JustCallmeAL

How accurate the US passport application status?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello..  

I'm so panicking now,  so my fiance went to Detroit on 10th January 2020, he paid the fee for expedite the passport process. He have upcoming flight on Wednesday 15th January 2020, the lady that handled all his documents in the Detroit agency told him that he will get the passport on Tuesday 14th January 2020. But when my fiance checked the status on his passport application, it said 2-3 weeks in the status.  

How accurate the processing times?  😭 because the lady said like 100% it will come on Tuesday,  1 day before his flight.  

2020-01-12-12-36-46-502.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Site Discussion to the "Passports, etc." subforum -- topic involves U.S. passports.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My friend did the exact same thing last year. Had to drive from Indiana to the Detroit Passport office to expedite his passport as he was leaving in less than a week. If you fiance went to the passport service center there, and did everything right, My friend  had his in his hand via next day air envelope in 3 days from the day he applied, he never even checked the tracker, it came on the day they told him it would, so I thing you will see it Monday more than likely, he went on a Tuesday and had it by Friday. Since the 10th is a Friday it will ship Monday, you will see it Tuesday I would think. This is where my friend went...

Detroit Passport Agency

Address: 211 W Fort St, Detroit, MI 48226

Phone: (877) 487-2778
Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Aulia073 said:

Hello..  

I'm so panicking now,  so my fiance went to Detroit on 10th January 2020, he paid the fee for expedite the passport process. He have upcoming flight on Wednesday 15th January 2020, the lady that handled all his documents in the Detroit agency told him that he will get the passport on Tuesday 14th January 2020. But when my fiance checked the status on his passport application, it said 2-3 weeks in the status.  

How accurate the processing times?  😭 because the lady said like 100% it will come on Tuesday,  1 day before his flight.  

2020-01-12-12-36-46-502.jpg

Is he going to pick up his passport? Just call that contact number to ask them about it. It will lessen the stress. I'm sure though that it will be ready on the 14th if the passport is going to picked up at a passport agency.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

My friend did the exact same thing last year. Had to drive from Indiana to the Detroit Passport office to expedite his passport as he was leaving in less than a week. If you fiance went to the passport service center there, and did everything right, My friend  had his in his hand via next day air envelope in 3 days from the day he applied, he never even checked the tracker, it came on the day they told him it would, so I thing you will see it Monday more than likely, he went on a Tuesday and had it by Friday. Since the 10th is a Friday it will ship Monday, you will see it Tuesday I would think. This is where my friend went...

Detroit Passport Agency

Address: 211 W Fort St, Detroit, MI 48226

Phone: (877) 487-2778

Yes he went to the Detroit agency on Friday (the same like your friend), and they told him the passport 100% will be in Monday or Tuesday. And he paid for overnight shipping. I hope it will really come before his flight 😌 

Thank you for the response,  at least I can relaxed my mind now.  🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Aulia073 said:

Yes he went to the Detroit agency on Friday (the same like your friend), and they told him the passport 100% will be in Monday or Tuesday. And he paid for overnight shipping. I hope it will really come before his flight 😌 

Thank you for the response,  at least I can relaxed my mind now.  🙏

Yes, I helped him out, it was a big procedure, had to schedule an appointment, bring current passport, bring proof of his flight leaving in the next week, etc. But they came thru 100%, so you should be good.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

Is he going to pick up his passport? Just call that contact number to ask them about it. It will lessen the stress. I'm sure though that it will be ready on the 14th if the passport is going to picked up at a passport agency.

No,  because he lives in Ohio and need 3 hours 50 minutes to reach Detroit agency so he paid for overnight shipping ( because he cannot drive again as he will be working that time) . But they told him it 100% guaranteed that the passport will be in his home probably on Monday or Tuesday (before his flight).  They gave him the tracking number and the customer service told him that his passport still not with them yet,  once they received it then they will ship it to my fiance's address.  

Thank you so much for your response ,  at least now I can calmed down my mind 😌 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Yes, I helped him out, it was a big procedure, had to schedule an appointment, bring current passport, bring proof of his flight leaving in the next week, etc. But they came thru 100%, so you should be good.

Thank you thank you thank you..  I hope everything goes as planned. 

I pray whatever immigration process you're in, everything will going good and smooth. 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

10 calendar days to acknowledge receipt of expedited application in the system. Indication of 2-3 weeks processing time provided for expedited application. I think it’s 2-3 weeks from date of entry in the system (ie 1.5 weeks after USPS delivery of Application) 

Timeline
On 1/12/2020 at 4:44 AM, Aulia073 said:

Thank you thank you thank you..  I hope everything goes as planned. 

I pray whatever immigration process you're in, everything will going good and smooth. 🙏

• 1 year later...

My passport application was submitted on 4/26/2021 with expedited service. I have an upcoming trip in July. It’s been over a month and my passport status is not available online. I contact the passport information center everyday and nothing. They have no record of me in the system. I reported this at my local post office where I applied. They did not provide a tracking number or useful information. I was not offered to pay extra fee for it to be mailed out same day. I was advised that my application has been received at the agency on 5/29. I have no recollection and per agent from passport center could not track my information. I haven’t received any mail of rejection. What does this mean? It is possible that the online tracking tool may be inaccurate? Should I be expecting my passport soon? I am panicking like crazy. Please advise

Timeline

This happened in my family member's case also (Regular). She applied on 3/27 at USPS but the status was "Not Available" till 5/3 ( more than 5 weeks) and then it changed to "In Process" with a case number. I would suggest you call their helpline , but wait times are long (4-5 hrs) and speak with a representative or email them. Alternately, you could contact your senator or congressman with your case details on their respective website. There is another passport forum where you get more info also....https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1752928-current-us-passport-wait-merged-threads-87.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.