noypi321

Can you do SLEC on Thu & Fri or it has to be Wed to Fri?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The medical at SLEC is a two day process, choose the two days that fit your schedule.      You will know on the 2nd day as to whether you would get vaccinations or be scheduled for SPUTUM.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I read posts of 2 people who went on a Thursday and were asked to come back on Monday. They didn't tell them right away if they passed or under sputum. Anyway, one passed and the other didn't. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, chxakx said:

I read posts of 2 people who went on a Thursday and were asked to come back on Monday. They didn't tell them right away if they passed or under sputum. Anyway, one passed and the other didn't. 

How long ago were the posts and did they have children with them?      Children medicals were 3 days always, now it depends on time of the day when the IGRA test is done as to whether is 2 or 3 days.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

48 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

How long ago were the posts and did they have children with them?      Children medicals were 3 days always, now it depends on time of the day when the IGRA test is done as to whether is 2 or 3 days.

It was April and December of 2019, sir. One was K1, not sure about the other one. I’m not sure why they were told to come back on Monday. They weren’t told why, I assume, because they were wondering why they had to wait for days. One had UTI and they asked her to take antibiotics.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, chxakx said:

It was April and December of 2019, sir. One was K1, not sure about the other one. I’m not sure why they were told to come back on Monday. They weren’t told why, I assume, because they were wondering why they had to wait for days. One had UTI and they asked her to take antibiotics.

So no K-2 children.   The one appeared to have an infection issue, not normal process.   There are always exceptions.  But in general the medical is a 2 day process.   If there are children it can be 3 days .. IF.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

So no K-2 children.   The one appeared to have an infection issue, not normal process.   There are always exceptions.  But in general the medical is a 2 day process.   If there are children it can be 3 days .. IF.

My fiancee and child are doing their medical in 2 weeks. We should allow 3 full days?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

My fiancee and child are doing their medical in 2 weeks. We should allow 3 full days?

Might be a good idea to allow for 3 days, even if it doesn't happen.   As noted on the SLEC website it all depends on what time of day the blood collection is done for the child.

Please be informed of the schedule of IGRA Testing and release of IGRA result:

TIME OF BLOOD COLLECTION RELEASE OF IGRA RESULT
Before 12 P.M. 2 P.M. the next day
After 12 P.M. 2 P.M. (after two days)
  • Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) Test - Required for applicants 2-14 years of age
Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
17 hours ago, noypi321 said:

do you have to a lot 3 straight days in case of sputum test? Or Will they do the sputum Monday in case it's needed?

Hi, Noypi321!  On our first attempt at the medical, my fiancee went in on a Thursday with her little boy and they got the "basic" process done in one day.  All good.

But they told her she needed to do the sputum test and would need to come back for two more days.  Unfortunately, for the third day, which would have been the next Monday, they said they didn't have any "appointments" available!  That meant she had to not only make a whole second trip from Dipolog just for the third day of the medical, but also then a third trip eight weeks after that just to get the results of the sputum test!  Unfortunately, I had budget money for only one medical trip from Dipolog, not three!

So, all that long story is to say that I'd recommend trying for earlier in the week, if possible, unless the two of you have flexibility for the process to last into the next week. 

All the best to you in your journey!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Timeline
1 hour ago, Commish10 said:

Commish, we're now on our second three-day medical process, so I would HIGHLY recommend allowing three full days!  All the best to you both!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Joel

1 hour ago, jm302music said:

Commish, we're now on our second three-day medical process, so I would HIGHLY recommend allowing three full days!  All the best to you both!

Joel

My wife is from Salug and I have spent many days marching around Dipolog) Good Luck!

Finally done...

Timeline
2 hours ago, jm302music said:

Hi, Noypi321!  On our first attempt at the medical, my fiancee went in on a Thursday with her little boy and they got the "basic" process done in one day.  All good.

But they told her she needed to do the sputum test and would need to come back for two more days.  Unfortunately, for the third day, which would have been the next Monday, they said they didn't have any "appointments" available!  That meant she had to not only make a whole second trip from Dipolog just for the third day of the medical, but also then a third trip eight weeks after that just to get the results of the sputum test!  Unfortunately, I had budget money for only one medical trip from Dipolog, not three!

So, all that long story is to say that I'd recommend trying for earlier in the week, if possible, unless the two of you have flexibility for the process to last into the next week. 

All the best to you in your journey!

Joel

Ah your fiancee has to complete SPUTUM testing,  that will add 8 weeks to the wait.   :(  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Ah your fiancee has to complete SPUTUM testing,  that will add 8 weeks to the wait.   :(  

Hi, Hank!  Yes, that's right.  And this is our second time through that process.  The first time, in late 2018, I had only enough budget money to complete the visa process if every single step went perfectly. 

Well, of course, the nature of this process is that things rarely go perfectly! Unfortunately, my fiancee had a bit of a sinus cold when she went up for the medical in 2018, so that put her in the sputum test lane.  And the cost of those repeated trips back to Manila ended our attempt in 2018.  

Fast-forward to late last year (November) and I had enough money for us to try again.  My fiancee was in perfect health this time and had already passed the sputum test once, so I had hoped she wouldn't have to do it again.  Nope!  She had to do a second round of the sputum test.  So, in fact, she's back in Manila this week to get the result!  We're sending prayers, positive thoughts, fervent wishes, and everything else we can send to try to make it through this time!

Incidentally, when Jenny went back this past November for attempt #2, a nurse there said all applicants for the USA have to do the sputum test now.  Of course, the experience of others here has revealed that to be false information.

Joel

Joel

Timeline
1 hour ago, boris64 said:

My wife is from Salug and I have spent many days marching around Dipolog) Good Luck!

Hi, Boris!  That's really cool!  I'd love for Jenny (my fiancee) and your wife to connect by phone after Jenny and her son arrive here.  I'm sure Jenny would love to have someone from her home area to talk to here, even if just by phone.

Joel

Joel

Timeline
2 hours ago, jm302music said:

Hi, Hank!  Yes, that's right.  And this is our second time through that process.  The first time, in late 2018, I had only enough budget money to complete the visa process if every single step went perfectly. 

Well, of course, the nature of this process is that things rarely go perfectly! Unfortunately, my fiancee had a bit of a sinus cold when she went up for the medical in 2018, so that put her in the sputum test lane.  And the cost of those repeated trips back to Manila ended our attempt in 2018.  

Fast-forward to late last year (November) and I had enough money for us to try again.  My fiancee was in perfect health this time and had already passed the sputum test once, so I had hoped she wouldn't have to do it again.  Nope!  She had to do a second round of the sputum test.  So, in fact, she's back in Manila this week to get the result!  We're sending prayers, positive thoughts, fervent wishes, and everything else we can send to try to make it through this time!

Incidentally, when Jenny went back this past November for attempt #2, a nurse there said all applicants for the USA have to do the sputum test now.  Of course, the experience of others here has revealed that to be false information.

Joel

You're trying to complete with John  & Rose doing it twice.  :lol:  

The X-ray is what determines if SPUTUM is required or not, they looking for any sign of scarring  (always erroring to the side of caution) .  

Here is hoping the rest of the process goes like silk.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.