Voice of Reason

The derailment exempt thread

1,436 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They need to come up with a new name, for some reason gender reveal makes me think of changing gender.

Came across this gorgeous view of California at night:

article-6958-1.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

They need to come up with a new name, for some reason gender reveal makes me think of changing gender.

article-6958-1.jpg

Not far from the truth. There was a lot of smoke as I drove on the 330 and 18, but it's not bad here at all. I have the windows open and it's very pleasant. I'll see what it's like later when I've got the hot tub going this evening.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Not far from the truth. There was a lot of smoke as I drove on the 330 and 18, but it's not bad here at all. I have the windows open and it's very pleasant. I'll see what it's like later when I've got the hot tub going this evening.

So you have electricity or is this wood fired?.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Electricity. No phone service here, which is fine by me. 

How are you posting, can you not connect your phone?

tenor.gif

Nah, there's wifi here. FAR more important than phone -- I can always use WhatsApp to make phone calls. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

article-6958-1.jpg

Defective photo doesn't show forest fires!  Reported!!!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/27/2020 at 7:14 PM, TBoneTX said:

Children and sick pets will change your schedule, si and sigh Y ma'am.

Sounds like you have a very sick doggie.  Having recently been through that with a cat, I'd get him to ANY vet right away.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:31 AM, yuna628 said:

Pup is at the vet this morning. After holding down some food he finally allowed momma to sleep and get some sleep himself. Waiting to hear something from the vet, because we aren't allowed in.

OK, now it's time for my dog rant.  We have a 12 year old 7 pound Maltese, Lola, that has been a wonderful pet.  About a year ago she started coughing often and the vet let us know she had an enlarged heart with a significant murmur.  We have been controlling this with medications, but lately she is coughing more again.

This past long weekend we were in the Keys and away from our vet.  Friday she seemed a little down.  Didn't eat all day and wouldn't do anything when I took her out.  Late afternoon went down to Key West and when we returned she seemed happy to see us, doing her little happy dance.  I walked out onto the porch and heard my wife screaming hysterically.  Ran back in to see Lola struggling a few steps with her front legs as her back legs were limp as if paralyzed.  She then collapsed to the floor and promptly lost control of her bladder.  I thought for sure it was the end.  Picked her up and held her for a moment and then had my wife hold her.  She survived and perked up a little.  Was so worried all night and kept checking to see if she was still alive.  Seemed as if she had a small seizure.  She is mostly recovered but is starting to act like an older dog.  

Will be seeing the vet tomorrow.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Neonred said:

seeing the vet tomorrow.

Report afterwards, please.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
1 minute ago, TBoneTX said:

Report afterwards, please.

We all know how this eventually ends...  and my wife is going to be a basket case.  This is her baby.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Neonred said:

OK, now it's time for my dog rant.  We have a 12 year old 7 pound Maltese, Lola, that has been a wonderful pet.  About a year ago she started coughing often and the vet let us know she had an enlarged heart with a significant murmur.  We have been controlling this with medications, but lately she is coughing more again.

This past long weekend we were in the Keys and away from our vet.  Friday she seemed a little down.  Didn't eat all day and wouldn't do anything when I took her out.  Late afternoon went down to Key West and when we returned she seemed happy to see us, doing her little happy dance.  I walked out onto the porch and heard my wife screaming hysterically.  Ran back in to see Lola struggling a few steps with her front legs as her back legs were limp as if paralyzed.  She then collapsed to the floor and promptly lost control of her bladder.  I thought for sure it was the end.  Picked her up and held her for a moment and then had my wife hold her.  She survived and perked up a little.  Was so worried all night and kept checking to see if she was still alive.  Seemed as if she had a small seizure.  She is mostly recovered but is starting to act like an older dog.  

Sorry m8.  It always sucks losing a loved one.  Our best to you both.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:17 PM, Neonred said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. How did things go with the dog?

How is everyone doing? Just stopping by for a little bit, no heart yet to dive into the pages of threads so far.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
On 9/8/2020 at 8:17 PM, Neonred said:

Our Yellow Lab Dasha, spoiled rotten by both my wife and myself, had a little incident herself last week.  Both Tuesday and Thursday evening she got up several times during the night needing to go outside.  Luckily for me, I am a heavy sleeper, so if fell on the wife to do the deed with her.  Upon investigation, she seemed to be having a bout of diarrhea, and after inspection I saw some red in the deposit.  Being concerned, I called the vet and took a sample there, no blood, but apparently raspberry skins.  I had made my wife some raspberry bread, and she shared some with Dasha both Tuesday and Thursday morning.  After a little research I found that raspberries are not absolutely bad for dogs in moderation, but in excess, it can cause stomach irritation, and the bread had a lot of smashed up raspberries in it.  Dasha is back to normal now at least for her.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, yuna628 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. How did things go with the dog?

How is everyone doing? Just stopping by for a little bit, no heart yet to dive into the pages of threads so far.

She went to the vet last week.  He was very concerned about what happened and did some testing.  EKG and blood work.  When my wife picked her up last week the vet had already left to go down to the Keys (much as I do many weekends).  He is also a patient of mine and a friend so my wife sent him a text, but no real word yet.  I did get a look briefly at the results but did not study the EKG.  Most notable was the elevated alkaline phosphatase enzyme, which she has had most of her life due to Cushing's disease.  Lately she has been her normal self.  Eating well and wanting to go outside.  

My vet patient is actually our new vet.  I've known him over 25 years and he is very good but we had been using another nice guy I've also know for about the same length of time, and he is only a block away.   First vet just listened to her heart and said "yes she has a heart murmur.  Give her these pills"   When I took her to my patient he did a very extensive exam, EKG, X-ray, and blood work.  He showed me everything including how enlarged her heart was.  We discussed the elevated alkaline phosphatase and he suspected Cushing's.  He later did another test that confirmed this.  First vet did none of this.  

Best of all, my vet patient has a big bill with me for 5 implant crowns!  This is working out just fine.

Timeline

I have a friend who's both a veterinarian and a taxidermist.  His slogan is, "Either way, you get your dog back."