Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,786 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/21/2021 at 8:57 AM, JFH said:

Excellent! I'll be interested to know what condition your certificate of naturalization is in when it is returned to you. I have heard recently of people receiving them with staple holes, folds, damage, creases, etc in them. 

I got my naturalization certificate back and it was in good shape. i did not see any obvious damage or holes.

4 hours ago, Vasto_Lorde said:

I got my naturalization certificate back and it was in good shape. i did not see any obvious damage or holes.

Thank you for the update. It gives me confidence. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

hello, just wondering if you guys know about the expedite process, 

it said it will take 4-6 weeks for the process. it mean this process started from the day we sent the application at USPS, or it is started from the day Dept of State receive the application, 

i applied on 04/05 and dept of state just received the application 04/26. 

i'm thinking if the process it takes more than what it said i'll ask for refund :)

Spoiler

2009 = started to learn for DV visa

2010 = missed the chance, due to stay in the jungle,,seriously :cry:

2011 = missed the chance, due to work activity, too busy :crying:

2012 = started to learn again, and tried to apply DV visa, but finally not selected, and realize that i put with wrong background picture. failed to understand the requirement. :oops:

Spoiler

01/10/2013 = applied for DV visa, with fully sure that picture is exactly same what website asked.

01/05/2014 = website was down due to high traffic

03/05/2014 = check for DV winner, finally it shows congratulation, you have been selected for,,,,

26/07/2014 = submitted form DS 260.

15/08/2014 = got 2nd letter notification

27/09/2014 = medical check up done

15/10/2014 = got interview with US embassy, but case is pending

09/11/2014 = resubmit additional document

10/12/2014 = got email from US embassy to hand over all the passport

11/12/2014 = DV visa granted and printed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.............................

Spoiler

15/01/2015 = paid for immigration fee

16/03/2015 = landed safety in USA, POE = los angeles (LA)

31/03/2015=went back to home country

26/05/2015=come back to LA without plastic GC

28/05/2015=visited in person to SSA office, they claimed that SSN was sent already by immigration, SSA office made for replacement

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

09/07/2015= GC in hand for 10 years 

.................................................................................................................

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

02/07/2020= Got letter for Bio metric finger print 

02/20/2020= appointment for finger print (nice date)

01/14/2021= got notification for set up interview,,hiks hiks don't know when ?

02/24/2021 = interview date and pass 

02/24/2021 : checked my USCIS account and it said Oath ceremony notice was mailed to my address. 

03/26/2021 : the oath ceremony is done 😁😁 and got a certificate of us naturalization, 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, guys said:

hello, just wondering if you guys know about the expedite process, 

it said it will take 4-6 weeks for the process. it mean this process started from the day we sent the application at USPS, or it is started from the day Dept of State receive the application, 

i applied on 04/05 and dept of state just received the application 04/26. 

i'm thinking if the process it takes more than what it said i'll ask for refund :)

4-6 weeks from when they receive it. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Mine isn;t a new passport after naturalisation, so I am not adding it there, but :
- Adult renewal sent off from USPS office 3/25, accepted  4.14, still in process
- 2 kids new passports sent off from USPS office 3/25, accepted  4/7, just got the email saying they are on their way and tracking number.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Penguin_ie said:

Mine isn;t a new passport after naturalisation, so I am not adding it there, but :
- Adult renewal sent off from USPS office 3/25, accepted  4.14, still in process
- 2 kids new passports sent off from USPS office 3/25, accepted  4/7, just got the email saying they are on their way and tracking number.

Thank you for the update! Was is regular or expedited? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, aliare said:

Thank you for the update! Was is regular or expedited? 

Regular (we aren't flying till end of July, so I thought I could risk it).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Here is my passport timeline:

09-Apr  =  Received Naturalization Certificate, Oath Ceremony at Irving, TX

12-Apr  =  Applied for Passport & Card at USPS, Gainesville TX (no appointments available in DFW area)

14-Apr  =  "Application In Process" email from US Dept. of State

15-Apr  =  Check cashed

27-Apr  =  "Application Approved" email

28-Apr  =  Passport & Card shipped (from Little Rock, AR)

01-May =  Passport received

03-May =  Passport Card received

Happy with the turn-around times. The lady at USPS said expedited is 4-6 weeks, so 3 weeks is pretty good - actually it is exactly 2 weeks from "In Process" to "Shipped".

Yet to receive my Naturalization Certificate, it will probably arrive sometime this week. 

Edited by bzbee

Interview and oath ceremony: 3/22

Applied for passport at post office: 3/23

In progress: 4/06

Approved: 4/22

Shipped: 4/23

Passport received: 4/26 at 1.28 pm.

Still waiting for my NC to be returned.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
2 hours ago, annasunrise said:

I received my passport on April 13. I called the Passport Center to find out about the Certificate. They said they sent it on April 26 by REGULAR MAIL. Does anyone have an idea how long this REGULAR MAIL take? 

I got BC from my sons application 10 days after receiving the passport

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

Did anyone applied for passport in NY recently and probably are not in the google spreadsheet list we have here, how long did it take you? I'm waiting for my expedite and no changes since April 19th 'in process', so wondering how normal it is. (have travel plans asap)

On 5/5/2021 at 11:44 AM, annasunrise said:

I received my passport on April 13. I called the Passport Center to find out about the Certificate. They said they sent it on April 26 by REGULAR MAIL. Does anyone have an idea how long this REGULAR MAIL take? 

Took me and a few other people here over a month to receive it. Like others said, they mail it with large envelope, and after I received it I found out the shipping date on the envelope was indeed over a month ago, so the mailpiece did spend that many days on the road. It should eventually arrive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.