Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,786 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I got that, as I do for all pieces larger than a certain envelope size. But mine came in manila envelope not Usps flat rate.

Is the passport issued date the same as the approval date (the date when you received the approval notification)?

2 hours ago, stats787 said:

Is the passport issued date the same as the approval date (the date when you received the approval notification)?

Sorry, couldn’t tell you for sure, I wasn’t checking the status daily so not sure of actual approval date.

5 hours ago, stats787 said:

Yes, it is the same as the approval notification email date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Finally done with Immigration process. Had my last interaction with USCIS yesterday for Oat ceremony and now I am official US citizen. Thank you all for helping me to get through this! Now that I am US citizen, my next plan is to apply for US passport. What documents need to be submitted, Original Naturalization certificate, 2 passport size picture, checking account fees of $110 along with DS-11 that's it? Can I pay through my checking account cheque book instead of paying through money order or bank draft of $110?

Did anyone recently applied for US passport in pandemic? How long would it take to get the passport and original Naturalization certificate back?

Timeline

I have one other did anyone apply for passport from one state and received it another state? I am in a process of relocating from NY and Texas in a month or so and I am applying for passport next week here in NY. What about Naturalization Certificate, I am assuming they will send it to where I want (Texas?) right?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

Finally done with Immigration process. Had my last interaction with USCIS yesterday for Oat ceremony and now I am official US citizen. Thank you all for helping me to get through this! Now that I am US citizen, my next plan is to apply for US passport. What documents need to be submitted, Original Naturalization certificate, 2 passport size picture, checking account fees of $110 along with DS-11 that's it? Can I pay through my checking account cheque book instead of paying through money order or bank draft of $110?

Did anyone recently applied for US passport in pandemic? How long would it take to get the passport and original Naturalization certificate back?

I submitted

1. Application form

2. 1 passport size photo

3. A check payable to US stat department (my personal check). 

US state department received my application for routine process on Jan 4th and approved on Feb 4. 

I think you will get a new passport via priority mail and NC through regular first class mail after approval. 

Since you are moving to TX, I think your mailing address should be in TX. 

2 hours ago, Charming12 said:

I have one other did anyone apply for passport from one state and received it another state? I am in a process of relocating from NY and Texas in a month or so and I am applying for passport next week here in NY. What about Naturalization Certificate, I am assuming they will send it to where I want (Texas?) right?

Passport applications all get sent to the central passport agency for processing. They will send it to whatever you list as your mailing address. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, stats787 said:

I submitted

1. Application form

2. 1 passport size photo

3. A check payable to US stat department (my personal check). 

US state department received my application for routine process on Jan 4th and approved on Feb 4. 

I think you will get a new passport via priority mail and NC through regular first class mail after approval. 

Since you are moving to TX, I think your mailing address should be in TX. 

Thank you for valuable info! so I shouldn`t have problem applying for passport while in a process to relocate to Texas right? Did they also send Original Naturalization Certificate to the address mentioned in the DS-11 form? I just want to make sure that they should not send it to NY since I will be gone by the time they process my passport application. USPS already lost my I751 greencard and they still couldn`t find it!

One other question, how do we get Case number for Passport application so one can keep track of the passport status? Sorry for asking you dumb question!

Edited by Charming12

Timeline
8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Passport applications all get sent to the central passport agency for processing. They will send it to whatever you list as your mailing address. 

Thank you for information. So they will also send original Naturalization certificate to the address mentioned in the DS-11 form? right?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Charming12 said:

Thank you for information. So they will also send original Naturalization certificate to the address mentioned in the DS-11 form? right?

Yes, they will send your passport to the address in DS-11 form. It is not like naturalization application where it is better not to move. 

Once you submit your application to the acceptance facility (USPS or others), it takes a week or so for your case to appear on US State department tracking site. I submitted on Dec 28, case appeared on Jan 4. You will be able to register your email, so you can get notifications when there is an update. 

I chose regular process instead of expedited process since I am not traveling in near future, and it takes 4 weeks to get approved. So It saves me $60. My passport will be coming from the AZ passport agency via USPS priority mail. 

2 hours ago, Charming12 said:

Yes. 

1 hour ago, stats787 said:

Once you submit your application to the acceptance facility (USPS or others), it takes a week or so for your case to appear on US State department tracking site. I submitted on Dec 28, case appeared on Jan 4. You will be able to register your email, so you can get notifications when there is an update. 

so times have slowed recently, my husband submitted application to Usps on 5 Jan and it took about 3 weeks for it to appear on the tracking site (even though it still says to allow 2 weeks).

Timeline
5 hours ago, stats787 said:

Yes, they will send your passport to the address in DS-11 form. It is not like naturalization application where it is better not to move. 

I chose regular process instead of expedited process since I am not traveling in near future, and it takes 4 weeks to get approved. So It saves me $60. My passport will be coming from the AZ passport agency via USPS priority mail. 

Understood! thanks so how we are gona get case Id/or receipt no to keep track of passport? Do State dept emailed us case Id or USPS will provide us upon submission of passport application?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

Understood! thanks so how we are gona get case Id/or receipt no to keep track of passport? Do State dept emailed us case Id or USPS will provide us upon submission of passport application?

The only receipt I got from USPS was the $35 passport fee. I think this serves as a proof that you applied via USPS. They don't provide any tracking number to you, I think they gather all the applications for the day and send them all together. I was told that my case would be in the US state department system after 7-14 days. 

After submission, you may go to the US State Department site to check the status and register your email to ensure that future notification will go to the email address provided in your DS-11. 

https://passportstatus.state.gov

Once approved, you will get a notification with USPS tracking number. I also applied for passport card, at first I thought it isn't useful as I can only use it to visit a handful of countries. But I think it is good to have since I can carry it with me (like green card), and use it as a proof of citizenship without the need of passport book or naturalization certificate.

By the way I did not apply for passport right away after naturalization as I wanted to try to update SSA first. Unfortunately SSA requires an original naturalization certificate by mail, so I opted for passport application instead. It is risky to send my only proof of citizenship to SSA before getting the passport. 

Edited by stats787

Timeline
4 hours ago, stats787 said:

The only receipt I got from USPS was the $35 passport fee. I think this serves as a proof that you applied via USPS. They don't provide any tracking number to you, I think they gather all the applications for the day and send them all together. I was told that my case would be in the US state department system after 7-14 days. 

After submission, you may go to the US State Department site to check the status and register your email to ensure that future notification will go to the email address provided in your DS-11. 

https://passportstatus.state.gov

Once approved, you will get a notification with USPS tracking number. I also applied for passport card, at first I thought it isn't useful as I can only use it to visit a handful of countries. But I think it is good to have since I can carry it with me (like green card), and use it as a proof of citizenship without the need of passport book or naturalization certificate.

By the way I did not apply for passport right away after naturalization as I wanted to try to update SSA first. Unfortunately SSA requires an original naturalization certificate by mail, so I opted for passport application instead. It is risky to send my only proof of citizenship to SSA before getting the passport. 

oky thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.