USA1234

I751 interview in Pittsburgh

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We have an I751 interview Monday, Nov. 5th in NY.

Good Luck tomorrow!!! ;)

Wish us luck. We're interviewing for the I751 also tomorrow! I'm about to start hyperventilating, but trying to keep it together.

Good luck to you too tomorrow!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
So the applicants from 'CUBA' and 'MOROCCO" get requested for interview, same as if it were Iraq, Iran , or North Korea, its because of your country of origin guys...

I don't know if they do or not, but here's what happened today:

First, we had to get the nastiest unprofessional, female in the USCIS building. So much for luck!

Our attorney, and we got called in, she didn't even swear us in, she asked me to wait outside. Then she battered my wife (USC) with questions, which were answered truthfully, even though she may have a missed a couple. 45 minutes later, she comes out and call me again, and asked my wife to wait outside. Remember, she didn't swear us in, and she said "let me remind you that you're under oath" lol. Then she proceeded to ask me the same questions she asked my wife, and I was looking at her writing the answers while answering, and this hostile, unmannered, and nasty officer said "are you reading my notes?" I said no I'm not reading your notes. Then she asked me to sit in the back chair away from her desk and proceeded asking questions, all were answered truthfully and correctly (missed one or 2 but not cause for concern). When I first applied for AOS, I didn't register under the special registration NSEERS program because the Arabic notice they were publishing said that persons who entered the U.S. on or after Sept 2002 are required to register, it was supposed to say persons who came to the U.S. on or before Sept 2002 are required to register. This was explained in the AOS process, and I was given an opportunity after the AOS interview to register with ICE which I did, and I had proof with me and she has it in my case also (A computer print from ICE showing my picture, information, FIN, and stating that I complied with NSEERS), but this snob lady didn't even look at it, and said "when you register, they stamp your I94 with a FIN number," I said the I94 was taken away by you during the AOS interview, so when we went to ICE, this is the proof they provided us and this is the proof which your agency accepted then, and granted my conditional residence. She then said "I will check with ICE," we're finished here. So what happened, we went through a stokes interview, which she doesn't have anything to say about, and can't deny our case because even a little baby can tell from our paperwork that we're truly married. Our attorney said that they can't deny based on the answers from the interview because they were mostly identical answers, they're going to check with ICE and notify us by mail, hopefully by the end of the week. I never thought the U.S. government would hire people like that to represent them. What kind of signal does this send to immigrants? USCIS motto is Respect, Integrity, Ingenuity, but they don't show respect or integrity in either processing or treatment of immigrants. My wife is so upset with this lady that she's going to file a complaint with USCIS and even further. I'm waiting till the end of the week to hear back, if we don't here anything, then I'll have my attorney check with lady again, and to court we go if this lady tries to play smart.

So sorry you had such a nasty experience. That woman sounds awful. I am sure her bark is worse than her bite!

Hope you get good news at the end of the week.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hate to say it, but these kind of interviews seem to be intentionally "nasty" as a tactic to determine if you both get tripped up under stress and reveal info you were trying to hide. Hope you hear good news soon.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I never thought the U.S. government would hire people like that to represent them. What kind of signal does this send to immigrants? USCIS motto is Respect, Integrity, Ingenuity, but they don't show respect or integrity in either processing or treatment of immigrants. My wife is so upset with this lady that she's going to file a complaint with USCIS and even further.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I hope that the attitude of your officer doesn't have an influence on the final outcome of your case.

Any USCIS motto will always be less important than the structural frame, which is:

- clients are not US citizens (yet) - when have you ever heard that the better treatment by the USCIS was part of an election campaign?

- most of us go into the process, suffer a bit, and want out as soon as possible, never to look back, especially not years later, as US citizens

- congress doesn't care much about USCIS as long as they don't spend more money than they receive in fees and as long as US congresspersons can "mentor" people into citizenship who might afterwards vote for them out of gratitude (if the system wouldn't be so bad, there would be less reason to intervene and less reason for gratitude)

Timeline
I never thought the U.S. government would hire people like that to represent them. What kind of signal does this send to immigrants? USCIS motto is Respect, Integrity, Ingenuity, but they don't show respect or integrity in either processing or treatment of immigrants. My wife is so upset with this lady that she's going to file a complaint with USCIS and even further.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I hope that the attitude of your officer doesn't have an influence on the final outcome of your case.

Any USCIS motto will always be less important than the structural frame, which is:

- clients are not US citizens (yet) - when have you ever heard that the better treatment by the USCIS was part of an election campaign?

