dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2020

1,112 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

ROOKIE QUESTION but..

When uploading civil documents for the IV Package- Only Beneficiary Civil Documents? No Petitioner civil documents, right?

After browsing through searches here, I'm pretty confident the answer is just beneficiary documents that are required. But wanted first hand experience from people freshly in it.

Is it wise to upload petitioner civil documents anyway as additional docs? to cover all bases...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

ROOKIE QUESTION but..

When uploading civil documents for the IV Package- Only Beneficiary Civil Documents? No Petitioner civil documents, right?

After browsing through searches here, I'm pretty confident the answer is just beneficiary documents that are required. But wanted first hand experience from people freshly in it.

Is it wise to upload petitioner civil documents anyway as additional docs? to cover all bases...

Yes, only beneficiary's civil documents, except the petitioner's divorce decree if it applies to you. No need to upload petitioner civil documents :) 

Hello everyone!  Quick question!  I just don't want to make any mistakes that may cause RFE.  Since I'm the petitioner, I filled out an I-864 for my husband, however, I will not be sponsoring him because of lack of income.  The person that will be sponsoring my husband is not related to me.  She files taxes jointly with her husband.  So I looked on the CEAC website, and I need to add her husband as a family member because of the fact that they file together.  He needs to fill out an i-864a.  The below is copied from the website.  Do I need to provide their marriage certificate?  Or is the fact that they file taxes together enough to prove their relationship to one another.  It says that their tax returns are sufficient if my husband is listed as a dependent, which he obviously is not.  It is hard for her to currently provide me with her marriage certificate.  Please help!  

To add a household member, enter his or her information below. Please attach the household member's Form I-864A and "Proof of Relationship", which may include one of the following documents to show the household member's relationship to the sponsor or joint sponsor (the person who filed Form I-864):

• Birth certificate
  • Marriage certificate
  • Adoption certificate
  • The petitioner or joint sponsor’s most recent federal income tax returns (if you are listed as a dependent)
  • A signed, written statement describing the relationship.

Once the household member has been added to your case (this could take up to one hour to display), please upload the household member’s supporting documents, such as tax forms or W-2 forms, and submit the documents for review.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Yeah, I know... needed the uk one too cause I lived there when younger.. that was accepted no worries... this is definitely an NVC issue

Hey, can you confirm how long it took to receive your UK police clearance in the mail?  I had to get one too and didn't realize until last minute :(

58 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hey, can you confirm how long it took to receive your UK police clearance in the mail?  I had to get one too and didn't realize until last minute :(

Took 15 days “express” mail to Aus 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, slp said:

Feel bad posting this considering the wait others have had...

Our initial document submission was on January 10th and we got the DQ notice today.

Don't feel bad, that is the way it is. People on the forum know perfectly that there are no rules.

Very happy for you ! Good luck with the rest of the process and your new life in the USA :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

There may be one option to speed it up if you're outside the UK - Use the 4 day service and then have someone in the UK mail it to you using the 48 / 72 hours service be aware, you'll pay for it. However, I think you would need to have your current address in the UK, which I think is still possible if you have parents or someone receiving your mail.

I hope the thought helps, I kind of wish I was onboard realising that I would have access to pay right away from NVC receiving the package. My understanding was that it could take a few weeks from them receiving it to actually set it all up for log in.

Kind regards.  Matt

34 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

There may be one option to speed it up if you're outside the UK - Use the 4 day service and then have someone in the UK mail it to you using the 48 / 72 hours service be aware, you'll pay for it. However, I think you would need to have your current address in the UK, which I think is still possible if you have parents or someone receiving your mail.

I hope the thought helps, I kind of wish I was onboard realising that I would have access to pay right away from NVC receiving the package. My understanding was that it could take a few weeks from them receiving it to actually set it all up for log in.

Kind regards.  Matt

I used the same service.. express processing and then express postage.. 15 days cost me around $180 by memory 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Six more countries added to travel ban..

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51335011

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.