666 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, tu2008 said:

You case is being processed at the national benefits center, from there it will be sent to your local office. Most likely you will receive an interview notice. What is you local office?

How to know what is most likely and what is not?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
28 minutes ago, leymanai said:

How to know what is most likely and what is not?

Look at threads for months prior to this ...most MSC cases tend to get interviews

Timeline
32 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

Look at threads for months prior to this ...most MSC cases tend to get interviews

So if receipt has some some Other processing center’s first three letters, more than likely those people will not receive any interviews? 

1 hour ago, leymanai said:

Wooh I am so nervous. Submitted mine today. They should receive it tomorrow. My package was surprisingly thin. I think there was around 30 (two-side printed)  pages....  hope that is okay

They prefer 1 side printed documents! Hope it will be fine!

Timeline

Here is my timeline for now hope it updates soon!

03/13/20 - package mailed via USPS

03/16/20 - package delivered to Phoenix, AZ

I'm already checking my bank account. 

Good luck guys.

Btw I didn't put uscis account number because i thought i didnt have it. I barely realized today my husband made it 3 years ago. Ouch. hope they dont send my package back :( 

Timeline
2 hours ago, rocknfreak said:

Have never heard them saying any preference. Otherwise they would put it online at USCIS website. But anyways, my husband’s friend is an immigration lawyer back in Texas and she was saying that to them it more matters how you organize your file and evidences. It doesn’t really matter one-side or two-sided. I know for sure in government facilities they are actually  encouraging employees to use two sides. I worked myself as county employee at airport...LOL. So would be a bit hypocritical  of them to say anything about applicants sending papers with printed stuff on two sides... but anyways, hope they won’t be sad that I sent them only 30 pages 

4 minutes ago, leymanai said:
2 hours ago, rocknfreak said:

Have never heard them saying any preference. Otherwise they would put it online at USCIS website. But anyways, my husband’s friend is an immigration lawyer back in Texas and she was saying that to them it more matters how you organize your file and evidences. It doesn’t really matter one-side or two-sided. I know for sure in government facilities they are actually  encouraging employees to use two sides. I worked myself as county employee at airport...LOL. So would be a bit hypocritical  of them to say anything about applicants sending papers with printed stuff on two sides... but anyways, hope they won’t be sad that I sent them only 30 pages 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips

It is written on their website, online for everyone to access.

• Send single-sided copies of your supporting documentation.

Again, this is a FACT, I personally follow rules of the USCIS. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We got a rejection notice today, reason: "The application/petition was filed on an outdated version of this form. Please resubmit your application/petition on the current version of this form with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page."

I'm looking at form I-751 on the USCIS website and it is showing the exact same form I'd submitted:

OMB No. 1615-0038

Expires 12/31/2019

Am I missing something? According to the USCIS site, it says that I am allowed to submit the application using this form per these notes:

12/02/19. We will publish a new version of this form soon. In the meantime, you may file using the 12/02/19 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.

Anyone has thoughts on this? Should I resubmit using all of the same documents with a note basically telling them that the last notice was incorrect at the time of submission (and currently)?

On 3/11/2020 at 2:33 PM, WhiteSteve&Mimo said:

Hi! I just sent my Package today with USPS with signature request. It costed around $15. They said it will get there in 2 days. This website is awesome. Helped me a lot and here I am to help out too if needed. Good luck everyone!

03/13/2020 -  Package mailed via USPS

03/14/2020 - Package delivered

Timeline
3 hours ago, chrismar said:

We got a rejection notice today, reason: "The application/petition was filed on an outdated version of this form. Please resubmit your application/petition on the current version of this form with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page."

I'm looking at form I-751 on the USCIS website and it is showing the exact same form I'd submitted:

OMB No. 1615-0038

Expires 12/31/2019

Am I missing something? According to the USCIS site, it says that I am allowed to submit the application using this form per these notes:

12/02/19. We will publish a new version of this form soon. In the meantime, you may file using the 12/02/19 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Anyone has thoughts on this? Should I resubmit using all of the same documents with a note basically telling them that the last notice was incorrect at the time of submission (and currently)?

Oh god this is not good 😧

Timeline
3 hours ago, chrismar said:

OMB No. 1615-0038

Expires 12/31/2019

I think if you have a chance to go to actual field office – go and ask for current form since they can’t give a form online. It is always better to call or come to them directly and talk to them in cases like this...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, miyag said:

Yeah sure, I gave them my A-number from the application and confirmed a few of my personal information first. I also said I signed up for e-notification but didn’t receive anything and my CC was charged. He then checked my case and gave me the receipt number. 

Try doing this, good luck! 
(I could’ve waited for the NOA, I get all anxious and had to call for an update haha!) 

Thank you for your great help. I did it this morning. My receipt number starts with SRC. So it will be processed at Texas Service Center. It is a super slow processing place compared to Potomac Service Center (receipt number starting with YSC) or National Benefits Center (receipt numbers starting with MSC). Hopefully, no interview it seems at first glance. Had one for AoS already. Biometrics will also be slow, I think.

Edited by tu2008

Hi everyone, joining this! I mailed out my packet on March 14th and it was delivered this morning, March 17th. Anxiously awaiting my e-notification.

Edited by Saphire80

💚

Conditional GC expires: 04/07/2020

ROC filed: 03/14/2020, delivered: 03/17/2020

Check cashed and text confirmation received: 03/24/2020, case at MSC (National Benefits Center)

NOA 1 18 month extension received: 03/27/2020

Biometrics notice: Pending

Interview notice: Pending

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.