noypi321

Can you do SLEC on Thu & Fri or it has to be Wed to Fri?

22 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, jm302music said:

Hi, Noypi321!  On our first attempt at the medical, my fiancee went in on a Thursday with her little boy and they got the "basic" process done in one day.  All good.

But they told her she needed to do the sputum test and would need to come back for two more days.  Unfortunately, for the third day, which would have been the next Monday, they said they didn't have any "appointments" available!  That meant she had to not only make a whole second trip from Dipolog just for the third day of the medical, but also then a third trip eight weeks after that just to get the results of the sputum test!  Unfortunately, I had budget money for only one medical trip from Dipolog, not three!

So, all that long story is to say that I'd recommend trying for earlier in the week, if possible, unless the two of you have flexibility for the process to last into the next week. 

All the best to you in your journey!

Joel

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear that you're journey has been a long one.

If you don't mind me asking, for the sputum test on the third day is there a specific time that you have to come in? Or is it anytime within the day? Thanks again 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 12:50 AM, noypi321 said:

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear that you're journey has been a long one.

If you don't mind me asking, for the sputum test on the third day is there a specific time that you have to come in? Or is it anytime within the day? Thanks again 

Hi, Noypi!

They told my fiancee that she had to come in between 6 AM and 8 AM on that third day.  So, there wasn't a specific appointment time, but there was a specific range of hours in which she was required to come in.

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Timeline
On 1/15/2020 at 2:00 PM, Hank_ said:

You're trying to complete with John  & Rose doing it twice.  :lol:  

The X-ray is what determines if SPUTUM is required or not, they looking for any sign of scarring  (always erroring to the side of caution) .  

Here is hoping the rest of the process goes like silk.

Thanks, Hank!  Your help, both here and on your website, has certainly helped us cut through the fog in this process.  Thank you for all you do for this community!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Joel

29 minutes ago, jm302music said:

Hi, Noypi!

They told my fiancee that she had to come in between 6 AM and 8 AM on that third day.  So, there wasn't a specific appointment time, but there was a specific range of hours in which she was required to come in.

Joel

I just think it is funny that people line up at all hours of the morning just to do the SLEC. Someone had a question on a FB group asking what time would be a good time to get to SLEC for medical and the answers were mind boggling. Some people were saying that you had to line up at 2 or 3am that morning in order to "get a good spot in line" like that is going to change something.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I just think it is funny that people line up at all hours of the morning just to do the SLEC. Someone had a question on a FB group asking what time would be a good time to get to SLEC for medical and the answers were mind boggling. Some people were saying that you had to line up at 2 or 3am that morning in order to "get a good spot in line" like that is going to change something.  

Yeah, in fact, our experience has been quite the opposite (now that we've had LOTS of experience with this!  😆 ).  Jenny has found that by going in in late morning, she can miss the "rush hour" in early morning and breeze right through the process.  The only exception was that sputum test where they said she had to be there early.

Joel

Joel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.