StephWilde

Medical and Interview Time

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi so, time is approaching where we are expecting the NOA2 and I need to start planning medical and interview stuff. I was wondering how long it usually is between the medical and interview? I need to travel to London from Scotland, so I need to fit in travel around uni and it's just a hassle so the more I know in advance, the better. 

How soon after the NOA2 is received can I schedule the medical roughly? And based on your experience how long was the wait between medical and results, and then consequently your interview?

Thank you for any replies :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
39 minutes ago, StephWilde said:

Hi so, time is approaching where we are expecting the NOA2 and I need to start planning medical and interview stuff. I was wondering how long it usually is between the medical and interview? I need to travel to London from Scotland, so I need to fit in travel around uni and it's just a hassle so the more I know in advance, the better. 

How soon after the NOA2 is received can I schedule the medical roughly? And based on your experience how long was the wait between medical and results, and then consequently your interview?

Hi , 

after NOA2 come the NVC stage  Before interview . 

it’s too early now to plan for interview .
once NOA2 received they send (USCIS) your case to NVC and then you have to wait ( once case received ) to have a case number and do the NVC part like AOS/DS260 

reviewing can vary. 
it can take 4/6 weeks to be DQ if everything is ok .

then few weeks again to receive the interview letter .

then interview date depend on the embassy you gonna be interview .

The best is to wait to be DQ and have your IL before scheduling anything . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, StephWilde said:

I can't help with the timeline between NOA2 and your case getting through to NVC then on to London. I am well past all the angst and obsession of timelines. But once your case arrives in London, you control the timeline. You pick the medical date and can pick your interview as well. You don't have to wait for medical results before picking an interview. Ideally your medical results would be at the embassy on the day of your interview, but it isn't a crisis if not. You simply have to wait a bit longer to receive the visa back because they will not be able to approve you at interview because they haven't received the medical.

Some that live a long way off or have constraints on when they can travel make one trip to London and do the medical one day and the interview the following.  If you need to delay the visa so you can get to the end of your Uni term, then simply delay making your two appointments. You can stall that as needed. Once you attend the medical, your clock of visa validity starts. Your visa will be good for 6 months from the medical date, not from the interview or visa issue date. 

To make the medical appointment by phone, you will need to tell them your new case number that is assigned at NVC. (LNDXXXXXXXX). To make the interview appointment the case has to be in London. 

I would suggest this as a good order of doing things once your case is in London and they are ready for you to apply for the visa:

1. Submit DS-160.
  2. Gather documents. (for interview as well as documents for medical appointment). You don't want a looming appointment if you hit a hiccup and won't have what you need for the appointment. 
  3. Book your medical date by calling the clinic. 020 7486 7822. 
  4. Book the courier, pay, and pick an interview date all at the same time on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”. Leave 10 days between medical and interview if you want medical results there on interview day, but as stated earlier, it isn't a deal breaker if they aren't there.
  5. Attend your medical.
  6. Attend your interview.

Gather documents step is important. Work on that now. See lists:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

And do read all the information and FAQs on the embassy website instructions.   https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Don't assume you picked up everything you need to know in the K1 threads. Each embassy does things in their own way.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi , 

after NOA2 come the NVC stage  Before interview . 

it’s too early now to plan for interview .
once NOA2 received they send (USCIS) your case to NVC and then you have to wait ( once case received ) to have a case number and do the NVC part like AOS/DS260 

reviewing can vary. 
it can take 4/6 weeks to be DQ if everything is ok .

then few weeks again to receive the interview letter .

then interview date depend on the embassy you gonna be interview .

The best is to wait to be DQ and have your IL before scheduling anything . 

@StephWilde

The above post from Mr & Mrs T is incorrect for a K1 fiancé visa. The spouse visa process is different. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline
1 hour ago, StephWilde said:

I think after USCIS approving your i-129f it will send you an approval noa2 and then USCIS will send your case to NVC then you’ll wait for couple weeks for NVC to create for you a case number. Then after three weeks you can start contacting NVC and ask them for your case number. Then if you got a case number then NVC will send your case to your embassy where you stay and you’ll be checking here http://ceac.state.gov and when your case says ready you can go on and pay for Visa applicantion fee and schedule your interview appointment and medical appointment 🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

@StephWilde

The above post from Mr & Mrs T is incorrect for a K1 fiancé visa. The spouse visa process is different. 

Oops sorry 😐 

Embassy of the United States of America 33 Nine Elms Lane London SW11 77S UK Please confirm this is the new interview location for my fiancee. I've seen Gov Sqaure- but that is old right?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Embassy of the United States of America 33 Nine Elms Lane London SW11 77S UK Please confirm this is the new interview location for my fiancee. I've seen Gov Sqaure- but that is old right?

Yes, they moved into a new building two years ago. Use the GPS postal code for finding with Google maps is what their website says, but I think the other works.

MAILING ADDRESS
Embassy of the United States of America
33 Nine Elms Lane
London
SW11 7US

GPS & DRIVING
Please use "London SW8 5BL“ or "US Embassy London Nine Elms"

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.