NoMansLand2020

CFO/GCP

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Seminar at any office can get the sticker at NAIA.   

Some have done the seminar months ahead of the interview.   You drive that bus.  Start looking at available openings now and see if anything fits your timeline.   Slots do fill fast 

It added no additional time to our desired departure because we simply took care of it while we were waiting already for the visa interview 

Since I am petitioning her children too, do I need documentation for them at the CFO seminar? 

Also, all the documents seem to be similar to what is needed for the interview and medical. Does that mean I need more copies/originals of everything? Or do I get these items back and can use them again? 

Sounds like I need to start collecting all these documents now rather than waiting for NOA2 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

Since I am petitioning her children too, do I need documentation for them at the CFO seminar? 

Also, all the documents seem to be similar to what is needed for the interview and medical. Does that mean I need more copies/originals of everything? Or do I get these items back and can use them again? 

Sounds like I need to start collecting all these documents now rather than waiting for NOA2 

Depends.   If the children are 12 or under need only register to get the sticker.   13-19 attend peer counseling this is CFO-PDOS seminar, can't attend until after visa is in hand.

Ya good to stay ahead as much as possible.

If you stay on top of everything you can be done with the interview very quickly once at that phase.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

well, if you're going to davao cfo, have all the paperwork you can get,  we did the cfo in davao before the interview/medical.  went back the other day because we received the visa and so far its been a nightmare of more evidence and parenting plan (prior divorce on my *usa* side). they didn't accept my final divorce decree. she is going to have to go back a 4th time. she also stated they been trying to "Scare" her and stating she will probably just get a divorce as well.

they also asked for a utility bill from me to prove my address.

Good luck, all we're waiting on is the cfo sticker. so far this has been the hardest part. I guess we were lucky.

Edited by kayden123

Timeline
1 minute ago, kayden123 said:

well, if you're going to davao cfo, have all the paperwork you can get,  we did the cfo in davao before the interview/medical.  went back the other day because we received the visa and so far its been a nightmare of more evidence and parenting plan (prior divorce on my *usa* side). they didn't accept my final divorce decree. she is going to have to go back a 4th time. she also stated they been trying to "Scare" her and stating she will probably just get a divorce as well.

Good luck, all we're waiting on is the cfo sticker. so far this has been the hardest part. I guess we were lucky.

Definitely not going to Davao. Probably schedule it in Manila at the same time as the medical and interview. I'll be going with as she also has to bring her two small children. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

Definitely not going to Davao. Probably schedule it in Manila at the same time as the medical and interview. I'll be going with as she also has to bring her two small children. 

I was doing research in older post. I heard Manila was the worst and Cebu was the best. (davao was new so it had no reviews, but Davao sounds like Manila from the stuff i read.)

but im sure it depends on who is work at the time

Edited by kayden123

Timeline

I was doing research in older post. I heard Manila was the worst and Cebu was the best. (davao was new so it had no reviews, but Davao sounds like Manila from the stuff i read.)

but im sure it depends on who is work at the time

What exactly is hard about it? 

Timeline

other then them trying to "scare"  you go and one person tells you need this, you come back with that they asked, get a different person and they dont accept it and needed something else. thats her experience so far

Edited by kayden123

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

What exactly is hard about it? 

like they initially  accepted my divorce decree but when she went back for the sticker, they wanted additional paperwork, parenting plan, ect and no longer accepted the divorce decree

Timeline

like they initially  accepted my divorce decree but when she went back for the sticker, they wanted additional paperwork, parenting plan, ect and no longer accepted the divorce decree

Sounds like it's not very organized. How did you show that you are single? I know they sometimes ask for proof. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Solaris81 said:

Sounds like it's not very organized. How did you show that you are single? I know they sometimes ask for proof. 

I sent my 1040 and my Prior year Tax Transcripts. you can get them from the IRS website. (i read this on prior post)

Timeline
4 hours ago, kayden123 said:

they also asked for a utility bill from me to prove my address.< that is ridiculous!   

Jeez ... that is worse than Manila.

CFO is known to focus on the meek, timid and shy.   They will ask for more and more documents many times, plus brow beat them.    

After receiving the certificate there shouldn't be all these additional "requirements" to receive the sticker, at that point there is a form to complete and affixing the sticker.   Davao is going extremely over the edge!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
12 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Jeez ... that is worse than Manila.

CFO is known to focus on the meek, timid and shy.   They will ask for more and more documents many times, plus brow beat them.    

After receiving the certificate there shouldn't be all these additional "requirements" to receive the sticker, at that point there is a form to complete and affixing the sticker.   Davao is going extremely over the edge!

well they are making her come back monday with the Utility bill and parenting plan from my prior marriage. so i pray for a good outcome.

Timeline

I hope all is fine after that.    They are over the edge for sure ...   

Is your fiancee a quiet, shy, meek or timid person ?       CFO turns into sharks when they smell that in a person.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 1/10/2020 at 3:50 PM, Hank_ said:

I hope all is fine after that.    They are over the edge for sure ...   

Is your fiancee a quiet, shy, meek or timid person ?       CFO turns into sharks when they smell that in a person.

well surprise surprise, they rejected her cfo again and requesting additional information, I had surgery last summer, they want a certificate of proof saying i had surgery (reason why i didnt go back to Philippines this last summer)

I'll start another thread as i dont want to highjack, but we could use help. cfo is refusing to let her leave and we have tickets.

Timeline
5 hours ago, kayden123 said:

well surprise surprise, they rejected her cfo again and requesting additional information, I had surgery last summer, they want a certificate of proof saying i had surgery (reason why i didnt go back to Philippines this last summer)

I'll start another thread as i dont want to highjack, but we could use help. cfo is refusing to let her leave and we have tickets.

She has to get past CFO, and her being SHY is getting in the way.

first visit was the cfo

2nd visit they said they needed the parenting plan.

3rd visit they said they needed a uilitiy bill to show proof that i lived in usa.    - U.S. EMBASSY WILL NOT ISSUE A VISA TO A PERSON WHERE THE PETITIONER DOES NOT LIVE IN THE USA.

4th the divorce decree had a mix up on the Respondent/Peitioner line, but other then that it was signed and filed in court. but they wont accept it now because i need to correct it.   COPY OF THE DIVORCE DECREE IS COMMON EVIDENCE, SADLY YOURS HAS A TYPO AND THEY ARE USING IT TO TWIST THE SCREWS.

5th visit, i didnt visit again after April because i had surgery and Rehab. they want proof of my surgery.  MOST ONLY VISIT ONE TIME DURING THE WHOLE VISA PROCESS .. THEY ARE JUST USING THIS TO PILE ON BECAUSE SHE IS SHY!  

The deal is CFO looks at her shyness as an issue, that she could be treated badly by you and she will not have the grit to stand up for herself.    She has to speak up, be assertive ...  "I have provided everything as listed in the CFO requirement documents list.  Yet you keep asking for more and more.    What do I have to do, contact the main office of CFO to get proper respect and treatment?"   *insert name I gave you*

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.