Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,786 posts in this topic

My timeline so far if anyone finds it useful. Applied at the USPS last Wednesday, 3rd February. My application showed up as received on the status checking website on the 9th February. I didn't pay for the expedited service, so it's showing 10-12 weeks for completion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, ORCoast said:

My timeline so far if anyone finds it useful. Applied at the USPS last Wednesday, 3rd February. My application showed up as received on the status checking website on the 9th February. I didn't pay for the expedited service, so it's showing 10-12 weeks for completion.

please let us know when you received your passport,NC .good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello, I'm going to fill out my passport application for the first time and I would like to know:

1- the certificate of naturalization can be used for both proof of US citizenship and proof of identity? Or should I use the driver's license for proof of identity? In that case my name is  different since I dropped my middle

name .  

2-place of birth for parents and spouse, should I write down the country or city and country?

3- travel plans? I want a expedite service but I don't have travel plans. 

Thanks for your help.  I thought it would be easier

Edited by Marimar04

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

It's been over 10 days since my passport application has been approved. I have received my passport and passport card over a week ago but to this day my NC has not arrived. I called the passport service today and they told me my NC had been mailed out on the day my passport was approved. I hope, like I said in the other post I started, it would eventually show up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, MrKo said:

It's been over 10 days since my passport application has been approved. I have received my passport and passport card over a week ago but to this day my NC has not arrived. I called the passport service today and they told me my NC had been mailed out on the day my passport was approved. I hope, like I said in the other post I started, it would eventually show up.

I am also waiting for my NC to arrive. My passport was approved on the 4th and in the mailbox on the 8th,  considering it was sent by priority mail. So for regular first class mail (NC) I would add 3-4 extra days. 

On 12/15/2020 at 3:29 PM, Thelord said:

My application was submitted Expedited on Nov 4

Received by the Agency on Nov 10

and it is still pending!

I called the passport agency and they just said it is pending. They said my application is in New Hampshire. I looked at the reviews online for this center and the reviews are horrible! I have an international trip next week but it is not considered a life and death emergency. So I reached out to the Senators of my State and sent them the Privacy Act form so they can follow up on my case given I have a trip soon.

Anyone else filed Expedited and has been waiting for that long here?

My passport application was processed in New Hampshire too, and I'm still waiting for my NC after being approved over 10 days ago. I know it took 1 month for you to receive your NC back from this passport center! May I ask did you check the envelope to see the stamp about when it was mailed / processed in USPS? In other words, did you find out whether the delay was caused by USPS or the passport center?

Timeline

Routine Service:
Applied (USPS): 12/28/2020

Received and Reviewing: 1/4/2021
Approved & Shipped: 2/4/2021

Passport Book Delivered:2/8/2021

Passport Card Delivered:2/8/2021

Naturalization Certificate Delivered: 2/11/2021 (mailed 2/8)

Note: naturalisation certificate was delivered in a brown envelope (first class mail) today. It was raining heavily outside earlier, the edge got little wet. Fortunately it wasn't too bad, I could use iron to dry it out. I thought they could have used a thicker or more protective envelope like the one for passport for sending NC. NC costs $500++, whereas a passport is $110. 

All passport, passport card and NC were sent from Houston. 

Edited by stats787

Husband’s passport arrived today. Didn’t track every step as closely as some others here but 

1/5 applied routine processing usps

approx 3 weeks later able to track on passport status website (it said received 1/15 but status did not show up till about a week after that)

2/8 notification of approval and mailing 

2/11 received (from a return address in NOLA?!)

still awaiting NC

Edited by SusieQQQ

12 hours ago, stats787 said:

Routine Service:
Applied (USPS): 12/28/2020

Received and Reviewing: 1/4/2021
Approved & Shipped: 2/4/2021

Passport Book Delivered:2/8/2021

Passport Card Delivered:2/8/2021

Naturalization Certificate Delivered: 2/11/2021 (mailed 2/8)

Note: naturalisation certificate was delivered in a brown envelope (first class mail) today. It was raining heavily outside earlier, the edge got little wet. Fortunately it wasn't too bad, I could use iron to dry it out. I thought they could have used a thicker or more protective envelope like the one for passport for sending NC. NC costs $500++, whereas a passport is $110. 

