NoMansLand2020

CFO/GCP

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know I am several months out, but just recently stumbled across this pathetic requirement.

I have found numerous articles, websites and guides on the process. But they are all different and some out of date.

When exactly does this need to be taken care of? Before or after receiving visa? Can it be done the day we depart? 

My fiancee would have to fly to the locations and would be very inconvenient for her to make a trip alone. I'm already going to be flying from the US and accompanying her and her two small children to Manila for the medicals and interviews. Can it be done at the same time? 

It's a huge hassle to keep going to Manila. She lives in a major city in Mindinao. 

It can be done after you get a case number from NVC. They cannot put the sticker int he passport until after the visa is in it. So you can either do it all at once or you can do the main part first then come back later to just get the sticker.

It is theoretically possible to do it the same day you depart (even just get the sticker), but it it would be wise to give it at least a day.

The vast majority of people have no issues with it so long as they bring the necessary documents, but there's always the possibility of having to come back with additional evidence.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

I know I am several months out, but just recently stumbled across this pathetic requirement.

I have found numerous articles, websites and guides on the process. But they are all different and some out of date.

When exactly does this need to be taken care of? Before or after receiving visa? Can it be done the day we depart? 

My fiancee would have to fly to the locations and would be very inconvenient for her to make a trip alone. I'm already going to be flying from the US and accompanying her and her two small children to Manila for the medicals and interviews. Can it be done at the same time? 

It's a huge hassle to keep going to Manila. She lives in a major city in Mindinao. 

CFO-GCP seminar can be completed before or after receiving the visa with the K-1   (Your fiancee does NOT need the case file # from NVC to complete CFO)  .      There is a CFO office in Davao now.  (CFO has four locations)     An appt is required and there is limited seating so I suggest to complete CFO-GCP as early as possible.   Here is a link to info on the process:  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Being you have a few months to go yet with USCIS I will include links to the balance of the process:

1. NVC.   After your petition is approved at USCIS the case file will be forwarded to NVC, this can be a 4-6 week process normally.   Here is a link for info on email NVC to get your case file # (MNL #), once you have an email reply from NVC forward this email to your fiancee as she will need to print a couple copies for the medical at SLEC.    NVC will eventually forward your case file to the embassy.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

2.  USEM.    Once your case file arrives at the embassy and your CEAC status shows READY you can now pay your visa fee at BPI and schedule the interview.    

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

3.  SLEC.   Your fiancee can complete the medical once she has the NVC email with the MNL#  

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

It can be done after you get a case number from NVC. :no: They cannot put the sticker int he passport until after the visa is in it. So you can either do it all at once or you can do the main part first then come back later to just get the sticker.

It is theoretically possible to do it the same day you depart (even just get the sticker), but it it would be wise to give it at least a day.

The vast majority of people have no issues with it so long as they bring the necessary documents, but there's always the possibility of having to come back with additional evidence.

MNL# not necessary to complete CFO-GCP

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

You are right it is a huge hassle for people unfortunately it is a requirement under Philippine law before immigrating to another country. Those of us lucky enough to have wives and fiancées on Mindanao now have the option to go to Davao instead of Cebu or Manila for the class. This can be done prior to getting the visa but they will not get the stamp in their passport until they have the visa in it. 

https://cfo.ph/GCP-Davao-Appointment/

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You are right it is a huge hassle for people unfortunately it is a requirement under Philippine law before immigrating to another country. Those of us lucky enough to have wives and fiancées on Mindanao now have the option to go to Davao instead of Cebu or Manila for the class. This can be done prior to getting the visa but they will not get the stamp in their passport until they have the visa in it. 

https://cfo.ph/GCP-Davao-Appointment/

My fiancée is in CDO. It's still a flight or an entire day's drive to Davao. Can they not mail the sticker? 

Don't want to end up having to make a trip just to pick it up. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

My fiancée is in CDO. It's still a flight or an entire day's drive to Davao. Can they not mail the sticker? 

If you fly out of NAIA for the flight to the USA it can be picked up at that airport 

YMMV

Timeline
28 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you fly out of NAIA for the flight to the USA it can be picked up at that airport 

That would be ideal if that is an option. Is this option dependent on which CFO office she attends? 

Also, how soon in advance do we need to schedule... Seems like this step will just add another six months to the process. 

45 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

10 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

That would be ideal if that is an option. Is this option dependent on which CFO office she attends? 

Also, how soon in advance do we need to schedule... Seems like this step will just add another six months to the process. 

No, they do not mail you the sticker. You either have to physically go back for it after getting the visa/passport back or get it at NAIA (I can't remember if CEB allows you to get it there or not). This doesn't add another 6 months to the process at all. Just have them go and it get it done.

I have been to CDO a few times on vacation and visiting my asawa's family up there. So it's about a 1 hour flight to CEB and Davao, an about a 5-6 hour Aircon bus ride from CDO which I have taken both routes before. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

No, they do not mail you the sticker. You either have to physically go back for it after getting the visa/passport back or get it at NAIA (I can't remember if CEB allows you to get it there or not). This doesn't add another 6 months to the process at all. Just have them go and it get it done.

I have been to CDO a few times on vacation and visiting my asawa's family up there. So it's about a 1 hour flight to CEB and Davao, an about a 5-6 hour Aircon bus ride from CDO which I have taken both routes before. 

I know how far it is. We flew from cdo to ceb in November. I'd have to go with her to get it taken care of. She's not going to be able to go alone. This means if we cannot get it done the same time as we do the medical/Embassy Interviews or a day or two before we leave I'll have to make another trip to PHL. Simply cannot afford it. 

1 minute ago, Solaris81 said:

I know how far it is. We flew from cdo to ceb in November. I'd have to go with her to get it taken care of. She's not going to be able to go alone. This means if we cannot get it done the same time as we do the medical/Embassy Interviews or a day or two before we leave I'll have to make another trip to PHL. Simply cannot afford it. 

Many people who do have to travel like this usually spend about 4-5 days up in Manila to do Medical, CFO, and the actual interview. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Solaris81 said:

CFO must affix the sticker in the passport  

41 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

Obtaining the CFO sticker is an option at NAIA only at this time.

Contact info for CFO and how to obtain the sticker at NAIA here:   

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Says if beneficiary is 21-25 they need advice from parents. Says to bring ID of parents plus copies.... Is this just only to get a notarized letter or do I need this at the CFO? 

I don't see it being an option to take her parents' IDs for several days while we travel to Manila. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

Says if beneficiary is 21-25 they need advice from parents. Says to bring ID of parents plus copies.... Is this just only to get a notarized letter or do I need this at the CFO? 

I don't see it being an option to take her parents' IDs for several days while we travel to Manila. 

Make do with photo copy of IDs to bring with to CFO.  As noted in the guide CFO does not always ask for the advice/consent letters.    If your fiancee is meek shy or timid that is usually when CFO will start asking for more documents.  If she is self assured and confident CFO will probably be a breeze. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

Seminar at any office can get the sticker at NAIA.   

Some have done the seminar months ahead of the interview.   You drive that bus.  Start looking at available openings now and see if anything fits your timeline.   Slots do fill fast 

It added no additional time to our desired departure because we simply took care of it while we were waiting already for the visa interview 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.