Tim and Bethanie

Oregon plant raided

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
So...I'm supposed to feel sorry for these companies because Americans won't tolerate that level of exploitation? Eh...no. :blink: The way illegals are treated basically amounts to neo-industrial feudalism and this is what happens when you put the interests of business above all else. We have the current crop of ReTHUGlicans to thank for that.

May I point out that the '86 amnesty was a Kennedy bill as well as the current amnesty bill? May I also point out that the dems are the ones that don't want to secure the border? I would say its more of a dem thing to welcome the cheap labor and not the reps.

Gary, don't feed the troll ;)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I'm supposed to feel sorry for these companies because Americans won't tolerate that level of exploitation? Eh...no. :blink: The way illegals are treated basically amounts to neo-industrial feudalism and this is what happens when you put the interests of business above all else. We have the current crop of ReTHUGlicans to thank for that.

May I point out that the '86 amnesty was a Kennedy bill as well as the current amnesty bill? May I also point out that the dems are the ones that don't want to secure the border? I would say its more of a dem thing to welcome the cheap labor and not the reps.

The Republicans were in charge from 1994 to 2006, when illegal immigration exploded in the United States. Bush has been in office since early 2001. There is NO excuse for the current state of affairs.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

The way illegals are treated basically amounts to neo-industrial feudalism and this is what happens when you put the interests of business above all else. We have the current crop of ReTHUGlicans to thank for that.

From which party are the majority of members who want to grant amnesty again??

The Republicans were in charge from 1994 to 2006, when illegal immigration exploded in the United States. Bush has been in office since early 2001. There is NO excuse for the current state of affairs.

Who controls the house and senate??

Edited by Infidel

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

From the official platform of the Democratic party, 2004 (http://www.democrats.org/pdfs/2004platform.pdf):

Undocumented immigrants within our borders who clear a background check, work hard and pay taxes should have a path to earn full participation in America.

From DNC Chairman, Howard Dean - June 11 2007 (http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/06/dean_on_immigra_1.php):

The American people have made it clear they want a comprehensive immigration reform bill that will ... bring the 12 million people working and contributing to our society and economy out of the shadows.

If this is all the Republicans fault, why are the Democrats enabling it?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

actually.. not.. from the examples in NC... when Smithfields had the ICE raid, and after that the 300-400 other employees quit cuz they were skeered.. wages didn't increase, USC's got paid the same.. also.. no, I'm not trying to be an 'enabler'.. but ask any RH person from those big plants, and they don't want Americans.. why, those jobs (meat, fruit, processing etc), are hard, and since the illegals don't have a lot of options, they stay.. Americans have a very high rate of rotation in those plants, thats why they even had to use re-hiring policies (rehire after 1 year, rehire after 90 days), cuz people work for 2 weeks, then quit, go somewhere else, and try to go back.. theres 50 new people every week, 30 leave, 20 stay.. so the training costs increase a lot... don't believe me, call Smithfields packin, Mountaire farms or Prestage farms from NC...

so.. it's not that easy..

Thank you! All these businesses need to do is to treat people like people and they won't have the turnover issue they are having. Nani worked in one such place for one shift (co-incidentally, that was the place that never bothered to ask for her EAD or anything which should have been a big ole' red flag right there) and she's got some horror stories to tell about how supervisors there yelled at the almost entirely hispanic workforce. I remember she was quite upset about what she saw there and I told her that she won't go back there for a minute. She didn't need to as she started a different job at Dell a few days later. There, she worked very hard too and came home tired from many of her 10+ hour shifts but she felt that her supervisors respected the staff and appreciated the hard day's work everyone put in. That was pretty much all the difference, how people were treated (and the job at Dell paid a little better) and spoken to at work.

I ain't feeling sorry for these companies that get raided. Serves them right. They should jail those HR folks you refer to, Pedroh, and the managers too. This ain't Manchester, this is the US in the 21st century. Time that everyone becomes aware of that.

The American people have made it clear they want a comprehensive immigration reform bill that will ... bring the 12 million people working and contributing to our society and economy out of the shadows.

If this is all the Republicans fault, why are the Democrats enabling it?

