666 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm a March filer. Have anyone experience their package sent back to them because it was sent 3 days before the 90 days of expiration for the conditional green card? With all the chaos going on I mailed my package a few days shy of the 90 days and now in worried they are going to send it back.

My timeline I-751 removal of condition 

Mail date March 20th

Dilvery date March 23rd

On 3/23/2020 at 9:49 AM, leymanai said:

Woah that is crazy. Personally I always preferred USPS to UPS or FedEx. Especially after living in Miami, I lost any trust to these companies. But I was impressed with USPS, even though back in 2017 a post officer did not deliver my EAD card and I had to wait for 6 month to have it re-delivered to me. Craaaa-zy. I have sent mine on 16th and it was picked up on 18th. Only paid $10. I just have one question, when you re-submit your packet, do they provide any sort of instructions or address to mail it to? 

There is an address at the bottom of the rejection letter that they tell you to use for re-submissions. For me it was a PO Box in Arizona.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:13 AM, Saphire80 said:

Good luck! Did you contain anything in your packet to reinforce the fact that the I-751 you used IS the currently available one? Crazy that packets are getting rejected for this reason. Also, is there any reason why you didn't send to the drop box as it's a resubmission? If I need to resubmit mine, just want to be sure I'm following protocol and sending to the right place.

I did. I put a note in my cover letter explaining the 12/31/19 form. They receieved it yesterday and I'm waiting anxiously to get some verification from them. The last two times I didn't get any notification, just two weeks later my package came back in the mail. Her GC expires on the 27th so I will worry until we get some positive results.

5 hours ago, chwolff11 said:

I did. I put a note in my cover letter explaining the 12/31/19 form. They receieved it yesterday and I'm waiting anxiously to get some verification from them. The last two times I didn't get any notification, just two weeks later my package came back in the mail. Her GC expires on the 27th so I will worry until we get some positive results.

I honestly think you will be fine, especially as someone wrote above that a USCIS representative they spoke with is aware of the issue, and you included a note regarding the form in the packet. I totally understand the anxiety though - right now is an anxious time for us all anyway, but with this on top it can just feel terrible! Sending you my well wishes :)

💚

Conditional GC expires: 04/07/2020

ROC filed: 03/14/2020, delivered: 03/17/2020

Check cashed and text confirmation received: 03/24/2020, case at MSC (National Benefits Center)

NOA 1 18 month extension received: 03/27/2020

Biometrics notice: Pending

Interview notice: Pending

13 hours ago, Clemsontigersfan said:

Hey guys I'm a March filer. Have anyone experience their package sent back to them because it was sent 3 days before the 90 days of expiration for the conditional green card? With all the chaos going on I mailed my package a few days shy of the 90 days and now in worried they are going to send it back.

My timeline I-751 removal of condition 

Mail date March 20th

Dilvery date March 23rd

Hi :) Unfortunately I have read some posts where people have had their packets returned for filing just a few days too early - but - since we are going through a national crisis right now I'm not sure if that will apply so strictly, as they could anticipate that people are feeling this way. I'm hoping they accept it for you! If not, I don't think USCIS offices are stopping petition/application acceptance during all this, so although an inconvenience, I think you'll be able to resubmit shortly without issue if they do send it back.

💚

Conditional GC expires: 04/07/2020

ROC filed: 03/14/2020, delivered: 03/17/2020

Check cashed and text confirmation received: 03/24/2020, case at MSC (National Benefits Center)

NOA 1 18 month extension received: 03/27/2020

Biometrics notice: Pending

Interview notice: Pending

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

So I researched cases that are few thousand numbers before me ...case numbers that start with SRC

About 15 or so cases out of the 100 to 150 cases I checked, get transferred to the local office within a month of receipt.

The rest rot while waiting to be touched. Cases filed from October 2018 to October 2019 are getting approved. So there is no order to the approvals at all.

Last case to be moved to local office had the same received date as mine - March 11th. So I am assuming I am not one of those cases for now.

There is one peculiar case that has its fee waived and got approved in a month. I assume this may be abuse waiver with extreme hardship expedite criteria. Only those cases typically get such a fast approval.

56 minutes ago, Saphire80 said:

Hi :) Unfortunately I have read some posts where people have had their packets returned for filing just a few days too early - but - since we are going through a national crisis right now I'm not sure if that will apply so strictly, as they could anticipate that people are feeling this way. I'm hoping they accept it for you! If not, I don't think USCIS offices are stopping petition/application acceptance during all this, so although an inconvenience, I think you'll be able to resubmit shortly without issue if they do send it back.

Thank you, hopefully they don't return it. 

I-751 with abuse waiver sent on March 12

received by USCIS Dallas March 20th

credit Card charged on March 24th

March 25th I get SMS with my case number SRC letters.

No rejection for expired form.

March 17, 2020 - Sent packet to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

March 19, 2020 - Received at USCIS

March 24, 2020 - Saw that there is a pending charge for the USCIS fee on my credit card

March 25, 2020 - Received text message with Vermont case number. 

On 3/24/2020 at 1:46 PM, The.Fab.Ella said:

Have you received any text or email message?

Hi guys! Here is our updated timeline:

March 17: Package sent to Phoenix, AZ

March 19: Package delivered

March 24: Text with receipt number WAC (California Center)

March 25: Check cashed in our account.

Now waiting for the receipt in the mail...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, finally some updates. 

March 16: Mailed to Dallas

March 18: Delivered to P.O.

March 19: Picked up

March 25: text with receipt number SRC

Waiting for charge and receipt in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, tu2008 said:

So I researched cases that are few thousand numbers before me ...case numbers that start with SRC

About 15 or so cases out of the 100 to 150 cases I checked, get transferred to the local office within a month of receipt.

The rest rot while waiting to be touched. Cases filed from October 2018 to October 2019 are getting approved. So there is no order to the approvals at all.

Last case to be moved to local office had the same received date as mine - March 11th. So I am assuming I am not one of those cases for now.

There is one peculiar case that has its fee waived and got approved in a month. I assume this may be abuse waiver with extreme hardship expedite criteria. Only those cases typically get such a fast approval.

damn that is very persistent research😉 Out of curiosity I was trying to look for some forums where there is a discussions about MSC cases are highly likely to be interviewed and any others - not as likely get interviews. Wondering if there is any actual forums and information to support these statistics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I filed the I-751 yesterday from Hawaii however I noticed afterwards two minor errors on the forms. If they send it back does that count as an RFE? I sent a money order, do they cash it?

Error 1: Forgot to check one of the boxes for "Hispanic or Latino" or "not Hispanic or Latino" . My wife is listed in the next section as White.

Error 2: I didn't answer yes/no in the 3 questions in the disabilities section.

I thought I prepared an excellent package and cover letter, though I guess I was exhausted and missed those parts. My city is on "stay home" orders so there was that extra stress. Nothing I can do now I suppose.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.