Nicolerae

Has anyone obtained vaccine records from USCIS?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We are preparing everything for the medical exam coming up and I am missing documentation of a few vaccines. My partner previously emigrated to the US as a child around age 12 so he received any vaccinations he was missing then. Him and his mom both have no idea how to obtain these records, but I don't want him to needlessly get them again and have to pay for them when we know he's already had them. Does anyone have any tips on how I could possibly get this info? He doesn't remember any doctors he saw when living in the US for 10 years so I can't track it down that way. Does USCIS keep record of that sort of thing? Will they already know he's had the vaccines since he's technically already legally emigrated to the US in the past?? 

He's missing documentation for Hep A, MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Rotavirus (which says its for young children), and Varicella (which he's had the chickenpox already). Are we better off having the blood tests done to show immunity to MMR and Varicella and then just getting the Hep A vaccine again? 

Thanks! 

Vaccinations are done based on various factors of the beneficiary. Usually an adult beneficiary can expect a few vaccinations, maybe 3~, or more depending on situation. The CDC says getting a double dose of a vaccine is not dangerous, so you’re better off just getting the vaccines deemed required by the panel physician, especially if it’s been over 10 years since the last vaccination rounds.

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Get the blood test done. He won't need Hep A or B. Look at the list he only needs the ones listed for 18 and up. Plus the flu shot if it's flu season. They accept a verbal declaration of chicken pox. 

Trying to get USCIS to give you anything back is like pulling nails. Anything they see as a government document they will not give. When I tried to get forms back that is what they told me even though it was not the property of the US government. 

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

51 minutes ago, Nicolerae said:

We are preparing everything for the medical exam coming up and I am missing documentation of a few vaccines. My partner previously emigrated to the US as a child around age 12 so he received any vaccinations he was missing then. Him and his mom both have no idea how to obtain these records, but I don't want him to needlessly get them again and have to pay for them when we know he's already had them. Does anyone have any tips on how I could possibly get this info? He doesn't remember any doctors he saw when living in the US for 10 years so I can't track it down that way. Does USCIS keep record of that sort of thing? Will they already know he's had the vaccines since he's technically already legally emigrated to the US in the past?? 

He's missing documentation for Hep A, MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Rotavirus (which says its for young children), and Varicella (which he's had the chickenpox already). Are we better off having the blood tests done to show immunity to MMR and Varicella and then just getting the Hep A vaccine again? 

Thanks! 

You do not need documentation of what vaccinations have been administered. At the medical, the beneficiary will be interviewed, inspection of the skin for vaccination scars and blood taken. With those three they will determine what is needed. Don't know yourself out in trying to find something that isn't needed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You do not need documentation of what vaccinations have been administered. At the medical, the beneficiary will be interviewed, inspection of the skin for vaccination scars and blood taken. With those three they will determine what is needed. Don't know yourself out in trying to find something that isn't needed.

Hmm that's interesting. The clinic in our area that is registered with the US to do Visa medicals says to bring official records of any vaccinations you have had to the appointment. Is it possible this might vary by country? I found their email info so I've sent them an email to confirm. I will update the thread if/when I hear back. Thank you for your reply! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nicolerae said:

Hmm that's interesting. The clinic in our area that is registered with the US to do Visa medicals says to bring official records of any vaccinations you have had to the appointment. Is it possible this might vary by country? I found their email info so I've sent them an email to confirm. I will update the thread if/when I hear back. Thank you for your reply! 

Can't bring what you don't have.   If you have,  bring.

YMMV

2 minutes ago, Nicolerae said:

Every medical facility that administers vaccinations for the US Embassy will state if you have documentation bring it with you. I have yet in all my years see someone turned away because they didn't have their vaccination record from grade school. So, I stand by my original statement that it isn't needed. Of course you are free to ignore my advise and seek out your own. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nicolerae said:

Yes it varies, get the blood test and bring that to the clinic. 

7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Every medical facility that administers vaccinations for the US Embassy will state if you have documentation bring it with you. I have yet in all my years see someone turned away because they didn't have their vaccination record from grade school. So, I stand by my original statement that it isn't needed. Of course you are free to ignore my advise and seek out your own. Good luck.

Not true many clinics do not and you need to bring your records to the medical and if anything is missing you go get them with your doctor then fax them the proof.  We had to do exactly that for my youngest at the time,  the clinic did not do vaccines.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Yes it varies, get the blood test and bring that to the clinic. 

Not true many clinics do not and you need to bring your records to the medical and if anything is missing you go get them with your doctor then fax them the proof.  We had to do exactly that for my youngest at the time,  the clinic did not do vaccines.

If your Doctor died 10 years ago and his practice is no longer in business then I find that impossible to achieve what you advocate, going and getting the vaccination record from your Doctor. You can't produce what you can't produce. Most embassies will do the interview with skin evaluation and blood samples. Not trying to argue but I don't find the same attention to vaccinations then other items that are required for this process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If your Doctor died 10 years ago and his practice is no longer in business then I find that impossible to achieve what you advocate, going and getting the vaccination record from your Doctor. You can't produce what you can't produce. Most embassies will do the interview with skin evaluation and blood samples. Not trying to argue but I don't find the same attention to vaccinations then other items that are required for this process. 

Might as well just go and get the vaccinations done. Would be a pain to have the titers drawn and then having to go do it anyways and delaying the process

OP if the vaccinations were done 10 years ago, just go redo them. Tdap (you didnt mention this one, but is required for ages 18-64), requires a booster every 10 years anyway 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Yeah that makes sense. I just thought better to try my best to obtain it if it is possible than pay a fee for him to receive a bunch of vaccines he's already had just because I couldn't find the documentation. Would rather save myself the money later on by doing a little digging now. Thanks for your advice. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, designguy said:

Might as well just go and get the vaccinations done. Would be a pain to have the titers drawn and then having to go do it anyways and delaying the process

OP if the vaccinations were done 10 years ago, just go redo them. Tdap (you didnt mention this one, but is required for ages 18-64), requires a booster every 10 years anyway 

Yeah he just had a TDap booster in 2018 so that's all good. I've sent an email to the office who does the medical about the others so we'll see. Right now we're still waiting for NOA2 so I figured I'd get the vaccine part all taken care of now so there's no delay when the medical/interview time comes. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well you could get them in the US but would cost you an arm and a leg so get caught up and documented, presumably will be cheaper to do them before the exam.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I would say get the blood test and see what he needs, if anything. It's much more affordable if he has it done and receives vaccines at a local clinic than at the medical. If you can't get the record you can't get it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I could get my jabs for free, do not know how it works down under.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.