dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2020

1,112 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jesula said:

Did anyone have to wait more then 8 weeks for a DQ

I’ll be 8 weeks on Monday 😕

2 hours ago, Jmeleecur said:

that is SOOO frustrating. After I finally was able to get the payment through they both say processing now. Can you click on Email receipts at the bottom of the Fees page? I emailed myself both the receipts after (which took several minutes to receive). You have to select each one individually too. See if you're able to do that, that would confirm payment went through! 

Screen-Shot-2020-01-24-at-12_21.26-PM.thumb.jpg.2ecd117b5af5cadd46127de33f388a81.jpg

This happened to me in October ... they let me pay fees but the website was down for nearly 2 weeks... I read on a Facebook forum that people were experiencing issues again.. so I would just give it a couple of days unfortunately 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, LilyJ said:

CR1 and IR1 are processed and treated the exact same since the only difference is how long you’ve been married by time of interview

I am not sure if IR1 and CR1 is processed differently but there is a big difference apart from that which is with CR1 you get conditional resident visa meaning you have to remove the condition before your visa expires (the duration of this visa is 2 years) at which point you will be given IR1 Visa. So if you started the process as CR1 but if at the time of your interview its already been two years since you have been married, you should ask for IR1 visa as that will be one step less in future. Also this way down in future but I think you can get citizenship after three years with IR1 visa as compared to 5 years with CR1 visa (I am not 100 percent sure on the last part)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jesula said:

Did anyone have to wait more then 8 weeks for a DQ

NVC is 9 weeks behind as of Jan 21st 2020. 

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Nnmm193 said:

Does the consulate officer change the visa type by that time or how does that happen?

If you are married for 2 years or more at the time of the interview the CO will issue you an IR1. Less than 2 years, CR1. At time of entering the US, you’ll receive a 10 year green card if married 2 years or more by the time you enter on your visa (even if you were married less than 2 years at the interview if you are married 2 years or more by the time you enter), 2 year green card if married less than 2 years

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Renere said:

I am not sure if IR1 and CR1 is processed differently but there is a big difference apart from that which is with CR1 you get conditional resident visa meaning you have to remove the condition before your visa expires (the duration of this visa is 2 years) at which point you will be given IR1 Visa. So if you started the process as CR1 but if at the time of your interview its already been two years since you have been married, you should ask for IR1 visa as that will be one step less in future. Also this way down in future but I think you can get citizenship after three years with IR1 visa as compared to 5 years with CR1 visa (I am not 100 percent sure on the last part)

Yes I know about conditional residency however the visa process for CR1 and IR1 are still the exact same process. The visas are one entry only. There’s no conditional resident “visa” as the CR1/IR1 is only used to enter and then after that it’s your green card. The actual visa itself is only good for 6 months from your medical. Once you become a permanent resident you receive 2 year or 10 year green card depending on the age of the marriage at entry to the US. Even if you received a CR1 at the interview you can still get a 10 year green card if you have been married 2+ years when you actually enter the US. You don’t have to “upgrade” it. The last part is incorrect entirely. Whether or not you entered on a CR1 or IR1 doesn’t matter, all that matters is that you are married to a US citizen and have been married to the same US citizen the entirety of your 3 years as a permanent resident that allows you to apply for citizenship after 3 years. Those who do not meet the citizenship criteria for being married to a US citizen must wait 5 years. 

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Yes I know about conditional residency however the visa process for CR1 and IR1 are still the exact same process. The visas are one entry only. There’s no conditional resident “visa” as the CR1/IR1 is only used to enter and then after that it’s your green card. The actual visa itself is only good for 6 months from your medical. Once you become a permanent resident you receive 2 year or 10 year green card depending on the age of the marriage at entry to the US. Even if you received a CR1 at the interview you can still get a 10 year green card if you have been married 2+ years when you actually enter the US. You don’t have to “upgrade” it. The last part is incorrect entirely. Whether or not you entered on a CR1 or IR1 doesn’t matter, all that matters is that you are married to a US citizen and have been married to the same US citizen the entirety of your 3 years as a permanent resident that allows you to apply for citizenship after 3 years. Those who do not meet the citizenship criteria for being married to a US citizen must wait 5 years. 

you are right, I am wrong about the last part. Although I did read this post on facebook (I know the reliability of the source is weak)where the couples age of marriage was more than 2 years but they told her, she will get conditional green card at the port of entry and then she had to fight for a permanent one, long story short just keep an eye on the age of your marriage as that could save lot of headaches later on. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quick question for somebody that might know better:

I got my passport renewed this month even though it was good for another 1.5 years cause I didn't wanna go through the hassle of renewing it in America. Currently waiting for DQ.

Do I have to let NVC know? Or is it an issue that doesn't really matter as long as I have both the old and new passport at interview?

56 minutes ago, Kat and ale said:

Any update for IR1 interview letters Mumbai???

More than 40 people received interview letters yesterday. There DQ date was late October 2019 and very early November 2019. Its moving!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, SSP01 said:

More than 40 people received interview letters yesterday. There DQ date was late October 2019 and very early November 2019. Its moving!

So do u know if it was for ir1 or cr1 please help??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.