RamBam92

I-751 January 2020 Filers(merged)

463 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Jensti said:

What was the status before this? How long it took to schedule the interview?

The status before was Interview is ready to be scheduled since October 28th 2020.

Filed: Timeline

Here are 2 links that may be helpful to review- 

https://citizenpath.com/uscis-receipt-number-explained/  This explains in general how to decipher your 13 digit receipt number and what each part means.

https://www.dhs.gov/publication/uscis-processing-concurrently-pending-forms-n-400-and-forms-i-751 This was from Oct 2020 discussing concurrently pending 751s and n400 which may apply to many here. 

I received mail from USCIS today! Thought that it was going to tell me my interview date as according to the case tracker this was scheduled as of February 22nd. 

However it wasn't. It was a notice that my biometrics are going to be reused for my N400-case. So they worked on both of my cases in the same week! Could this indicate that my interview will be a combo-interview? It seems like the odds will be higher that it would be, right?

14 minutes ago, BFTE said:

I received mail from USCIS today! Thought that it was going to tell me my interview date as according to the case tracker this was scheduled as of February 22nd. 

However it wasn't. It was a notice that my biometrics are going to be reused for my N400-case. So they worked on both of my cases in the same week! Could this indicate that my interview will be a combo-interview? It seems like the odds will be higher that it would be, right?

Did you only submit last two year tax returns with N400? I saw that you mentioned you applied for N400 in December. I had been eligible since January but was waiting to submit my tax return for 2020 to be accepted so i could include it with my application. Is that even worth it? 

Edited by FK1

2 hours ago, FK1 said:

Did you only submit last two year tax returns with N400? I saw that you mentioned you applied for N400 in December. I had been eligible since January but was waiting to submit my tax return for 2020 to be accepted so i could include it with my application. Is that even worth it? 

Yes, only two. If you file online you can add the third one at any time later, which is what I'm going to do. So I wouldn't wait if I were you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Here's my timeline so far for I-751

- 1/24/2020: Received I-797 - conditional resident status extended for 18 months
- 1/31/2020: Recieved appointment for biometrics
- 2/18/2020: Biometrics completed

There is no update on my I-751 since biometrics were completed.

I checked my status on USCIS.GOV and this is the message I recieved:
"As of November 18, 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

My 18 month extension will be ending 9/26/2021.

Any advice?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pakman786 said:

Hi Guys,

Here's my timeline so far for I-751

- 1/24/2020: Received I-797 - conditional resident status extended for 18 months
- 1/31/2020: Recieved appointment for biometrics
- 2/18/2020: Biometrics completed

There is no update on my I-751 since biometrics were completed.

I checked my status on USCIS.GOV and this is the message I recieved:
"As of November 18, 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

My 18 month extension will be ending 9/26/2021.

Any advice?

It’s going to depend on how busy your local office is now. You can look up the processing time for I-485 for your office to get an idea.

Also, look up the MSC thread. There plenty of us in the same boat.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

On 2/25/2021 at 5:27 PM, BFTE said:

Following up on the above - got my interview notice today - my interview is on March 30th. 

Anyone any opinion on the above in my quote? What would be the chances of a combo-interview with my N400?

• 4 weeks later...

I became a citizen today! Filed my N400 on 12/29/2020, had my interview today 03/30/2021.

I was initially scheduled for my I-751 but once in the room I inquired about my N400 and asked if they could conduct that one today as well.

They agreed, they did my N400 interview after they approved my I751 on the spot and I had a same-day oath ceremony as well.

Extremely happy that the journey ends for me here. Thanks Visajourney for all the help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello all , i am a January filler too, my case changed to ready in december and filled n400 and had a combo interview yesterday, i started with n400 interview it was very easy finished in almost 5 min than he moved to i751, he was very rude and all he wanted is to see something to deny the case, he insisted why we dont have a joint bank account, i asked him we have a joint tax return he answerd that he doesnt care about tax return it is financially benefit to file joint , he looked at pictures with sarcastic face, showed him the  lease agreement he said that show him just we are roommate, he did not asked anything else not even one basic question he went just with proofs of what we sent he did not even asked about birth certificate of daughter, i asked him if he want to interview my wife too she is in  the waiting room inside he said no , he ended up that he needs more time and will receive his decision in mail in 30 days, what really scares a little that whenever we go through proofs he seems not convinced and telling that this is not helping your case even we have one child. any thoughts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.