Alex&Jen

Honduras Administrative Processing Time

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello fellow VJers

I am starting a discussion forum for anyone else who would like to encourage one another during the administrative processing time, or also known as the Black Hole! 

Our story and timeline. 

I submitted my petition for my husband in March, and with the help of my congress was able to have it expedited to NVC. Shortly after it was sent to NVC, it was expedited to Honduras Embassy. We were able to get an interview July 26, 2019 while I was visiting my husband for the summer (I have the ability to visit him on my school breaks). He had his medical exam done and completed before the interview, but during the interview we found out the Dr. did not send the medical exam. We were given a 221G form for the Medical Exam and was told that as soon as they receive it, they will review the case. We found out the following day that the Dr. needed to have my husband go through a drug monitoring program due to confessing of using drugs in the past. 

November, 2019 my husband completed his drug monitoring program with success and he sent his Medical Exam to the Embassy with his passport. My husband's passport was returned with no visa, but a form saying denied and still in  Administrative processing. The embassy has only updated my husband's case about 5 times since November, so it becomes very disheartening to see nothing happen. 

If you come across my posting and you are in a similar situation and would like to share, please share.  I would be so happy to hear from others and to be able to encourage one another through this process. 

Edited by Alex&Jen

2 minutes ago, Alex&Jen said:

Hello fellow VJers

I am starting a discussion forum for anyone else who would like to encourage one another during the administrative processing time, or also known as the Black Hole! 

Our story and timeline. 

I submitted my petition for my husband in March, and with the help of my congress was able to have it expedited to NVC. Shortly after it was sent to NVC, it was expedited to Honduras Embassy. We were able to get an interview July 26, 2019 while I was visiting my husband for the summer (I have the ability to visit him on my school breaks). He had his medical exam done and completed before the interview, but during the interview we found out the Dr. did not send the medical exam. We were given a 221G form for the Medical Exam and was told that as soon as they receive it, they will review the case. We found out the following day that the Dr. needed to have my husband go through a drug monitoring program due to confessing of using drugs in the past. 

November, 2019 my husband completed his drug monitoring program with success and he sent his Medical Exam to the Embassy with his passport. My husband's passport was returned with no visa, but a form saying denied and still in  Administrative processing. The embassy has only updated my husband's case about 5 times since November, so it becomes very disheartening to see nothing happen. 

If you come across my posting and you are in a similar situation and would like to share, please share.  I would be so happy to hear from others and to be able to encourage one another through this process. 

That would be a rather short drug monitoring program duration.  Generally they are monitored for one year.  I would look at that.

Keep in mind that while some of the process can be expedited, AP cannot.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

That would be a rather short drug monitoring program duration.  Generally they are monitored for one year.  I would look at that.

Keep in mind that while some of the process can be expedited, AP cannot.

First, my husband was not the only one with a short drug monitoring program. 

Second, I am well aware of not being able to expedite AP. 

Not sure if you read my entire post, but I was wanting to encourage one another through this AP process, not critique. 

But thank you for the information that I am already  well aware of. 

Just now, Alex&Jen said:

First, my husband was not the only one with a short drug monitoring program. 

Second, I am well aware of not being able to expedite AP. 

Not sure if you read my entire post, but I was wanting to encourage one another through this AP process, not critique. 

But thank you for the information that I am already  well aware of. 

How was I being critical?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

How was I being critical?

Maybe critical is not the word I wanted to use, however, I just wanted to point out two things. 

1) I know I can not expedite and didn't even suggest that I wanted to expedite. 

2) Not all drug monitoring cases are the same. 

I posted for others to be able to share their experiences and for us to give encouragement to one another due to this process being so long. 

Edited by Alex&Jen

I dont know what is going on with your case, what I can say is I think you should be patient and let them do their thing. AP is a pain in the ###, your actually very lucky to have your case looked at in such a short frame of time. I petitioned for my husband in december 2016, he had his interview february of 2018 and 19 months of AP later finally got an update, and a month later his visa...all in all 20 months. There are people out there who have been waiting even longer going into 2 years or more, Its just how its been since trump took office. Your situation can have many factors come into play, but regardless even the fact that your getting quick answers is what I would consider lucky if I was able to get answers quick during our process. Regardless, I would keep emailing them every week if you have to in order to get an answer. Thats what I had to do

