GaryC

If the election were today

35 posts in this topic

Looks like Obama is the only dem that has a chance and even at that is is close. It's going to be very interesting next year.

Election 2008 National Head-to-Head Polls

Rudy Giuliani (R ) vs. Hillary Clinton (D)

......................................Poll Date...........Sample.........Giuliani (R )........Clinton (D)...........Spread

RCP Average................5/16 to 06/10..........-..................47.8%...............42.4%...............Giuliani +5.4%

LA Times/Bloomberg.....06/07 - 06/10.....1056 RV...........49%..................39%...................Giuliani +10%

FOX News....................06/05 - 06/06.......900 RV...........45%...................42%..................Giuliani +3%

USA Today/Gallup........06/01 - 06/03........905 RV...........52%..................45%...................Giuliani +7%

Zogby..........................05/17 - 05/20.......993 RV...........48%..................43%...................Giuliani +5%

Hotline/FD....................05/16 - 05/20.......800 RV............45%.................43%...................Giuliani +2%

John McCain (R ) vs. Hillary Clinton (D)

...................................Poll Date..............Sample..........McCain (R )........Clinton (D)..........Spread

RCP Average..............05/16 to 06/10.............-................44.5%................43.0%...............McCain +1.5%

LA Times/Bloomberg...06/07 - 06/10.........1056 RV...........45%..................41%...................McCain +4%

FOX News...................06/05 - 06/06.........900 RV............43%...................43%..................Tie

Zogby........................05/17 - 05/20..........993 RV...........47%...................43%...................McCain +4%

Hotline/FD...................05/16 - 05/20.........800 RV...........43%...................45%...................Clinton +2%

Rudy Giuliani (R ) vs. Barack Obama (D)

....................................Poll Date.............Sample...........Giuliani (R ).......Obama (D)............Spread

RCP Average...............05/16 to 06/10..........-...................44.2%...............43.4%................Giuliani +0.8%

LA Times/Bloomberg.....06/07 - 06/10........1056 RV...........41%..................46%...................Obama +5%

FOX News.....................06/05 - 06/06.........900 RV...........46%..................41%...................Giuliani +5%

Rasmussen...................06/04 - 06/05.........800 LV............51%..................39%...................Giuliani +12%

Zogby..........................05/17 - 05/20.........993 RV............42%.................48%....................Obama +6%

Hotline/FD....................05/16 - 05/20.........800 RV............41%..................43%...................Obama +2%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...t/national.html

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Plus as usual it favors the republican againt Hilary, surprise surprise. The poll i saw didnt come close to that. Then again the polls dont matter, i can fake a poll and throw it online and rave about it. What matters is next year when the REAL ppl go out and vote, not some internet generated poll. Its like Bush's votings, all internet generated and false

flame away ppl flame away :)

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

To me, those polls mean nothing. It's almost a year and a half until the 2008 election. A lot can, and will, happen between then and now.

Those polls will be much more meaningful at this time next year.

But it is an interesting snap-shot of the mood of the people today. To me it shows that despite the damage Bush did to himself and the reps the people still prefer Giuliani to any of the dem candidates. I also have a poll that shows the dems in congress have a 27% approval rate which is lower than Bush. I think the immigration fiasco and all the talk of "cut and run" in Iraq has hurt the dems a lot. If the dems "stay the course" on their agenda not only will we have a rep president but the reps will take back the house.

Timeline
To me, those polls mean nothing. It's almost a year and a half until the 2008 election. A lot can, and will, happen between then and now.

But it is an interesting snap-shot of the mood of the people today. To me it shows that despite the damage Bush did to himself and the reps the people still prefer Giuliani to any of the dem candidates. I also have a poll that shows the dems in congress have a 27% approval rate which is lower than Bush. I think the immigration fiasco and all the talk of "cut and run" in Iraq has hurt the dems a lot. If the dems "stay the course" on their agenda not only will we have a rep president but the reps will take back the house.

How do you figure? Its a poll that you found online!! It shows nothing other than someones opinion who doesnt like dems. Thats all it shows. Unless you make a poll and watch every single person vote it and can show it was FOR REAL, then polls prove #######

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

How do you figure? Its a poll that you found online!! It shows nothing other than someones opinion who doesnt like dems. Thats all it shows. Unless you make a poll and watch every single person vote it and can show it was FOR REAL, then polls prove #######

Did you bother to read it? It is a collection of LA Times/Bloomberg, FOX News, USA Today/Gallup, Zogby and Hotline/FD. Those are respected and well recognised polling companies. It's not just some internet poll that doesn't mean anything. You should look at things before you jump to conclusions.

Timeline

Did you bother to read it? It is a collection of LA Times/Bloomberg, FOX News, USA Today/Gallup, Zogby and Hotline/FD. Those are respected and well recognised polling companies. It's not just some internet poll that doesn't mean anything. You should look at things before you jump to conclusions.

well i already know FOX news is for republicans, so now i dont care what lump of news teams put it together, ITS STILL JUST A POLL.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

well i already know FOX news is for republicans, so now i dont care what lump of news teams put it together, ITS STILL JUST A POLL.