- most of us go into the process, suffer a bit, and want out as soon as possible, never to look back, especially not years later, as US citizens

- congress doesn't care much about USCIS as long as they don't spend more money than they receive in fees and as long as US congresspersons can "mentor" people into citizenship who might afterwards vote for them out of gratitude (if the system wouldn't be so bad, there would be less reason to intervene and less reason for gratitude)

I agree, but what kind of organization doesn't honor its mission statement whether it's a governmental agency or not? Whether the subject is a USC is irrelevant in this case, because she treated my wife who is a USC the same way. I think that these types of officers think that they have the green light to abuse their authority, and get away with it.

I agree with the other post too, stokes is supposed to be a tough experience, but it has to be conducted in a professional manner, not as if the beneficiary and the applicant are criminals on trial for murder or war crimes. My point here is that anybody who applies for a benefit or a USC should be treated equally in a dignified manner, after all, we are all human beings, whether you're from the U.S. or Rwanda.

Wow, the ####### from hell. I hope you get a positive answer very soon and that bozo breaks a leg :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

i am so sorry that your interview was so horrible.... i have mine in december and i am just praying that they dont tear me into pieces....What kind of questions were they asking you for 45 Minutes? if you dont mind sharing.

Timeline
i am so sorry that your interview was so horrible.... i have mine in december and i am just praying that they dont tear me into pieces....What kind of questions were they asking you for 45 Minutes? if you dont mind sharing.

Your name/ Wife's name

Date of birth/ wife's date of birth

What did you do on her last birthday? I blacked out for a secs but remembered and answered after the 2nd question. Did you buy her a gift? Of course I did, my wife was very nervous that she started talking about our anniversary lol since they're all close, my birthday is in July, hers in August, and wedding anniversary is in Sept. She said no I didn't buy her a gift lol (I did and have receipts still to prove it if they bring it up).

how many brothers and sisters does she have?

when did you meet? I told this lady, and she said "you remember the date from six yrs ago?" I said you don't forget when you met someone you love (What a moron!)

Where did you meet?

How did you meet?

When did you call her after your first meeting? I said after the holidays, I called her a couple of days after we met on Dec 13th and arranged to talk after the holidays which we did, but I just didn't think of that call when someone as nasty as this lady is looking at you with a face full of acne, and devilish eyes. My wife said a couple of days after we met.

Last movie you watched? where did you watch it?

What do you do for fun together? answered, then what's your favorite soccer team?

When did you get married? where? who attended?

When did you move in with her?

What’s your previous address together?

Address before the previous? lol

Hvae long have you live in each address?

Do you get along with her family?

Name 2 of your co-workers? (this idiot officer is looking for someone we both know and instead of asking for it, she just said name 2 of your co-workers, we both said different names because I have 148 co-workers in my department lol).

Where did you get your wedding rings?

When did you get them?

Do you live in an apartment or house?

When did you move from MD to WA? How long did you stay in WA?

When did you move to PA? How long have you been in PA?

Was the retail business you had in WA established when you bought it or did you open it for the first time?

Why did you move to PA?

Have you ever met his family? When?

Has she ever met your family? When?

Last time you went on vacation? where did you go?

Who paid for the vacation?

Were your family ok with the marriage? and her family?

Have you ever been under immigration proceedings?

After that, I had the irrelevant NSEERS question, which I'm sure you don't care about.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Sorry about your unpleasant experience at your interview. Ours was slightly less unpleasant. I am posting because when I was looking for a heads up on what to expect at the I751 interview there didn't seem to be a lot of info available. Hopefully if someone needs some guidance in the future they will find this thread.

We waited 2 1/2 hours to be called. They didn't separate us. She had a strong accent and was difficult to understand. She started by having us raise our right hands and taking an oath to tell the truth. Her demeanor was pleasant and conversational - although her conversation obviously had an underlying purpose. She said that we were called for an interview because we hadn't sent enough proof of relationship with the I175 application.

She asked the following questions, it wasn't clear who she wanted to answer but I let my husband take the lead since it is his application.

How did you meet?

How long did you know each other before getting married?

Have you travelled together, Where did you go?

What do you do for a living?

Name the people in this photo (noticing I had some photos with me...)

Have you ever gotten mad and walked out?

Have you ever had an argument and talked about divorce?

Do either of you have children, how old is your daughter?

-She seemed very intent to verify our income, saying that the Income Tax Returns we had submitted weren't valid without the W2. Luckily I had brought the W2s. (She also stated that she thinks I make too much money for what I do - which honestly left me feeling disrespected and believe me, I dont make a lot of money.)

-My husband yawned and she investigated this very thoroughly. She wanted to know what he did last night to be so tired. Was he up all night worrying about the interview? She warned him to be careful about yawning because yawning can be misunderstood and taken to be a sign of drug abuse. (It is true that yawning can be a sign of opiate withdrawl and I give her credit for knowing that but considering the context, it would be more likely to be a sign of having waited 2 1/2 hours to be called....)

