kayden123

CFO Davao

23 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, kayden123 said:

Unfortunately i think that is also part of the problem, she is really shy.

Shy people can be surprisingly assertive when they need to be.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, kayden123 said:

Hello everyone, 

So we did the whole interview, she has her K1 Visa, everything is done. or so we thought,  she did CFO in davao before the interview, as others have done, so we just had to go back for her sticker. well apparently they are making it really hard, we had been there 5 times in total and they refused to give her the cfo sticker each time. each time they wanted something new, additional information. 

I have one divorce and one child from a prior marriage.

first visit was the cfo

2nd visit they said they needed the parenting plan.

3rd visit they said they needed a uilitiy bill to show proof that i lived in usa.

4th the divorce decree had a mix up on the Respondent/Peitioner line, but other then that it was signed and filed in court. but they wont accept it now because i need to correct it. 

5th visit, i didnt visit again after April because i had surgery and Rehab. they want proof of my surgery.

Has anyone else experience these issues?  they lady she talked to stated she was the boss. Is there anything we can do. Im not sure what to do, it seems like every time she goes its something new. she lives 5 hours from davao.

Does she have her CFO-GCP certificate from attending the seminar?  Just read in your other posting she does not have the certificate.     

Not sure if she can attend another CFO once she is in the computer at a different one.       

Your fiancee needs to "leave shy at the curb" when at CFO.

She can get the sticker at any CFO office if she has her certificate.   

This is the person in charge of CFO (^^ her boss)

MA. JANINE ERIKA B. EUSEBIO

Migrant Integration & Education Division

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEAS

Tel No: (02) 552-4759

jeusebio@cfo.gov.ph

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, kayden123 said:

she never got a certificate. just a referral to come back with "required items"

also they wanted a color picture of my passport and military id, she stated the lady thought i was lying.

2 hours ago, kayden123 said:

Unfortunately i think that is also part of the problem, she is really shy.

^^^^  And that is the biggest issue.      As I stated earlier- the shy, timid and meek  are like blood in the water with a shark .. and CFO is the shark

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 hours ago, kayden123 said:

Hello everyone, 

So we did the whole interview, she has her K1 Visa, everything is done. or so we thought,  she did CFO in davao before the interview, as others have done, so we just had to go back for her sticker. well apparently they are making it really hard, we had been there 5 times in total and they refused to give her the cfo sticker each time. each time they wanted something new, additional information. 

I have one divorce and one child from a prior marriage.

first visit was the cfo

2nd visit they said they needed the parenting plan.

3rd visit they said they needed a uilitiy bill to show proof that i lived in usa.

4th the divorce decree had a mix up on the Respondent/Peitioner line, but other then that it was signed and filed in court. but they wont accept it now because i need to correct it. 

5th visit, i didnt visit again after April because i had surgery and Rehab. they want proof of my surgery.

Has anyone else experience these issues?  they lady she talked to stated she was the boss. Is there anything we can do. Im not sure what to do, it seems like every time she goes its something new. she lives 5 hours from davao.

My wife did her CFO in Cebu and picked up the sticker at the Manila office with no problem. If she has the certificate of completion she should be able to pick up the sticker at any office or the airport in Manila (have to call ahead).

Parenting plan? Good lord. Sounds like growing pains in a new office...

just a referral to come back with "required items" 

Sorry, just read this. Like Hank said sometimes they like to hassle  the shy ones. That is one of the reasons I was there for her CFO. Even though you can't go in everyone knew I was there)))

Edited by boris64

Finally done...

Timeline
26 minutes ago, boris64 said:

My wife did her CFO in Cebu and picked up the sticker at the Manila office with no problem. If she has the certificate of completion she should be able to pick up the sticker at any office or the airport in Manila (have to call ahead).

Parenting plan? Good lord. Sounds like growing pains in a new office...

just a referral to come back with "required items" 

Sorry, just read this. Like Hank said sometimes they like to hassle  the shy ones. That is one of the reasons I was there for her CFO. Even though you can't go in everyone knew I was there)))

Ya I was there at PRISM (back in the day), my wife is not the shy, timid type, plus she was in her 30s also which changes things too.  But I was there just the same, sat around outside BS-ing with the guard.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

An update.

6th time was a no go, needed a letter saying j completed physical therapy after my surgery.

7th time, today, she got the certificate and sticker. Finally

She said others there were having issues too.

I've known her for well over a year and we talk everyday. This week was the first time I ever heard her use bad language lol.

I would recommend going to a different cfo then Davao. Unfortunately we have to change the flights now. This 10 day event messed up everything she needed to do to leave.

Timeline
2 hours ago, kayden123 said:

An update.

6th time was a no go, needed a letter saying j completed physical therapy after my surgery.

7th time, today, she got the certificate and sticker. Finally

She said others there were having issues too.

I've known her for well over a year and we talk everyday. This week was the first time I ever heard her use bad language lol.

I would recommend going to a different cfo then Davao. Unfortunately we have to change the flights now. This 10 day event messed up everything she needed to do to leave.

That suks that CFO-DAVAO was so difficult for your fiancee ..  but I'm glad that she finally has her sticker.

Still makes me laugh when my wife cusses, sounds strange when she does.  :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

That suks that CFO-DAVAO was so difficult for your fiancee ..  but I'm glad that she finally has her sticker.

Still makes me laugh when my wife cusses, sounds strange when she does.  :lol:  

My wife only does it to mimic me. She has no idea what the words mean. It is hilarious...

I'm glad that OP finally made it through. What a mess. It seems like we read about one every other month or so. You handled it better than most. We had one guy ready to start a one man war against CFO)))

Edited by boris64

Finally done...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.