're the sweetest piece of puzzle completing my heart.

Charlie

As for your question, I have a friend who went through this. She didn't ask for a re-scheduling, she was approved during the interview but she wasn't given a visa until after the Dutch Police Certificate arrives. So I think MJ should just go for her interview date, then wait what the CO would advise her to do, most likely they will put your case into AR until the police certificate arrives which was what happened to my friend. I hope that helps!!

I seconded... It will take another 2-3 months to have a new appointment if you will reschedule it. Let your fiancee attend the interview. btw, option 1 sounds good to me if she will bring the receipt for her request... :thumbs:

Good luck!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Charlie

I seconded... It will take another 2-3 months to have a new appointment if you will reschedule it. Let your fiancee attend the interview. btw, option 1 sounds good to me if she will bring the receipt for her request... :thumbs:

Good luck!

Mae

Thanks Mae, that is pretty much decided to not change the interview date.

Take Care,

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.