biggiehuggie

DS160 Question (City where passport was issued)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am helping out my sister in filling out the DS160 and I am stuck in this question. In my passport, no city was indicated as place of issuance. Instead, it indicates the issuing authority (DFA NCR NORTHEAST). So in this question as to which city the passport was issued from, what should I write? 

image.png.f6f47adf0da0c488df555ab1a98d7b15.png

image.png

Edited by biggiehuggie
K1 VISA

11/08/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

11/09/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per FedEx

11/10/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice

11/17/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

11/21/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....received email post decision activity

xx/xx/xx....NVC Received I-129F

xx/xx/xx....Case Number Received

xx/xx/xx....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready

xx/xx/xx....Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand =)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, biggiehuggie said:

I am helping out my sister in filling out the DS160 and I am stuck in this question. In my passport, no city was indicated as place of issuance. Instead, it indicates the issuing authority (DFA NCR NORTHEAST). So in this question as to which city the passport was issued from, what should I write? 

image.png

The passport has the issuing location on the ID page.  NCR is National Capital Region 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

The passport has the issuing location on the ID page.  NCR is National Capital Region 

Hi! Thank you for your reply. In the passport page, it only shows the issuing authority. Please see screenshot below. There is no city indicated. Although the passport application was done at Alimall Cubao, Quezon City. Should I put Quezon City although it is not written in the passport page or should I put DFA NCR NORTHEAST?

image.png.11e0213d475b12991df9482a31ec099b.png

K1 VISA

11/08/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

11/09/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per FedEx

11/10/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice

11/17/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

11/21/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....received email post decision activity

xx/xx/xx....NVC Received I-129F

xx/xx/xx....Case Number Received

xx/xx/xx....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready

xx/xx/xx....Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand =)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, biggiehuggie said:

image.png

1 hour ago, biggiehuggie said:

image.png

NCR is Manila .

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Mine was issued in San Fernando, Pampanga. I put San Fernando as the city, even though the city wasn't specified on the passport, and Pampanga as the province (if I remember correctly, you have to provide the province if it's indicated on your passport, so I did.). I never had problems 

• 4 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, assenavvv said:

Hi i would like to ask what did you input on that section? my passport issuing location also says “DFA North” 

DFA NCR North?  Or just DFA North?

DFA NCR North (Robinsons Novaliches)

Quirino Highway, Novaliches, Novaliches, Quezon City, 1118 Metro Manila

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.