Ysl182

CEAC status Ready for 90 days then admin process.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my visa interview at the consulate general in Montréal for F2B class and after a few basic questions I was approved for the IV. At the interview CO kept my passport and handed me a green welcoming paper and a white paper with instruction on how to get my passport back from the courier. After the interview my ceac status remained as ready for 90 days and just now it’s has been updated to Administrative Processing. In the 90 days while my crack status was Ready I sent them one email asking how long it would take after the two week period, as I was told by the CO I would receive my passport and visa packet. And my father the partitioner has had the state congressman email the consulate as well. I should also mention I am a Pakistani citizen. The wait is absolutely nerve racking to say the least.

As you guys can probably guess now the question is what now? Any advice thoughts would be greatly appreciated.🙏🙏🙏

6E1BBDAA-D872-411E-B79B-A16935096372.jpeg

Edited by GXD

Nothing to do now but wait. AP covers all tasks after the interview. Th CEAC update to show AP now likely does not have a significant meaning.

No way to know how long AP will last. AP due to background checks - very common with Pakistan - can take several months or longer. Hopefully it's a shorter wait than longer one.

Best wishes.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
Just now, geowrian said:

Nothing to do now but wait. AP covers all tasks after the interview. Th CEAC update to show AP now likely does not have a significant meaning.

No way to know how long AP will last. AP due to background checks - very common with Pakistan - can take several months or longer. Hopefully it's a shorter wait than longer one.

Best wishes.

Thank you for a quick reply, god bless. But wasn’t it in administrative processing while in ready status. Because when I email them they said the case is undergoing final review by a consular officer?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi , my son and I had our interview on the 16 of December 2019. I was given 221g form to submit my father and step mom tax transcript. I never got back my passport. I did submit doc. on the 30 of December and on that same date I got an email that they have received my documents. On the 2 Jan my AP and Ready status was updated. Then on the 8 of January the Ready status was updated. 

I am told to wait....But you can email the embassy also. They probably just doing some extra security checks

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Okay so after from my last update I’ve been on ap for months and now this morning when I checked the status on ceac it says refused. 

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application. 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

but the what’s weird is that the date didn’t change from when my file was opened last time. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Look further down, it says:

If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.