All passport, passport card and NC were sent from Houston. 

Congrats and lucky you that your passport was not processed in NH. Mine was processed in NH and there's still no sight of my NC. If you read Google reviews and others' stories here on this process center you'll understand what I mean.

10 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Husband’s passport arrived today. Didn’t track every step as closely as some others here but 

1/5 applied routine processing usps

approx 3 weeks later able to track on passport status website (it said received 1/15 but status did not show up till about a week after that)

2/8 notification of approval and mailing 

2/11 received (from a return address in NOLA?!)

still awaiting NC

I'm sure his NC will arrive pretty quickly. Most people on this forum seem to receive their NC back in 3-7 days.

Timeline
4 hours ago, MrKo said:

Congrats and lucky you that your passport was not processed in NH. Mine was processed in NH and there's still no sight of my NC. If you read Google reviews and others' stories here on this process center you'll understand what I mean.

Thanks. In my opinions, they should allow us to choose priority mail for NC too, it is very important document as most people take at least 10 years to get it. My NC nearly got all wet due to rain. Next I need to update SSA, now SSA offices are close. Wonder whether I need to wait till when they are open. 

I think my passport was processed and picked up from AZ. Not sure why the mailing address for passport card and passport printed on envelope says Houston, TX. Whereas for NC, it is US State Department Passport Houston Passport Agency, but the address is Sterling VA. 

It is very confusing to me. 

Edited by stats787

46 minutes ago, stats787 said:

Thanks. In my opinions, they should allow us to choose priority mail for NC too, it is very important document as most people take at least 10 years to get it. My NC nearly got all wet due to rain. Next I need to update SSA, now SSA offices are close. Wonder whether I need to wait till when they are open. 

I think my passport was processed and picked up from AZ. Not sure why the mailing address for passport card and passport printed on envelope says Houston, TX. Whereas for NC, it is US State Department Passport Houston Passport Agency, but the address is Sterling VA. 

It is very confusing to me. 

Are the SSA offices open in your area? If not, I would wait until they re-open, as others have said the impact for not updating SSN record isn't huge.

Today, the mail person just came but still no NC for me. I'm not worrying too much but I'm a little upset/angry about the fact that they treat our critical documents as if they're not important to us, by mailing it back with first class and without a way to track where it is.

In case it really gets lost in the end, I will NOT get a replacement. I'll probably start calling and writing to the DOS and my senator, I will also file a police report and then move on, but I won't spend another year dealing with the immigration office to just to get a replacement that I'll probably never use again. I want my original NC BACK, because it has a special place in my heart, like you said I spent years to get it. I don't need a replacement when I already have my passport and passport card.

Edited by MrKo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
15 minutes ago, MrKo said:

Are the SSA offices open in your area? If not, I would wait until they re-open, as others have said the impact for not updating SSN record isn't huge.

Today, the mail person just came but still no NC for me. I'm not worrying too much but I'm a little upset/angry about the fact that they treat our critical documents as if they're not important to us, by mailing it back with first class and without a way to track where it is.

In case it really gets lost in the end, I will NOT get a replacement. I'll probably start calling and writing to the DOS and my senator, I will also file a police report and then move on, but I won't spend another year dealing with the immigration office to just to get a replacement that I'll probably never use again. I want my original NC BACK, because it has a special place in my heart, like you said I spent years to get it. I don't need a replacement when I already have my passport and passport card.

100% agree. DOS/USPS would be responsible for that if you loses NC  Godforbid. They should be held accountable for their pathetic irresponsible job. Last month USPS lost my I751 GC and still they could not find it seriously and yet they have no courtesy to call me back with apology. USPS is run by joker and If it is upto me I would never apply for passport through USPS. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, MrKo said:

At first I wanted to update SSA, but I found out they are close until further notice. So I applied for passport instead. I also see some people mentioned sometimes SSA needs to see the original NC before they can update the record. 

Since USPS is an authorized facility for passport application, they should be able to validate the NC on the spot and make a copy. So that only the copy goes with the application. It is similar to driver license, they check our immigration records and issue the driver license. I also check there are other passport agencies in my area other than USPS, I think they have to send the documents via USPS too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.