What about the rest of them? Zogby, USA Today/Gallup and the LA Times? You say they favor reps? Go ahead though, the more your side is in denial the better for us.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
To me it shows that despite the damage Bush did to himself and the reps the people still prefer Giuliani to any of the dem candidates.

If the Dem candidates are Hillary and Obama, I'm not surprised.

I'm more of a Dem voter, but I'd sooner vote Giuliani or McCain than Hillary.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

What about the rest of them? Zogby, USA Today/Gallup and the LA Times? You say they favor reps? Go ahead though, the more your side is in denial the better for us.

Your denial shows with everyday the republicans screw the american ppl more and more and you continue to favor them.

Oh and Gary, you will argue with anyone who is not a bush butt kisser, so i really dont care about your opinion, bc unless someone is agreeing with YOU or your views on loving the republicans, we will never have a say. So ive said my part and now im going to go home and see my kids and hubby. Again my point was, who cares where the polls came from, they are polls, and polls mean nothing. results mean everything. :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I wouldn't vote for any of the candidates in this straw poll. Giuliani, McCain, Clinton, and Obama all suck big time.

Some of the 2nd and 3rd tier Republicans have caught my eye, but will never be nominated because they are not in corporate America's hip pocket.

I wouldn't hire any of the Democrats to shine my shoes. They all veer too far to the left or are space cases. Kucinich? Richardson? No way, Jose´.

I might sit this one out if this is the best there is to offer.

By the time the primaries get to Texas, my vote is irrelevant anyway. ALL the primaries should be cast on the same day. What relevance do the crown jewels New Hampshire and Iowa have to Texas (or the rest of the 48 for that matter)?

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The polls change quite a bit when campaigning starts in earnest - As I remember, the polls for the senate/congressional elections were pretty neck and neck. It was conservatively expected that the Dems would be able to take one chamber, not both - which is what happened.

Looks like Obama is the only dem that has a chance and even at that is is close. It's going to be very interesting next year.

Election 2008 National Head-to-Head Polls

Rudy Giuliani (R ) vs. Hillary Clinton (D)

......................................Poll Date...........Sample.........Giuliani (R )........Clinton (D)...........Spread

RCP Average................5/16 to 06/10..........-..................47.8%...............42.4%...............Giuliani +5.4%

LA Times/Bloomberg.....06/07 - 06/10.....1056 RV...........49%..................39%...................Giuliani +10%

FOX News....................06/05 - 06/06.......900 RV...........45%...................42%..................Giuliani +3%

USA Today/Gallup........06/01 - 06/03........905 RV...........52%..................45%...................Giuliani +7%

Zogby..........................05/17 - 05/20.......993 RV...........48%..................43%...................Giuliani +5%

Hotline/FD....................05/16 - 05/20.......800 RV............45%.................43%...................Giuliani +2%

John McCain (R ) vs. Hillary Clinton (D)

...................................Poll Date..............Sample..........McCain (R )........Clinton (D)..........Spread

RCP Average..............05/16 to 06/10.............-................44.5%................43.0%...............McCain +1.5%

LA Times/Bloomberg...06/07 - 06/10.........1056 RV...........45%..................41%...................McCain +4%

FOX News...................06/05 - 06/06.........900 RV............43%...................43%..................Tie

Zogby........................05/17 - 05/20..........993 RV...........47%...................43%...................McCain +4%

Hotline/FD...................05/16 - 05/20.........800 RV...........43%...................45%...................Clinton +2%

Rudy Giuliani (R ) vs. Barack Obama (D)

....................................Poll Date.............Sample...........Giuliani (R ).......Obama (D)............Spread

RCP Average...............05/16 to 06/10..........-...................44.2%...............43.4%................Giuliani +0.8%

LA Times/Bloomberg.....06/07 - 06/10........1056 RV...........41%..................46%...................Obama +5%

FOX News.....................06/05 - 06/06.........900 RV...........46%..................41%...................Giuliani +5%

Rasmussen...................06/04 - 06/05.........800 LV............51%..................39%...................Giuliani +12%

Zogby..........................05/17 - 05/20.........993 RV............42%.................48%....................Obama +6%

Hotline/FD....................05/16 - 05/20.........800 RV............41%..................43%...................Obama +2%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...t/national.html

Interesting, but it means nothing, since it is almost one and a half year away. remember, Howard Dean was the Democrat front runner for almost all the time, but he lost the momentum just before the primaries began. Newt Gingrish said few days ago that if the Republican nominee sounds like a Bush successor, than it is very unlikely that the Republican nominee will win the White House in 2008. My personal opinion is, the Democrat nominee will win the White House.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I agree that these polls can change over time until the election.

But it is always funny when ppl automatically call a poll fake when it does not support what they want it to. :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Iraq will be a key issue, I think - especially as seems likely; we'll still be neck deep in it this time next year. That and the future direction of the "war on terror" - though honestly, we'd do as much good voting on the basis of much-needed domestic reforms than on our foreign policy. Whoever gets in - its unlikely they will have the carte blanche to start another unilateral invasion of yet another MENA country. It certainly won't be a point that anyone will campaign on.