Ontarkie

Rante Macabre

2,986 posts in this topic

Hope Mrs TB is recovering well

Just popped in to say hello 👋 and hope you are all well

Congratulations to @Scottish MernymphMernymphMernymphMMerMernymMernyMernymphMernymphMernymphMMerMernymMerny (why does it do this every time!)

How's Mini Dave and momma ?

Thinking of you a lot @cdneh 

I am back at work but only because the government has lots of strings attached to the funding, it's very quiet in the airport 

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I get so frustrated with the in-laws'  I130s/ NVC processing. 

I do everything, pay for everything, and it's like pulling teeth getting any cooperation from the wife and her family. 

Who's I-130s are these?? 

It's like I'm inconveniencing them.....

You believe this ####? 

22 minutes ago, SAT said:

I do everything, pay for everything, and it's like pulling teeth getting any cooperation from the wife and her family. 

Who's I-130s are these?? 

You believe this ####? 

No its weird.  You could just ask once and then do nothing else. Be like I told you what I needed, you have a year. If its important you'll do it otherwise Im not helping. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

No its weird.  You could just ask once and then do nothing else. Be like I told you what I needed, you have a year. If its important you'll do it otherwise Im not helping. 

They act like I'm asking them for a favor....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Another fun day here.  The house we are renting has termites.  So the landlord told us we have to be out of here Monday morning at 8 so they can tent the house.  We found a hotel that takes dogs so we are ok there.  My husband is concerned about going to the hotel because of the coronavirus.  And we are trying to figure out where we can go, with a dog, between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm which is check in  time.  Plus neither of us are working right now so we are not happy about spending money for a hotel for 3 nights.

On the bright side, he found his glasses under the bed.  I guess Oliver stole them after all.  lol

2 hours ago, Oliversmom said:

Another fun day here.  The house we are renting has termites.  So the landlord told us we have to be out of here Monday morning at 8 so they can tent the house.  We found a hotel that takes dogs so we are ok there.  My husband is concerned about going to the hotel because of the coronavirus.  And we are trying to figure out where we can go, with a dog, between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm which is check in  time.  Plus neither of us are working right now so we are not happy about spending money for a hotel for 3 nights.

On the bright side, he found his glasses under the bed.  I guess Oliver stole them after all.  lol

Eek! Go for a hike? Walk? Ask for early check in?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
9 hours ago, NikLR said:

No. Applied for at least 15 jobs. 

Ouch, that sucks! Is Colorado back "open"?

North Dakota has been open for a week or two, not that it ever shut all the way down. Had dinner out a week or two ago, went to the mall, and my gym is opening back up on Monday. 

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

19 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Ouch, that sucks! Is Colorado back "open"?

North Dakota has been open for a week or two, not that it ever shut all the way down. Had dinner out a week or two ago, went to the mall, and my gym is opening back up on Monday. 

Nope. We're "safer at home".  In fact it feels more locked down than it did at safe at home.  More masks required. Even my volunteer place requires a temp check before each shift and has told those over 64 they arent allowed to volunteer. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

We are currently snacking on dry Froot Loops, ingest we man.

I grabbed a few from the Tornado. She wanted cereal for supper. Ate two big bowls, then when supper was done she ate that too. Wings, perogi and broccoli. I can see the growth spurt already lol 

Rain here all week I've been told. Kids are not happy at all as I filled the pool and they want to swim. I wish it would have rained before the pool was full it would have saved me money. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline
On 5/16/2020 at 8:39 AM, TBoneTX said:

And where exactly is our AWOL Polish Commie-babe, oj huh?

Absent missing Asia!  Absent, ABSENT missing MISSING Asia!

Been busy planning kitchen & bathroom makeover. It's so time-consuming! :D

Once I find something (a bathtub or a faucet or anything else) I like, the reviews make me look form something else :P

19 hours ago, SAT said:

Who's I-130s are these?? 

You believe this ####? 

Are you sure you want them to come? I know how important they are for you, but maybe it's not worth it? If it's such an inconvenience for them, just drop it. If they want to immigrate, let them come to you 🙂

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Asia said:

Are you sure you want them to come? I know how important they are for you, but maybe it's not worth it? If it's such an inconvenience for them, just drop it. If they want to immigrate, let them come to you 🙂

They did come to me.

My MIL wants to come. 

My FIL too. 

They're fairly wealthy for Malaysia standards now, and can step away. 

They have 2 grand kids that they've never met. 

They haven't seen my wife's older sis for over 10 years. 

Timeline

I just finished the 864s and 864As this morning. 

I tell my brother in law to go get a certificate of good conduct from Malaysia, They have a specific version for immigration to the US, and I specified that. So he gets the regular one that won't be accepted by the embassy there. Knucklehead. 

I asked him to find someone to fill out the DS 260 over there, and he says "Oh my friend's GF was born in the US, she can fill it out" 

I'm like "No she can't!" 

FFS watch I'm going to end up doing all of it. Everything, every form, even supporting doc, pay every fee, plane tickets lol....

A lot of the translating stuff was done by a couple of guys in my office already. 

You had to see the job these guys did, flawless. 

Imagine an exact replica of a Malaysian birth certificate in English,  same boxes, same format, same lines, same colors, etc...

Timeline

it was like pulling teeth getting my wife to get outta bed to sign the 864s for her own parents....

I should just abandon this whole process. Teach her a #@$# lesson she'll never forget.