She asked us for the following documents, none of which we have. For future reference for anyone who is reading this, this is apparently what would really make them happy to see with the I175:

Joint Mortgage or lease

Common life insurance policy

Car insurance policy

Child's birth certificate

A warning. Our appointment letter only stated that we should bring the originals of all documents previously submitted. (Now I understand that this only refers to documents submitted in support of the I175, at least in this case.) The letter did NOT say to bring additional proof of relationship. In fact the appointment letter didn't say anything else, except show up on this date. Luckily, I decided to bring along some photos and our tax files and recent bank and utility statements. Giving her the W2s, some photos, updated utility bills, updated medical insurance claims and bank account statements satisfied her. If we had followed what was stated in the letter and brought only what was previously submitted, it would have been a problem. She wanted to keep the photos and I told her no because they are the only copies we have and we weren't told we had to give them any new originals. (If we had known, I would have copies made to submit.) She disputed this, but what the letter states is very clear.

At the end she stamped a 1 year extension in his passport, said he can use this to travel and said to expect the 10 year green card in 6-8 weeks. (They had taken his greencard when we checked in.)

Hope this helps someone else, and mysweets, hope things go well for you too...

2NS

I-130 NOA1: 9/17/04

He picks up packet in Havana: late March/05

Interview at US Interests in Hav: 4/26/05

Informed of need for second security check

Dept of State completes security check: 5/17/05

He picks up Visa: 5/26/05

Arrived 7/22/05

Applied for removal of GC conditions 4/07

Interview for application to remove GC conditions 11/07

Received 10 year GC 12/07

Timeline
Sorry about your unpleasant experience at your interview. Ours was slightly less unpleasant. I am posting because when I was looking for a heads up on what to expect at the I751 interview there didn't seem to be a lot of info available. Hopefully if someone needs some guidance in the future they will find this thread.

We waited 2 1/2 hours to be called. They didn't separate us. She had a strong accent and was difficult to understand. She started by having us raise our right hands and taking an oath to tell the truth. Her demeanor was pleasant and conversational - although her conversation obviously had an underlying purpose. She said that we were called for an interview because we hadn't sent enough proof of relationship with the I175 application.

She asked the following questions, it wasn't clear who she wanted to answer but I let my husband take the lead since it is his application.

How did you meet?

-She seemed very intent to verify our income, saying that the Income Tax Returns we had submitted weren't valid without the W2. Luckily I had brought the W2s. (She also stated that she thinks I make too much money for what I do - which honestly left me feeling disrespected and believe me, I dont make a lot of money.)

-My husband yawned and she investigated this very thoroughly. She wanted to know what he did last night to be so tired. Was he up all night worrying about the interview? She warned him to be careful about yawning because yawning can be misunderstood and taken to be a sign of drug abuse. (It is true that yawning can be a sign of opiate withdrawl and I give her credit for knowing that but considering the context, it would be more likely to be a sign of having waited 2 1/2 hours to be called....)

She asked us for the following documents, none of which we have. For future reference for anyone who is reading this, this is apparently what would really make them happy to see with the I175:

Joint Mortgage or lease

Car insurance policy

A warning. Our appointment letter only stated that we should bring the originals of all documents previously submitted. (Now I understand that this only refers to documents submitted in support of the I175, at least in this case.) The letter did NOT say to bring additional proof of relationship. In fact the appointment letter didn't say anything else, except show up on this date. Luckily, I decided to bring along some photos and our tax files and recent bank and utility statements. Giving her the W2s, some photos, updated utility bills, updated medical insurance claims and bank account statements satisfied her. If we had followed what was stated in the letter and brought only what was previously submitted, it would have been a problem. She wanted to keep the photos and I told her no because they are the only copies we have and we weren't told we had to give them any new originals. (If we had known, I would have copies made to submit.) She disputed this, but what the letter states is very clear.

At the end she stamped a 1 year extension in his passport, said he can use this to travel and said to expect the 10 year green card in 6-8 weeks. (They had taken his greencard when we checked in.)

2NS

Congratulations! Wish us luck! I spoke to our attorney, and we're going to wait till Friday and see if we receive anything from USCIS, and we're going to file a complaint with this person's director for misconduct in the way she treated us and conducted the interview.

Timeline

How did you meet?

Joint Mortgage or lease

Car insurance policy

2NS

Congratulations! Wish us luck! I spoke to our attorney, and we're going to wait till Friday and see if we receive anything from USCIS, and we're going to file a complaint with this person's director for misconduct in the way she treated us and conducted the interview.

Did anybody in this forum ever file a complaint against a USCIS employee? if so, please sahe your experiences.

Timeline

How did you meet?

Joint Mortgage or lease

Car insurance policy

2NS

Did anybody in this forum ever file a complaint against a USCIS employee? if so, please share your experiences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.