MarryMe987654

Taal Volcano

20 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, kumbaya said:

my fiance and i had booked a wedding venue in tagatay overlooking the taal for late february.

is it safe to say we should probably schedule elsewhere?

😓

i heard/read its still erupting and may be for some weeks/months. prolonged eruption

Did you see the photos of the couple who got married near Taal and used the eruption as their backdrop? :-)))

Edited by boris64

Finally done...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Did you see the photos of the couple who got married near Taal and used the eruption as their backdrop? :-)))

haha yeah, it looked amazing. great memory to have

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, kumbaya said:

my fiance and i had booked a wedding venue in tagatay overlooking the taal for late february.

is it safe to say we should probably schedule elsewhere?

😓

i heard/read its still erupting and may be for some weeks/months. prolonged eruption

My friend's house in Tagaytay did not have water and electricity the day after the initial ash cloud. The problem is that you never know which direction the wind is going to blow in the future. if you booked a venue there, make sure you bring/have plenty of N95/face masks for your guests. It seems that the N95 mask here is selling now for P200 when it used to be around P75-100.  It might still be cheaper here though. If you have elderly or very young relatives who must attend the wedding, then you have to worry about them.

Flights are starting again at NAIA. I'm personally monitoring Japan Airlines since I have a flight on Friday from Manila. It seems that they made extra flights to accomodate the people whose flights were cancelled on Jan. 13 (now delayed by 15 hours) and the their flt schedules are back to normal starting today. It must have been a stressful day for the affected passengers.

I can't imagine a prolonged eruption of weeks to months and be evacuated for that long. I'll take a hurricane anytime then!

Timeline

My fiance is in Manila for her K1 US Embassy interview this week. She is with her mom and sister and they went a little early to spend a couple extra days as tourists.

They decided to go to Tagatay on Sunday...

What are the odds?

So they were literally there when it erupted! Craziness!

We are lucky she went to Manila early because if she would have flown in Monday to do medical then Tuesday/Wednesday the flight would have been cancelled. She would have missed her US Embassy interview.

This is crazy and I feel so bad for those who live in the area that are having their homes and farms destroyed.

Timeline
9 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

My friend's house in Tagaytay did not have water and electricity the day after the initial ash cloud. The problem is that you never know which direction the wind is going to blow in the future. if you booked a venue there, make sure you bring/have plenty of N95/face masks for your guests. It seems that the N95 mask here is selling now for P200 when it used to be around P75-100.  It might still be cheaper here though. If you have elderly or very young relatives who must attend the wedding, then you have to worry about them.

Flights are starting again at NAIA. I'm personally monitoring Japan Airlines since I have a flight on Friday from Manila. It seems that they made extra flights to accomodate the people whose flights were cancelled on Jan. 13 (now delayed by 15 hours) and the their flt schedules are back to normal starting today. It must have been a stressful day for the affected passengers.

I can't imagine a prolonged eruption of weeks to months and be evacuated for that long. I'll take a hurricane anytime then!

yeah, i am hoping thats not the case. thanks for all of the info and safe travels.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.