YESWECANDOIT

I-751 All filers CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER only

281 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Filed February 28 2019. Fingerprints sometime in April of 2019. Last update was that fingerprints were applied to case on May 4 2019. Got the “new card being produced” yesterday, September 28 2019 after exactly 19 months! (California Service Center).

We had been waiting to file citizenship so as not to delay the card so will try to do so ASAP before the fee increase. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello, 

California Office September 2019 Filer here. Below is my timeline:

• 09/27/19 -- I-751 window opened
  • 09/30/19 -- Filed I-751 via USPS
  • 10/07/19 -- Check Cashed, Text Notice, received I797 Physical NOA (WAC Case Number)
  • 06/14/20 -- Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
  • 06/17/20 -- I797-C Physical NOA 
  • 09/27/20 -- N-400 window opened
  • 09/28/20 -- Filed for N-400 (3-year rule) online via https://my.uscis.gov/
  • 09/28/20 -- Electronic Receipt Notice (IOE Case Number)
  • 10/01/20 -- Case Transfer to & Received at my Local Office

So yes, this morning I woke up to an email from no-reply@uscis.dhs.gov with an update stating that:

"Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction"

On October 01, 2020, your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC2090002XXX, was transferred to another USCIS office.

That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

If you do not receive your notice by October 31, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

and then another email saying:

"Case Was Received At My Local Office"

On October 01, 2020, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC2090002XXX, at your local office.

If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

QUESTION:

1. What do I make of this? Bad sign? Good sign?

2. Anyone on the same boat? What should I expect? 

3. Is this normal?

4. What should I prepare / do now?

5. I'm in Los Angeles, so I imagine now the Downtown Los Angeles office is the one overseeing my case, correct? 

Please advise, anything would be great!!! Thank you! 

As always, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Good luck to all!

Best, 

J/G

19 minutes ago, J/G said:

Hello, 

• 10/07/19 -- Check Cashed, Text Notice, received I797 Physical NOA (WAC Case Number)

So yes, this morning I woke up to an email from no-reply@uscis.dhs.gov with an update stating that:

On October 01, 2020, your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC2090002XXX, was transferred to another USCIS office.

That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

If you do not receive your notice by October 31, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

On October 01, 2020, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC2090002XXX, at your local office.

QUESTION:

3. Is this normal?

5. I'm in Los Angeles, so I imagine now the Downtown Los Angeles office is the one overseeing my case, correct? 

Best, 

J/G

It's normal since you filed N-400. Now you'll likely have a combined interview. You might have gotten approved without an interview if you hadn't filed for naturalization. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, J/G said:

Hello, 

QUESTION:

3. Is this normal?

Best, 

J/G

It's normal, when you have a pending i-751 and then file the N-400 they like to combine the two. This means you're most likely in for a very long wait as your i-751 is now "on hold" until you can get an interview for your N-400, as we all know the Los Angeles field offices are very slow. Had you not filed the N-400 your i-751 would eventually have been approved without an interview if you sent enough evidence. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
23 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

It's normal since you filed N-400. Now you'll likely have a combined interview. You might have gotten approved without an interview if you hadn't filed for naturalization. 

21 hours ago, Scandi said:

It's normal, when you have a pending i-751 and then file the N-400 they like to combine the two. This means you're most likely in for a very long wait as your i-751 is now "on hold" until you can get an interview for your N-400, as we all know the Los Angeles field offices are very slow. Had you not filed the N-400 your i-751 would eventually have been approved without an interview if you sent enough evidence. 

Thank you both! "Yikes!" on the potential long wait time but it's not like I haven't been waiting a long time. So bring it on! 

Also, this morning at 4:30am I received an email saying that my I751 (WAC) is being transferred to another 'other' office. Well.. yeah.. 🥱

And then at 5:00am I received another email saying that my I751 is currently undergoing an "Initial Review" see below: 

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On October 2, 2020, we transferred your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number WAC2090002XXX to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by November 1, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

So I assume this is a good sign, yes? 

Here's to hoping!

J/G

Timeline
On 10/2/2020 at 9:18 AM, Orangesapples said:

On 10/2/2020 at 10:23 AM, Scandi said:

Hello, 

Just received my NOA today (01/8/2020) regarding the transference of my I-175 (WAC Case No.). The letter explained that they completed the preliminary review of my case and it was transferred to the National Benefits Center in Missouri as a part of standard processing. 

This NOA letter dated 10/01/2020 (exactly 1 year from my I-751 date of receipt date, 10/01/2019) does not have any further instruction. It simply stated that the National Benefit Center office will notify me in writing when they make any decision or need more information from me. 

I'll take that this is a good sign??  

I hope everyone is well, safe, and healthy. 

My best, 

J/G

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

I just got an email update today:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: WAC2xxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

We mailed your document for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt NumberWAC2xxxxxxxxx. If you do not receive your document by November 13, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

And when I log in the USCIS website, I see this:

179780521_ScreenShot2020-10-14at5_37_42PM.thumb.png.211f628094b15a22a2cb054f741501c2.png

1446332160_ScreenShot2020-10-14at5_40_11PM.thumb.png.186fe365189ab8d6bc5405839f1b2f40.png

Just wondering if anyone has got similar updates and what it means?  A REF or a green card? And what does "Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity" means?

Thank you!

The last updated on our case is still "On September 27, 2019, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC209xxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

Anyone else still have no updates beyond this?

15 minutes ago, Outofbrain said:

Damn

I have the same message, but I applied 2 months after you

When did you apply? And you are also WAC?

36 minutes ago, Outofbrain said:

Yes, also WAC, and we applied in the beginning of 2020, January 10th

I haven’t received the letter yet and I’ve tried to call USCIS waiting for a trie 2 officer to call back and tell me what the letter is. 

13 hours ago, bestofluck said:

I haven’t received the letter yet and I’ve tried to call USCIS waiting for a trie 2 officer to call back and tell me what the letter is. 

You haven't received an extension letter at all?

We did, and that's about it, no fingerprints were taken

Keep us updated please, we'll give them a call as well

Edited by Outofbrain

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.