Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,786 posts in this topic

All, 

I am a new user to this forum. I didn't see any entries in the old tracker for 2021. So i have created a new Google spreadsheet based tracker here for us. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1itagrwXu39t_Gsvi3bXeobhEm74hg2ur1w2CfmD0bm0/edit?usp=sharing

Please go ahead and put your entries. It's your own tracker, so feel free to make any edits to format etc. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
  • Naturalization Oath Ceremony on : 02/26/21
  • Passport Application Submitted on: 03/09/21 (Regular processing) at Gainesville, VA USPS.
  • Already been 3 weeks and No Status update.
  • Called Several times and been on long hold times, however looks like they may have lost my application package. The NCIP Rep asked me to get USPS tracking number from USPS.  Per the USPS Rep who gave me print out of tracking - the package was delivered on 03/12/21.
  • Upon providing the tracking# to the NCIP rep which shows delivered , the rep said he will contact the facility and provide my details so they can find and enter my application details in their system.
  • The NPIC rep just asks me to be patient and that it may take several weeks before it gets entered into their system...yep he said there is no time frame...which was shocking.
  • When I asked if I can call back a couple weeks later if it is still not entered into their system, he said if you wish to you may however we cannot do anything else until the application is found and entered in their system.😱

Did this happen to anyone else on this thread/forum?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, Hyatto said:

Applied:  2/6 Chesapeake, VA Post Office

Online Tracking: Application Not Found :(

I called the National Passport Info Center, just in case their online tracking system is not updated yet. They said my application is not in their system yet🥺🥺 they told me to call the post office.

I called the post office and their phone line is always busy but I did get to talk to their passport officer once, she said they’ll call me back but never heard from them again and that was 3/10. I’m getting  worried that they’ve lost my application. 😢😭

@Hyatto  Hi Wanted to follow-up and check if they received you application or did they loose it? I think I am also in the same boat I applied 3/9 Gainesville, VA USPS and still no update. So I am interested to know the status on your application.

21 hours ago, Shivoham said:

All, 

I am a new user to this forum. I didn't see any entries in the old tracker for 2021. So i have created a new Google spreadsheet based tracker here for us. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1itagrwXu39t_Gsvi3bXeobhEm74hg2ur1w2CfmD0bm0/edit?usp=sharing

Please go ahead and put your entries. It's your own tracker, so feel free to make any edits to format etc. 

Thanks to all who updated their data in this passport  tracker. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1itagrwXu39t_Gsvi3bXeobhEm74hg2ur1w2CfmD0bm0/edit?usp=sharing

Someone meaningfully updated the format also, thank you for that. 

I have sorted the tracker based on application date to easily look at the current speed of approvals. 

Here are my datapoints for expedited processing:

Submit to USPS acceptance facility in Manhattan, NY - March 3, 2021

Email notification: in process - March 5, 2021

Email notification: approved - March 24, 2021

Approval said it will arrive on or around March 30, 2021, no shipping or tracking info or even any further notifications after

Passport received - March 29, 2021

Just under 4 weeks, end to end.

Edited by wandaviz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Another Update:

After getting status that my passport is shipped got another status later that they have approved by case. Did anyone experience that?

both applied first time expedited for passport card & book  with 1-2 day return.

adult

march 26 shipped overnight 

March 28 delivered at 11:33pm (Sunday)

March 31 In process online status show

minor 

march 26 shipped overnight 

March 28 delivered at 11:33pm (Sunday)

March 31 In process online status show

Hoping speedy turn around for both. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 5:05 PM, sahilpatel12 said:

Forget to add the post office guy told us to just write date of birth on each seperate checks for wife and kid. No names to write just dob on it.

things might change from last time I had mine done but he stapled everything in application including the original certificate of naturalization . Is that ok to get stapled?

mine when I did they had us use paper clips for everything. ( I took plenty clips with me for it).

The post office lady handling my passport application said the same to me, told me to write my DOB on the personal check. No idea why, but they must have some reason for it. Everything was stapled, even the check. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

My passport book and card application timeline:

March 10: applied as expedited at USPS 

March 15: application received email 

March 16: check cashed

March 23: application approved and booklet shipped emails

March 24: booklet received in the mail

March 27: passport card received in the mail

April 2: NC received in the mail

Coincidentally my journey ends right before Easter!! Thank God or whoever has been blessing me on this journey. And of course the Visajourney forums I have been lurking on for years. Wish you all the best. 

Interview and oath ceremony: 3/22

Applied for passport at post office: 3/23

In progress: 4/06

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, JFH said:

Interview and oath ceremony: 3/22

Applied for passport at post office: 3/23

In progress: 4/06

Thanks for the update. I'm one week behind you, applied for my passport on March 30. Hopefully my status shows something else than "not found" by next Tuesday. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.