remotercharm

Expiration dates on documents for I-134

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We are currently waiting for a letter from the NVC after getting our approval notice for our k1 petition.

I am getting ready with the I-134. I plan to use 2 documents to show I am able to support my beneficiary.  One is my job that will write me a letter and the other is my bank with my savings account.  If they are a month or two old by the time his interview is set, is that going to be a problem?  Or should I wait until a couple of weeks before?  I don't know how long it will take to actually get the documents and not sure my bank can even do it.  One bank (Wealthfront) already flat out said no.  Thanks!

Edited by remotercharm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, remotercharm said:

We are currently waiting for a letter from the NVC after getting our approval notice for our k1 petition.

I am getting ready with the I-134. I plan to use 2 documents to show I am able to support my beneficiary.  One is my job that will write me a letter and the other is my bank with my savings account.  If they are a month or two old by the time his interview is set, is that going to be a problem?  Or should I wait until a couple of weeks before?  I don't know how long it will take to actually get the documents and not sure my bank can even do it.  One bank (Wealthfront) already flat out said no.  Thanks!

Two months is not too old. Mine were 4 months. You don't need anything from the bank for London if you have enough salary. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 1/11/2020 at 4:11 PM, Wuozopo said:

Two months is not too old. Mine were 4 months. You don't need anything from the bank for London if you have enough salary. 

As far as only needing the letter from the employer, is that something you found out from the documents that the embassy sends you?  I'm looking at the I-134 instructions.  I'd like to use the tax transcript as that would be easy but we would be submitting these around March and I wouldn't have 2019's taxes, only the 2018 transcript.  I'm worried that is too old.

Edited by remotercharm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 minutes ago, remotercharm said:

As far as only needing the letter from the employer, is that something you found out from the documents that the embassy sends you?  I'm looking at the I-134 instructions.  I'd like to use the tax transcript as that would be easy but we would be submitting these around March and I wouldn't have 2019's taxes, only the 2018 transcript.  I'm worried that is too old.

I found it out from reading the UK Forum on VJ and all the K1 interviews discussed there for the last 10 years. For immigration purposes, a 2018 tax return (or transcript) is the "most recent" until the 2019 tax filing deadline in mid April.

You could also take your final paystub for 2019 if it shows Year to Date earnings. You'll also have your 2019 W2 by then (if you are an employee). London has accepted that without the tax return for an I-134. London is extremely chill about the I-134.  If you're nicely over the poverty level, they may not even mention/discuss it at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.