Voice of Reason

The derailment exempt thread

1,436 posts in this topic

The old dog needed the rest of his vaccinations, and since I was in the ER over the weekend (non-COVID thankfully) I gave strict instructions to a relative to remind the tech to please give him a steroid injection, because he always has a bad reaction. What do I find when I get out of the hospital? Dog is miserable and can barely move without screaming. I don't know what it is.. if they hit a nerve or the tissues swell or it's just a part of his bad roach-back. Anyway of course they did not remind the tech and I really don't feel like hauling the poor guy all the way back there for more $$$s. If I wrap his back in a heating pad on low he does seem to relax more at least. 

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And our dog was back at the vet today.  Dental cleaning and observation.  Vet called me at lunch time and told me she was doing great.  The murmur had actually decreased in sound and that her medication is working.  We discussed the episode that occurred over Labor day weekend.  We decided since she has heart problems she likely had a few skipped beats that lowered oxygen and nutrients to her brain and she essentially passed out.  He told me it will likely happen again but she should be good for another year or two.  Told me she was ready to pick up.  Wouldn't you know he called me back about two hours later and said he will personally bring the dog to our office at the end of the day because..... he had a crown come loose and needed it recemented.  

Spent more time talking about our respective time fishing in the Keys than talking about the dog.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Neonred said:

crown come loose

While driving in west Texas, I saw a road sign that said, "Loose Cattle."

My first reaction was, "They should have better morals!"

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Please, for the love of all that is normal in this world, just stop.  You make everyday "dad jokes" seem hilarious.

9 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

No bad actually 

Kind like , why dont cannibals  eat clowns?

Because they taste funny 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

No bad actually 

Kind like , why dont cannibals  eat clowns?

Because they taste funny 

Not kinda like.  Original vs. stale.

"How many people are we having for dinner tonight, Dear?" asked the cannibal.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

15 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Not kinda like.  Original vs. stale.

"How many people are we having for dinner tonight, Dear?" asked the cannibal.

1+ (Virtual Rep point) T-13

Hey everyone -- I can see I have a lot to catch up on. I had an accident earlier this week -- basically I decided that I thought it was better not to trouble Al to put a stockpot up in a high cabinet and instead I used a stepstool and climbed on the counter. I missed my footing on the stool on my way down and fell on the floor. I tried to break my fall and ended up spraining my shoulder and hitting my head (lightly). Al was very worried about what I knew was only a sprain at most but he took me to urgent care. No concussion, just the sprain. I've been resting, icing, compressing, etc. I got some great pain meds :lol: and have been snoozing a lot, watching TV and listening to audiobooks, and falling asleep watching TV and listening to audiobooks. Still in pain, but I've started doing stretching exercises that were recommended. Typing has become mostly tolerable now. The doctor promised me I won't need the ace bandage soon enough, I just need to take it easy. Been eating delivery and Clif bars since cooking hasn't been on the agenda. Al managed soup AND a sandwich for me today though. Don't feel much like eating though.

Very sad about RBG, I know I've said many times she is a role model for me. Just another bit of sad on top of feeling pretty awful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

I tried to break my fall and ended up spraining my shoulder and hitting my head (lightly).

stop doing that - it will make you vote for biden.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

11 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

stop doing that - it will make you vote for biden.

Don't worry, I was already brain damaged -- I married Voldy, didn't I? :P 

It sucks though because I still need to choose something to wear for the wedding (I sent back the one I selected earlier) and I can't exactly move my shoulder well enough to try on dresses. Wedding is in five weeks and no dress, fantastic planning, Layla, as ever. We're planning on a "real" reception in 2022 at this rate anyway -- more than enough time to pick my "real" dress. Al said unions are best in the nude anyway, and when I pointed out that I wasn't going to show up naked to my wedding in front of my family, he said not that kind of union. 

Pretty sure you have a few dresses is your closet now.  No need to waste a bunch of money on some dress you're only going to wear once.  You could use all that money you'd save to buy Alex that gun he has been wanting as a wedding gift.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Pretty sure you have a few dresses is your closet now.  No need to waste a bunch of money on some dress you're only going to wear once.

Guys are always so practical.  I know my wife has worn her "wedding dress" a couple of times.  Haven't seen it lately so she may have sold it on ebay.  LOL.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Pretty sure you have a few dresses is your closet now.  No need to waste a bunch of money on some dress you're only going to wear once.  You could use all that money you'd save to buy Alex that gun he has been wanting as a wedding gift.

1 hour ago, Neonred said:

Guys are always so practical.  I know my wife has worn her "wedding dress" a couple of times.  Haven't seen it lately so she may have sold it on ebay.  LOL.

Yeah, Al was puzzled why I need one if there's only a few of us going to be there. I want something special to remember the day by, AND something I can wear again. (It was never going to be a big white puffball anyway.) And yes, I have plenty of dresses (though I donated a lot when I moved north) but having a nice new dress is a lovely treat. It's not like I get to dress up and go anywhere these days. :)

Still very sore today, but I am noticing some improvement. I'm moving over from the painkiller to ibuprofen today, no need to stay on something strong if I don't need to. 

Well kudos to you for buying something practical.  When we got married, I told my fiancée her limit on a dress was $100.  So she bought THREE dresses for $100.  Love her frugality.

So since you are being so cheap on the dress, you DO have money to buy Alex that gun he's been wanting.  Are you thinking 9mm or .40 cal?