ethanx

Expedite travel document application while on AOS because of pregnancy

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I came here on a k1 visa. We sent my AOS recently but I’m wondering if I can reach out to the USCIS and request for expedite processing of my travel document? Husband and I wants to visit my family in Philippines before I’m super pregnant. I’m currently almost 5 months pregnant. We are hoping to travel around March which I’ll be around 7 months or sooner than that. Anyone has tried it before and successfully received it on time of your intended travel? 

I will not be able to travel in probably 2 years after giving birth because of the age of the baby. I’ve read the criteria for expedite processing on the USCIS website but I’m just wondering if anyone has gone through the same case I have. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, ethanx said:

Hello everyone! I came here on a k1 visa. We sent my AOS recently but I’m wondering if I can reach out to the USCIS and request for expedite processing of my travel document? Husband and I wants to visit my family in Philippines before I’m super pregnant. I’m currently almost 5 months pregnant. We are hoping to travel around March which I’ll be around 7 months or sooner than that. Anyone has tried it before and successfully received it on time of your intended travel? 

I will not be able to travel in probably 2 years after giving birth because of the age of the baby. I’ve read the criteria for expedite processing on the USCIS website but I’m just wondering if anyone has gone through the same case I have. 

Thanks in advance. 

If you have the NOA then get the biometrics taken and request an expedite on the AP.   It is more rare to get and expedited AP than an EAD.  But asking costs nothing.

People fly all the time with newborns on long haul international flights.   I go back and forth every other month to Hong Kong and at least one bassinet get used. 

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Pretty much mandatory now to expedite, so have a go, there seems to be ones I would expect to be approved and are not and others which are which seem very week, free to play.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

If you have the NOA then get the biometrics taken and request an expedite on the AP.   It is more rare to get and expedited AP than an EAD.  But asking costs nothing.

People fly all the time with newborns on long haul international flights.   I go back and forth every other month to Hong Kong and at least one bassinet get used. 

Hi! Thank you for your response. We just sent my AOS so we don’t have the NOA1 yet. Also that’s what I’m thinking about that AP, and I read the criteria for expediting, and it seems I don’t fall to any of the criteria but you’re right that asking costs nothing hehe 

I was thinking that if I sent my travel document application and provide ultrasound or medical certificate together with a cover letter explaining why I am requesting an expedite processing that it could probably have a chance or do you think it would still not make any difference? I read from the website that once the application is sent, I can call for an expedite request but that’s not a guarantee for sure. 

About traveling with a newborn, my husband and I decided that we will not travel until the baby is at least 18 months. I know it’s up to us but I’m just trying to find a way if we can successfully get the travel document on my intended travel date. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Pretty much mandatory now to expedite, so have a go, there seems to be ones I would expect to be approved and are not and others which are which seem very week, free to play.

As what @Paul & Mary said, asking costs nothing. Thank you for your response! I’d definitely call once I have my NOA

Timeline

One of the reasons the K1 is usually not recommended.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

One of the reasons the K1 is usually not recommended.

Yeah we knew that this is gonna be one of the hurdle. But we wanted to be together soon and we didn’t know we will get pregnant right away. Hehe 

But there’s no harm in asking the USCIS so that’s what my next step will be. Husband is planning to just fly my family here so I can see them. So if we are unable to get the AP on our intended travel time, we will just fly them. It’s more costly tho so I’m trying to avoid it. Husband is just generous but I wanna save money 😂

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ethanx said:

Yeah we knew that this is gonna be one of the hurdle. But we wanted to be together soon and we didn’t know we will get pregnant right away. Hehe 

But there’s no harm in asking the USCIS so that’s what my next step will be. Husband is planning to just fly my family here so I can see them. So if we are unable to get the AP on our intended travel time, we will just fly them. It’s more costly tho so I’m trying to avoid it. Husband is just generous but I wanna save money 😂

Perhaps you provide the accommodation and they get their tickets?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Perhaps you provide the accommodation and they get their tickets?

Yeah that’s the plan. Husband offered to buy their tickets. But my family will instead pay half of it. Thanks for the response! I’m still hoping I could go home because that way I’ll see more of the family members. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you planning on having the baby in the PI? Unless you're having a really short visit be careful  they may not allow you to travel back to the US. Babies under 1 are like potted plants they travel better than older babies and children :)

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

41 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Babies under 1 are like potted plants they travel better than older babies and children :)

Absolutely!  ;)  Our son travel with us often and years 1 to 3 were pretty challenging.  Under 2 and depending on the airline you get a good discount, if not free domestically and we got plenty of attention from the flight attendants.  Ironically more attention in coach than in business class.

At about 4 he keep himself entertained very well.  At 6 he would visit the pilots before the flight and ask for a copy of the flight plan. By college he had 400,000 frequent flyer miles and got to travel to Europe on his own and used them all up. He is 25 now and called to ask if I would use my miles for a trip to Japan for the olympics.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
17 hours ago, ethanx said:

Thanks in advance. 

Most airlines are not going to allow you to fly during the last trimester

From the seventh month of pregnancy onwards the physical burden of carrying the baby increases. The longer the pregnancy continues the higher the chance that labour will occur. For this reason most major airlines will not allow pregnant women to travel after 34 weeks1 

21 hours ago, ethanx said:

Thanks in advance. 

on what basis do you want to expedite? If you call USCIS for expedite they will ask you for the reasons you want to expedite and will ask you for the proofs.

here are the reasons.

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

It has to one of the following reasons for expedite. I had done it in 2018 and got the approval within a month after submitting all the proofs. 

Timeline

Urgent humanitarian reasons

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.