666 posts in this topic

State: Georgia

Filed for: Removal of Condition on I-751

Filing: Texas

Apr 4, 2020   Filed for removal of condition on I-751

July 7, 2020   Notice of Reciept

Sept 4, 2020  Received notice no need for biometrics and background check was performed.

Oct 1, 2020 received notice of Approval. Card to be mailed shortly.

23 hours ago, Rob T said:

Sept 4, 2020  Received notice no need for biometrics and background check was performed.

Congrats, that went fast. 

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : Nebraska Service Center
Date Filed : 2020-03-30
NOA Date : 2020-04-03
RFE(s) : No
Bio. Appt. : 2020-07-01
Interview Date : Waived
Approval Date : 2021-01-22
Approved : Yes
Got I551 Stamp : No
Green Card Received :

On 10/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, Rob T said:

Congrats! What's your service center?

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

42 minutes ago, Rob T said:

Texas. 

I just checked my status again today and it says they mailed my card yesterday 10/5/2020

Texas is really rocking it these days!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

11 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

Texas is really rocking it these days!

My attorney was shocked. I think that is record time lol. They did misspell my name this time on a document so I dont know if in correcting it, they just decided to process me while they had it. But we also had the best documented case my attorney ever saw. And he said Canadians seemingly get done faster than others. But who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just read this article https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/advance-parole

it seems to say that if you have an AOS application outstanding then you can’t travel abroad unless you also obtain Advance Parole. I had thought, reading many posts on here, that the extension letter was sufficient. 

Has anyone else traveled with the extension letter, and has anyone else applied for Advance Parole? I did it when my Green Card was pending but did not realise it was advised in my current status. 

13 minutes ago, Adam D said:

it seems to say that if you have an AOS application outstanding then you can’t travel abroad unless you also obtain Advance Parole. I had thought, reading many posts on here, that the extension letter was sufficient. 

Has anyone else traveled with the extension letter, and has anyone else applied for Advance Parole? I did it when my Green Card was pending but did not realise it was advised in my current status. 

Hi, I just got back from abroad using my expired green card and extension letter and it was fine. I was kinda worried, but it all worked out. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, miyag said:

Hi, I just got back from abroad using my expired green card and extension letter and it was fine. I was kinda worried, but it all worked out. 

Ok thanks. I had read on this site that most people seem to have been ok. Not sure if either the carrier you are flying with or the country you’re travelling to and from makes a difference.  I would be travelling to England (depending on COVID of course - no specific travel planned yet). But that article got me more scared because I hadn’t heard anyone using AP at this point. 

22 minutes ago, Adam D said:

3 minutes ago, Adam D said:

Ok thanks. I had read on this site that most people seem to have been ok. Not sure if either the carrier you are flying with or the country you’re travelling to and from makes a difference.  I would be travelling to England (depending on COVID of course - no specific travel planned yet). But that article got me more scared because I hadn’t heard anyone using AP at this point. 

I recently got back from Dubai and one of the security questions was around visiting U.K./Schengen area in the last 14 days since I’m a U.K. citizen. I think there is still a ban on U.K. citizens entering the US, but I would definitely look in to that before making travel plans to the U.K (you should be ok, as you have your extension letter). 

Timeline
Just now, miyag said:

I recently got back from Dubai and one of the security questions was around visiting U.K./Schengen area in the last 14 days since I’m a U.K. citizen. I think there is still a ban on U.K. citizens entering the US, but I would definitely look in to that before making travel plans to the U.K (you should be ok, as you have your extension letter). 

Yes the whole COVID situation just complicates things! I will follow up before making any form plans. Did you consider getting an I-551 Stamp in your passport? Obviously it turned out you didn’t need one! 

7 minutes ago, Adam D said:

Yes the whole COVID situation just complicates things! I will follow up before making any form plans. Did you consider getting an I-551 Stamp in your passport? Obviously it turned out you didn’t need one! 

Totally! If I travel again, I think I might consider getting the stamp. Saves you the trouble of carrying the letter, green card and passport everywhere. 

On 10/15/2020 at 10:41 AM, Adam D said:

You are confusing AOS with ROC. For AOS, yes you need the Advance Parole. During AOS you have no legal permanent status yet, and so you need explicit approval for re-entry (ie Advance Parole). For ROC, as long as you filed it and received your extension letter, you already have legal permanent resident status that is valid until the date stated on your extension letter. Hope my explanation makes sense. 

your 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.