RRPH

Keeping NVC Case Open

2 posts in this topic

In October 2019 I received approved I-130 petitions for both of my parents. In November 2019 I have also received the welcome letters (NVC Case Number and Invoice ID number) from NVC. I have paid the NVC fees(both AOS fees and IV fees), but have not yet submitted either the IV package or the AOS package.

My parents have not yet decided on when they want to immigrate to the US. So, I would like to keep the I-130 and NVC case open as long as possible, till they decide. I read somewhere that NVC will keep the case open as long as I communicate with them, and that after one year of no communication, the case is closed.

Questions:

1. How long is an approved I-130 valid for?

2. How long can I keep the NVC Case Open?

3. How and what does one communicate with the NVC to keep the case open? And who communicates – can I as the petitioner communicate or do my parents as the applicants need to communicate?

Edited by RRPH

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 7:39 PM, RRPH said:

In October 2019 I received approved I-130 petitions for both of my parents. In November 2019 I have also received the welcome letters (NVC Case Number and Invoice ID number) from NVC. I have paid the NVC fees(both AOS fees and IV fees), but have not yet submitted either the IV package or the AOS package.

My parents have not yet decided on when they want to immigrate to the US. So, I would like to keep the I-130 and NVC case open as long as possible, till they decide. I read somewhere that NVC will keep the case open as long as I communicate with them, and that after one year of no communication, the case is closed.

Questions:

1. How long is an approved I-130 valid for?

2. How long can I keep the NVC Case Open?

3. How and what does one communicate with the NVC to keep the case open? And who communicates – can I as the petitioner communicate or do my parents as the applicants need to communicate?

I asked NVC when i decided to delay my approved i-130 for my husband.only now i have submitted all documents this new year. They had told me that as long as u keep in touch with them every now and then or once a year.. ur case stays open.. there is no end date or anything like that..just call them once in a while.. ur parents dont have to do that .. u the petitioner must do all that coz u have all their information.. i just hate the more than 30minutes of waiting on hold to talk to someone once u get thru.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.