laylalex

Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals

134 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Sounds impressive, I think we can expect one of our other members to feel the need to pop down and provide a second opinion.

Send him my way. I can provide further and better details if desired.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was thinking more a member of the fairer sex, we will see.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Happy to provide ###-istance, as TBone might say.

14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Haha, I'm guessing you mean me. That's fine, I can pass on assless chaps. But if there are recommendations for restaurants/bars I am listening! 

But I'll listen in the no derailment thread as I am trying not to take things off topic these days. 😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Haha, I'm guessing you mean me. That's fine, I can pass on assless chaps. But if there are recommendations for restaurants/bars I am listening! 

But I'll listen in the no derailment thread as I am trying not to take things off topic these days. 😊

This was a bar, think of it as a bonus.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

This was a bar, think of it as a bonus.

Can't attest to the quality of the drinks, never been there myself. Only cruised on by.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

Happy to provide ###-istance, as TBone might say.

Do not make us the butt of your jokes, you potential tortfeasress you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

If you need recommendations for childless/childfree women in their mid-40s, I have many, many more of those.

Most of us guys are currently taken, but we'll file this potentially useful information for the future, si ma'am.

On second thought, if any of these women are blondes, recommend them now, si ma'am.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

VJ is an important resource, so all information should be honoured as it may well benefit others.

The only places I have gone out in WeHo are here:

https://www.laurelhardware.com/

http://surrestaurant.com/

https://pumprestaurant.com/

http://www.theeveleigh.com/

https://craigs.la/

I don't remember anyone wearing assless chaps at any of those places.

Timeline

Please pay more attention on your next visits.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Please pay more attention on your next visits.

I think Pump is the one where I have the best chance of seeing that so I will let you know when/if I get there again. It's one of the ones on Vanderpump Rules if that means anything to you (I'm guessing not, I have a feeling you are not in the target audience).

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Boiler said:

Sounds impressive, I think we can expect one of our other members to feel the need to pop down and provide a second opinion.

Why would anyone intentionally move to such a high COL area when there are literally millions of better, cleaner, more family-friendly options?  Is this a job-related move?

Just now, ALFKAD said:

Why would anyone intentionally move to such a high COL area when there are literally millions of better, cleaner, more family-friendly options?  Is this a job-related move?

We didn't move to West Hollywood. We moved to Santa Monica. WeHo and SM are pretty clean, btw. They are both small cities separate from LA, and both are pretty wealthy. SM has its own police force, school district, etc. and quality of life is pretty good. We've only been here since Sunday but I am learning to like it. :) The worst so far has been the tourists -- they can cause congestion on sidewalks and get drunk and shout at night. (This has happened once, so not sure how frequent yet.)

It was a job related move. I was in two minds about coming -- I loved Berkeley and my job, and Alex gave me the space to figure out if I wanted to move with him or be together but physically apart. At first I decided to stay, but then I started to realize I was only staying because I wanted to be clear that I was my own woman, not following my man like a good wifey-to-be. But really what I needed to do was put myself first, and putting myself first meant being where I truly wanted to be, which is with him. I'd waited too long to be with him for many reasons, and now I was making another one just because I wanted to be seen as being independent, at the expense of being happy. I choose happy. :) 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I think Pump is the one where I have the best chance of seeing that so I will let you know when/if I get there again. It's one of the ones on Vanderpump Rules if that means anything to you (I'm guessing not, I have a feeling you are not in the target audience).

Google was my friend.