Edited by Insha

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Jen,

I am in a very similar situation. I started this process back in October 2016. However due to the cost and time it takes and me having so many children I had to take it slowly. My husband finally got his IR1 interview set for January 10, 2020. He left the US on Dec 26 2019 and had his medical exam December 27 at 7am. He was there from 7am to 5pm. Came back 24 hours before his interview to get his results only to be told that they were sent to the embassy in Tegucigalpa electronically because his case was digital. So my husband arrived for his interview and was asked 5 simple questions...1. Wifes name 2. How long have you been together 3. Who is your co sponsor 4. How many children do you have 5. How many times have you been stopped for driving without a license. My husband answered all and the officer said “Congratulions I don’t see why we can’t approve your visa, please wait to receive an email from us” then he handed my husband back his passport and said “the medical clinic never sent your record over therefor I cannot hold onto your visa until results are received” with the passport he received a white form requesting documents. Medical Record and Passport. So on January 13 2020 the medical clinic sent the results and my husband had already sent his passport via cargo express on Saturday. But received a call from the embassy asking him to send his passport on the 13th. He told the lady he had already sent it on the 11th and she said “oh good” and then they hung up. I check the traveldocs site everyday finally saw the passport was heading back to the cargo and was done at the embassy. My husband got notification to pick it up and we were so excited. However he went to get it and there was no visa. Just the same white form that was only marked “administrative processing” and we were heartbroken. We have spent everyday together the last 10 years and I just gave birth to our 6th baby on January 22, 2020 without him :( After that my husband waited a week and sent his passport back a second time. Nobody asked for it though. The clinic told him to send it again.  The Date has updated on his case several times. January 13, 15, and now the 28th. But nothing since. Just says Administrative processing. His passport status said “being delivered to post” for the longest time. However as of like three days ago or two days it changed to “there is no status updated for the passport number submitted” hoping this means something good. I am currently on maternity leave but Idk how long I can support my household on just my salary. Without him here is so hard on both myself and my children. Did your husband attend the clinic on Santa Barbara Blvd? 

Timeline
On 2/6/2020 at 9:51 PM, avasquez said:

Hi Jen,

I am in a very similar situation. I started this process back in October 2016. However due to the cost and time it takes and me having so many children I had to take it slowly. My husband finally got his IR1 interview set for January 10, 2020. He left the US on Dec 26 2019 and had his medical exam December 27 at 7am. He was there from 7am to 5pm. Came back 24 hours before his interview to get his results only to be told that they were sent to the embassy in Tegucigalpa electronically because his case was digital. So my husband arrived for his interview and was asked 5 simple questions...1. Wifes name 2. How long have you been together 3. Who is your co sponsor 4. How many children do you have 5. How many times have you been stopped for driving without a license. My husband answered all and the officer said “Congratulions I don’t see why we can’t approve your visa, please wait to receive an email from us” then he handed my husband back his passport and said “the medical clinic never sent your record over therefor I cannot hold onto your visa until results are received” with the passport he received a white form requesting documents. Medical Record and Passport. So on January 13 2020 the medical clinic sent the results and my husband had already sent his passport via cargo express on Saturday. But received a call from the embassy asking him to send his passport on the 13th. He told the lady he had already sent it on the 11th and she said “oh good” and then they hung up. I check the traveldocs site everyday finally saw the passport was heading back to the cargo and was done at the embassy. My husband got notification to pick it up and we were so excited. However he went to get it and there was no visa. Just the same white form that was only marked “administrative processing” and we were heartbroken. We have spent everyday together the last 10 years and I just gave birth to our 6th baby on January 22, 2020 without him :( After that my husband waited a week and sent his passport back a second time. Nobody asked for it though. The clinic told him to send it again.  The Date has updated on his case several times. January 13, 15, and now the 28th. But nothing since. Just says Administrative processing. His passport status said “being delivered to post” for the longest time. However as of like three days ago or two days it changed to “there is no status updated for the passport number submitted” hoping this means something good. I am currently on maternity leave but Idk how long I can support my household on just my salary. Without him here is so hard on both myself and my children. Did your husband attend the clinic on Santa Barbara Blvd? 

Hi!! 

Wow, I am so sorry about the heartbreaking news you received...AFTER they told him congratulations.  The only time that they update my husbands case is when we inquire about it. He had gone to the clinic in San Pedro Sula, because it is closer to where he lives.  Please let me know as soon as you find something out about your husband.  I was with my husband in December, but I am not sure when I can go back to see him. He says that it is getting more dangerous in Honduras due to the protesting. Has your husband mentioned the conditions of Honduras with the protesting? I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure it is difficult for you both having a new baby and him not there with you. 

• 11 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:43 PM, Alex&Jen said:

Hi!! 

Wow, I am so sorry about the heartbreaking news you received...AFTER they told him congratulations.  The only time that they update my husbands case is when we inquire about it. He had gone to the clinic in San Pedro Sula, because it is closer to where he lives.  Please let me know as soon as you find something out about your husband.  I was with my husband in December, but I am not sure when I can go back to see him. He says that it is getting more dangerous in Honduras due to the protesting. Has your husband mentioned the conditions of Honduras with the protesting? I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure it is difficult for you both having a new baby and him not there with you. 

Hello, I have a similar situation with my husband. Can you share what happened after? Was he able to get his visa? 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/1/2021 at 9:12 PM, Sdlp said:

Hello, I have a similar situation with my husband. Can you share what happened after? Was he able to get his visa? 

My husband did get his visa. He had another interview October 14 2020 and also had a second medical. His visa was issued November 26 2020. And he came home that day. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.