I wonder which 'American' people they are talking about..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Currently, the Democrats. Between 1994 and 2006, mainly Republicans. There was a brief period when the Senate reverted to the Democrats but that did not last very long. The Republicans have been in charge of both the legislative and executive branches for most of the length of the ramp-up in the number of illegals, and they clearly did not do anything about it. I blame them. They were in charge. They didn't try to fix the problem. End of.

Currently, the Democrats. Between 1994 and 2006, mainly Republicans. There was a brief period when the Senate reverted to the Democrats but that did not last very long. The Republicans have been in charge of both the legislative and executive branches for most of the length of the ramp-up in the number of illegals, and they clearly did not do anything about it. I blame them. They were in charge. They didn't try to fix the problem. End of.

Yeah, in '86 the dems were in charge and we got amnesty 1. They get it back and the first thing they do is try amnesty 2. The reps didn't fix it when they were there but the dems throw gas on the fire when they get power. Look forward to more of this if the dems hold the house and we get a dem president.

Yeah, in '86 the dems were in charge and we got amnesty 1. They get it back and the first thing they do is try amnesty 2. The reps didn't fix it when they were there but the dems throw gas on the fire when they get power. Look forward to more of this if the dems hold the house and we get a dem president.

That, I am really worried about. :unsure:

Yeah....is that the same amnesty bill that was signed by Ronnie the Ray Gun in 1986? Gee, wasn't he a REPUBLICAN?

I think we can safely agree that this is not much of partisan matter although the stiffest resistance against amnesty usually comes from Republican Representatives in the House. I'd say the closer we get to November 08, the fewer Representatives will be willing to place their seat on the supposed broad support from the American people on granting amnesty to illegals. They're pushing this so much now because they know it doesn't have a chance next year. At least not in the House. :no:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
actually.. not.. from the examples in NC... when Smithfields had the ICE raid, and after that the 300-400 other employees quit cuz they were skeered.. wages didn't increase, USC's got paid the same.. also.. no, I'm not trying to be an 'enabler'.. but ask any RH person from those big plants, and they don't want Americans.. why, those jobs (meat, fruit, processing etc), are hard, and since the illegals don't have a lot of options, they stay.. Americans have a very high rate of rotation in those plants, thats why they even had to use re-hiring policies (rehire after 1 year, rehire after 90 days), cuz people work for 2 weeks, then quit, go somewhere else, and try to go back.. theres 50 new people every week, 30 leave, 20 stay.. so the training costs increase a lot... don't believe me, call Smithfields packin, Mountaire farms or Prestage farms from NC...

so.. it's not that easy..

Thank you! All these businesses need to do is to treat people like people and they won't have the turnover issue they are having. Nani worked in one such place for one shift (co-incidentally, that was the place that never bothered to ask for her EAD or anything which should have been a big ole' red flag right there) and she's got some horror stories to tell about how supervisors there yelled at the almost entirely hispanic workforce. I remember she was quite upset about what she saw there and I told her that she won't go back there for a minute. She didn't need to as she started a different job at Dell a few days later. There, she worked very hard too and came home tired from many of her 10+ hour shifts but she felt that her supervisors respected the staff and appreciated the hard day's work everyone put in. That was pretty much all the difference, how people were treated (and the job at Dell paid a little better) and spoken to at work.

I ain't feeling sorry for these companies that get raided. Serves them right. They should jail those HR folks you refer to, Pedroh, and the managers too. This ain't Manchester, this is the US in the 21st century. Time that everyone becomes aware of that.

well, I ain't justifying noone.. but, yeah, you're right. they need to treat people like people

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

This is being debated now. Could of should of would of is in the past.. I am disappointed in any politician who supports amnesty while not proposing anything to secure the borders or punish anyone who employs illegal immigrants, irrespective of the stupid symbol next to their name.. Illegal immigrations and anyone else for that matter endorsing amnesty is a slap in the face for your middle and lower class Americans as well as everyone else who entered the country legally.

I also see another issue from amnesty. One which will affect most in this forum as well as others in the future. It does not take a psychic to realize that if amnesty is granted everyone in this forum who currently has a pending Visa will have their application delayed while USCIS tries to process the 12 million+ illegals paperwork, or lack of..