Aye26

Can I change my parents status from B1 to permanent resident

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aye26 said:

Not intentionally after we’ve done some research if they allowed to stay and adjust status, the property they owned let them rent including the stuff inside the house. 

So you did the research, they rented it out, and then you came onto VJ to ask about what you apparently did the research on before they rented it out? Ok, I’m confused, unless they rented it out somewhere between your first post and a subsequent one, lol.

On insurance: Someone recently reported their insurance covered their parents, but I seem to recall they actually worked for one of the big health companies.  It’s extremely unusual otherwise.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

So you did the research, they rented it out, and then you came onto VJ to ask about what you apparently did the research on before they rented it out? Ok, I’m confused, unless they rented it out somewhere between your first post and a subsequent one, lol.

On insurance: Someone recently reported their insurance covered their parents, but I seem to recall they actually worked for one of the big health companies.  It’s extremely unusual otherwise.

I researched in social media and idea common friends  but I wanted to be sure what are actually form we needed. That would be awesome I work in healthcare but I dont know how parents go with insurance i gotta find out and also, insurance may need SSN? Which they dont have it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Aye26 said:

I researched in social media and idea common friends  but I wanted to be sure what are actually form we needed. That would be awesome I work in healthcare but I dont know how parents go with insurance i gotta find out and also, insurance may need SSN? Which they dont have it

Well a SSN is not needed but you may need to push the point, your State Exchange is likely to be a good place to start.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

SSN is not required for insurance. This is part of the ACA.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

SSN is not required for insurance. This is part of the ACA.

Ok, thanks for you response

13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well a SSN is not needed but you may need to push the point, your State Exchange is likely to be a good place to start.

Okay,good to know. Thanks for your response

4 hours ago, Aye26 said:

I wasn’t sure about insurance from work but I definitely look for them as they need it anyways

I have been an RN for 20 years, and I have never heard of any employer-based insurance that covers parents.  It is simply not a thing, and to assume they would be covered is very naive.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I have been an RN for 20 years, and I have never heard of any employer-based insurance that covers parents.  It is simply not a thing, and to assume they would be covered is very naive.

Good to know. Ty

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Assuming it is very naive but it is a thing.  And there is a first for everything.  If the parents  rely on them  for financial assistance and you provide the majority of their support you can include them if the plan allows and there are plans which do.  Prior to the tax law change it used to be if you could include them as a dependent on your tax return and the plan allows for it you can include them on your insurance. Again, you must demonstrate you are supporting them.

Adding a parent as a dependent for health insurance does exist, but is very uncommon. This is something the employer dictates in an employer-sponsored plan, not  the insurance company. The employer can also specify the requirements (age limits, any sort of employer-based contribution, etc.).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.